Final ❤

"Unlove"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung checked the time.
5:21 ᴘ.ᴍ.

He specifically told him to meet him at 5. What is taking him so long? That guy seriously is pissing him off up until the last day in highschool!

Jinyoung feels like time is ticking fast but there's still no sight of his red hair! Where is he?? Classes ended at 4:30. What's holding him up? Is he even planning to show up? God, that idiot if he doesn't-

 

"Jinyoungie!"

When Jinyoung saw him, by the rooftop's door, crouched with his hands on his knees, almost gasping for air, only then was he able to heave a sigh of relief.

He wanted to smile because, god he's happy! Mark showed up. At least he knows his efforts won't go to waste. But in their fifteen years of friendship (bestfriendship- Mark says), smiling at each other is unusual. So instead, Jinyoung frowned. Now, that's more usual.

 

"You're thirty minutes late." He said, hands on his waist, sounding like a mom scolding her son.

Mark glanced at his own watch. "Twenty six!" Jinyoung just sneered at him.

"You're still late." Jinyoung pouted, arching his brows. "And you made me wait." he said, crossing his arms.

"Cool. At least you know the feeling."

"What did you say?" Jinyoung asked but the red haired just waved his hands, dismissing him and Jinyoung just scowled at him. "Anyway, we're not here to fight. I'm here to tell you something. Something very important."

 

When Mark stared at him, Jinyoung almost hesitated on telling him. God. He's been keeping this for quite a while now although he's not really sure when it exactly started. The point is, he's already here. He has already fallen.

And now he needs to tell him.

 

Heaving a deep breath... Here it goes.

"Mark, I want to tell you that-"

 

But maybe destiny says it's not the right time.

 

"Babe?" Mina, their classmate peeked in, and her face lit up when she saw Mark. Her eyes landed on Jinyoung, noticing his presence. She smiled politely at him before turning to Mark. "I'll just wait downstairs."

"Okay, babe." Mark said, waving at Mina as she left.

"What were you saying again, Jinyoungie?"

His eyes were back at him, while Jinyoung... well he tried to sort out his wandering thoughts. Clearing his throat, Jinyoung spoke.

 

"I got in. I will be studying at KAIST."

"You what?"

 

It's not part of the plan. His plan. With Mark. The plan was, they'll both go to SNU and stick together. Jinyoung applied to different universities and it's true that he got in KAIST. But he has long decided that he's still going to SNU. Now, what changed his mind?

 

Jinyoung gave a lopsided smile. And then he started to tell Mark about the plan he had come up with just now.

"So that means, we're not gonna stick together?"

'Yes. That's the plan'... Jinyoung thought.

 

He planned on telling Mark about his feelings. But destiny has other plans. It isn't the right time.

Or maybe... it never will be.
 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧


 

"Good evening passengers, this is your captain speaking. We have just landed at Charles de Gaulle Airport ."

 

Jinyoung shifted on his seat, trying to make himself feel comfortable. He gazed through the window and saw the afternoon sky. A whole sky of red and orange, such a wonderful combination. Like paints beautifully mixed on a pallet.

 

"On behalf of Air France and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a good evening.”


 

Touchdown, Paris.

As part of his once-a-year vacation, Jinyoung decided to go to Paris, the city of lights as they call it. Working as a senior development manager is stressful and he needs this kind of escape every once in a while. It did cost him a fortune, yes. But it's going to be worth it. He'll make sure that it's going to be worth it.

 

He hailed a cab to take him to Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel where he'll be staying for the whole of his vacation here. Jinyoung already booked ahead of time and he chose the best room. He put his luggage on top of his bed after entering his suite. He pulled the curtains off and breathed in the view outside the window.

This is why he chose this room. It lets him see that one thing which he only used to see in postcards and on instagram.

 

The Eiffel Tower.

And just like that, Jinyoung's mind went back to that memory, about twenty years ago, but still, not forgotten...


 

"Close your eyes." he whispered.

They are both inside Jinyoung's room, under the blanket which they used as a tent, gathered around a globe.

As what Mark said, he closed his eyes. Jinyoung felt Mark take his hand and made him point his finger. "At the count of three, okay?" Jinyoung nodded. "Alright, one... two... three."

He heard the sound of the globe spinning. He closed his eyes even tighter as he let his finger touch the globe, stopping it from spinning.

 

"Paris."

Mark whispered and Jinyoung slowly opened his eyes. Indeed, it's Paris. "You always get Paris." Mark said with that smirk on his face.

Jinyoung just propped his elbows and rested his chin on his hands. "Well I do love to go to Paris. It's my dream." He said dreamily. Mark laughed and ruffled his hair. "YAH, STOP!" Mark immediately hushed him. Jinyoung just pouted and glared at him.

 

"I promise." He heard him say.

"Promise what?"

Mark stared at him, with those warm and fond eyes. "I promise to be the person who'll go there with you." and his kind of smile made Jinyoung hope.

 

Jinyoung was startled by the sound of three consecutive knocks on his door. That managed to snap him back into reality. What are you doing, reminiscing?He just shook his head and walked towards the door to open it.

"Room s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter