Chapter 1

Frost and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

How many years has it been? 4? 5? 6? I almost forgot what really happened before. I can’t even remember how she looks. He thought as he look at the soccer field.

“Jongin.” He look at his back and saw his friends coming towards him. The only friends he allowed to call him by his real name. They handed him a can of soda. The sound of bubbles came rising as he flip its lid. He drank the soda burning his throat as he gulped it on one go. “Let’s go inside our classroom. It’s getting hot in here.” He nod his head and signalled them to go.

“I’ll come along later.” He just looked at him in his friend’s eyes. His friend got it and did not bother to force him. He knew him for years and he described him as the typical man who does not easily smile or laugh. What he only knew is that before, when they were in middle school Jongin is not the one who is silent. When they reached the second year of high school, that was when it all started. If he is not that silent, things made him easily mad. Pushing the tables, the chairs and then leaving them as if nothing happened. Probably, this is the best they can hope for. For him to be silent instead of his mad side. But they understand him. This is not him before. Definitely not. “Thank you Baekhyun hyung.”

The rustle of the trees can be heard at the park near their school. He watched as the students play soccer. He can hear the ball being kicked. He remember how he used to play it before. But then there was a sudden loss of interest on the things he used to do. Just sitting there at the bench doing nothing. Sometimes, it is more done enough. But whenever he closes his eyes, it only reminds him of everything. he slowly open his eyes and stare at the sky that is slightly being covered by the tree. It’s hot.

He get up from where his sitting and sling his backpack at his shoulder. He look at his wristwatch and he was surprised that it take too long again doing nothing. He curled the can and tried to shoot it to the nearest trash bin beside a girl that is drawing something on her notebook. When he entered the school campus, he’s right, full of loud voices. We all go to school with many reasons. One, because we need to. Second, because we are told to. Third, because it is one of the necessities of being a human. And fourth…

“Ow.” he muttered angrily. The can hit his head as someone aimed to throw it on the trash can beside him. He look at that someone and tried to shoot some glares but as he look behind him, the girl is already walking away. “Yah! Watch where you’re throwing!” He shouted.

“Really?” She said not even looking at him and just walked straight. He looked at the can that him and was surprised to see that it is somewhat the same can he threw earlier. It is too early for him to throw some tantrums and so, he picked up the can and throw it properly on the trash bin near him.

He headed to his classroom with the same look he always plaster on his face. As he was putting his backpack on the rack, he felt that his phone vibrated inside his blazer.

We’ll be having a dinner with your brother. Her mother texted him. Brother? The last time I remember I was an only child. He can’t help to repeatedly thought about that matter whenever the subject about his ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter