Blind Date - FIN.

Candy

Irene groaned and thudded her head on the coffee table, nearly knocking over her steaming Americano.

Hell, she didn’t even like coffee in the first place.

It was all Seulgi’s fault. She was the one who ordered her a cup of the god forsaken drink in the midst of her excitement, and she was the one who got her into this mess.

A blind date for Pete’s sake.

Irene felt a finger prod the top her head, jolting her out of her misery.

She picked her head up to glare at the offender.

“It won’t be that bad, Irene. You haven’t dated since college, and just having drunken one night stands can’t be good for your health. Besides, even if you don’t get a potential partner from this, maybe you’ll make a friend.” the blonde woman said hopefully.

Irene groaned again. “Seul, I don’t even know what she looks like. And just what makes you think I can make friends with someone I don’t even know?” 

Seulgi chuckled in amusement. “That’s how people usually make friends you know? Approach people they barely know. But believe me! Wendy is really sweet, she has the nicest smile, and she’s also a art and music nerd like you. You guys will bond totally fine!”

Irene just glared at her dubiously. “If you have such high regard for this Wendy girl, why don’t you just date her instead?”

“Oh she’s not my type. Besides, what friend would I be if I didn’t set you up with blind dates that made you slightly uncomfortable?” Seulgi replied with a cheeky smile, which was quickly wiped off with a kick to the shin.

Irene did appreciate the effort Seulgi put into setting up a blind date for her. 

She really did. 

In the back of her mind, she knew she probably should socialize more, outside of the bars she frequented on the weekends and the studio, where all her fellow photographers talked about were expensive cameras she couldn’t afford.

Irene sighed. There was just a teensy tiny problem to the whole blind date thing.

She already had someone.

Well, had was loosely phrased.

She just knew a girl, ironically from one of her drunken weekend escapades, who she just happened to text on the daily. 

Irene herself didn’t remember much about that particular night she met the girl, since she was just a tad drunk. 

The morning after, she had woken up with a massive hangover, and a messy string of numbers scrawled across her palm.

Apparently, one-night-stand girl was a little less drunk that night, considering she had the consciousness to give her number to Irene. 

Irene had debated on texting one-night-stand girl, because 1. Writing a number on someone’s hand was a strange way of exchanging communication methods, and 2. She didn’t even know one-night-stand girl’s name.

What she did remember was that one-night-stand girl was pretty damn good with her fingers. You didn’t meet people who were that skilled with their hands on one night stands.

So, following that logic, Irene decided oh what the hell, and proceded to text said number.

Honestly, Irene could classify that decision as a “One Of The Most Pivotal Decisions That She Had Made While Adulting” kind of decision.

Because on top of being good with her fingers, Seungwan, aka one-night-stand girl was also a smooth talker, a musician (which explained her A+ finger skills), and a good ter. And the girl had abs. Like, the ripped, I-do-pilates-for-a-living type of abs.

But there was one setback: Both of them haven’t made the move to ask each other to dinner yet. Irene certainly wasn’t going to be the one to ask. She admits, she’s a bit of a wuss in the relationship department.

Irene scrolled through her texts with Seungwan in resignation. Most of them were booty calls at 1 am, with some risqué pictures scattered here or there, or drunk texts that just verged on vulnerable. But beyond that, any other intimacy was almost nonexistent.

Irene had originally planned to tell Seulgi about this girl, but without any tangible proof of a relationship, there was no way to convince her otherwise out of dragging her to meet this Wendy. 

Looks like she won’t be getting out of this mess anytime soon, so she might as well give this whole blind date thing a shot.

Whats the worst that could happen right?

Irene arrived early, just when it had started to pour. 

Seulgi had directed her to location the coffee shop they shared the other day, since it seemed to be convenient for both her and Wendy. 

Irene settled down and ordered herself a cup of green tea, and a simple black coffee with milk for Wendy.

Lost in her thoughts, Irene watched as rivulets of water ran down the windows of the coffee shop. It had really started to pour. She wondered if Wendy would even be able to make it in this weather. She almost hoped she wouldn’t.

The bell of the coffee shop door pulled her out of her daze, and she heard a faintly familiar voice approach her. 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry I’m late, there was a huge amount of traffic when I was coming downtown, and I couldn’t find parking, and it was raining, and I - Irene?!”

Irene swiftly turned as she heard the mention of her name. As she saw the girl in front of her dripping from head to toe, her eyes widened into saucers and her jaw dropped.

“Seungwan?! Why are you here?!"