final.

language of love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's no secret to anyone in the teachers' office that Home Econs teacher, Jung Yerin is head over heels for English teacher, Kim Yewon.

 

From buying her coffee every morning to sending her home every once in a while, everyone in the office wonders why Yerin hasn't asked Yewon out once for the past one year since she started making her advances.

 

How is she supposed to when the young teacher doesn't seem to be showing any interest in her whenever she does something that's considered heart-fluttering by the other teachers?

 

Still, that doesn't stop her from pursuing her.

 

Yerin is walking down the hallway to the teachers’ office when she sees a familiar figure leaving class 2—3 with a stack of exercise books in hands. Recognising her to be none other than Yewon after squinting her eyes a little, a grin forms on her lips and she increases her pace to catch up to her. “Do you need help with the books, Miss Kim?” she asks the moment she's walking alongside the English teacher.

 

Yewon seemed to have known she was approaching her because she doesn't look surprise upon hearing Yerin's voice.

 

“It's fine, Miss Jung,” Yewon declines the help offered with a reassuring smile. “I can handle carrying thirty books myself.”

 

“Do you mind if I walk with you to the office then? I'm heading there too,” Yerin says, shoving both her hands into the pockets of her cardigan. Somehow, she finds it weird leaving them hanging by her side.

 

“I don't mind at all,” Yewon laughs lightly. “I think I'll need your help to open the door for me later.”

 

“Anything for you, Miss Kim,” Yerin grins, her eyes forming two crescents.

 

Not much words are exchanged between the two teachers as they make their way to the office. Yerin doesn't mind the silence though. It's comforting.

 

Tilting her head slightly to glance at Yewon, she quickly faces the front once more, her cheeks heating up when her eyes meet Yewon's coincidentally.

 

Why does the walk suddenly seem so long?

 

Yerin wants nothing but to hide at that very moment.

 

Until she realises something.

 

Why was Yewon looking at her too?

 

Sneaking another quick glance, Yerin is surprised to see that Yewon's cheeks, too, are coloured red.

 

“Oh? Miss Jung, Miss Kim. Are the two of you heading to the office?”

 

Yerin grimaces hearing the voice. Why must he always appear at the wrong timing?

 

“Mr. Lee, I can carry the books myself. You don't—”

 

The Home Econs teacher rolls her eyes as she watches the male teacher take the stack of books from Yewon's hands.

 

“It's fine, Miss Kim. We're going the same direction anyway.”

 

Yerin feels like gagging seeing the cheeky grin on Mr. Lee's face. This can't do, she thinks. She can't stand around doing nothing about the situation.

 

Consequently, she slots herself in between the English and P.E teacher on purpose, separating the two.

 

“I'm guessing your hand must be heavy too, Miss Kim.” Gaze on the younger teacher, she slips her hand into Yewon's with a satisfied smile on her lips. “Let me hold it for you since Mr. Lee is already helping you out with the books.”

 

“You idiot!”

 

Yerin lets out a soft whine when Yewon yanks her hand away and gives her shoulder a slap.

 

“We're still in school. You can't just randomly hold my hand like that!”

 

“Can I hold your hand after school since I'm sending you home today?”

 

“You're insufferable,” Yewon groans, her cheeks turning red once again before she walks ahead of the other two teachers.

 

“You don't stand a chance at all, Mr. Lee,” Yerin sticks her tongue out childishly at the P.E teacher.

 

“Why you—”

 

“Miss Kim will be mine~”

 

 

Yerin’s determination is remarkable.

 

Yewon finds it endearing how the Home Econs teacher hasn’t given up on pursuing her yet.

 

Jung Yerin has been nothing but nice to her since she started her job as an English teacher one and a half years ago. She was the one who made her feel welcome on the first day. Yewon can still remember the bright expression on Yerin's face when she introduced herself to her. How her cheeks were high, causing her eyes to form into beautiful crescents. From that moment onwards, she knew teaching life would be enjoyable with the older girl around.

 

And she’s right.

 

Yewon finds herself looking forward to school every day, curious to know what antic Yerin will pull next and whenever the Home Econs teacher is on sick leave, the office feels empty, void of the happiness Yerin exudes every single second.

 

Because of Yerin (and her students, of course), Yewon enjoys going to work.

 

Tilting her head to look at the older girl who is driving, a small smile unknowingly tugs up her lips seeing how focused the latter is on the road ahead of her. Although she doesn't show or admit it out loud, a part of her has turned soft for Yerin.

 

It was weird to Yewon at first when the older female started being sickeningly sweet to her a year ago. The first time, Yerin came up to her with her favourite coffee in the morning and drove her home in the evening— Yewon couldn't even reject the offer because it happened to rain hard that day and she had forgotten to bring her umbrella. The ride wasn't awkward surprisingly. They mostly talked about their day and managed to share a few things about themselves. That was the day she found out their birthday fall on the same date and that Yerin is two years older than her.

 

The next morning, Yerin came over to her desk with coffee again, but this time, she gave a bag of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies along with the beverage. They were hands down the best Yewon had ever tasted. A perk of being friends with a Home Econs teacher, she initially thought. She didn't know Yerin was trying to win over her heart yet.

 

Yewon only realised what Yerin had been doing when she started receiving funny— for the lack of words— questions from her fellow colleagues. There were plenty but the most frequently asked question was:what did you do to make Miss Jung fall for you?

 

The English teacher was baffled to hear that question thrown at her when History teacher, Oh Hayoung first asked her. Yerin had been exceptionally nice to her, yes, but she was sure the older female was like that to everyone else too. Jung Yerin isn't the most liked teacher in the office for nothing.

 

“Miss Jung looks even brighter ever since you joined us.” Yewon can still clearly remember those words coming from Hayoung. “I'm not saying she isn't before you came but she's like an embodiment of a living, breathing sunshine now.”

 

On the same day, Yerin started throwing random pick up lines at her. They were awful— Yewon's fingers and toes curled up every time— but cute. It amused her how Yerin was able to say all of them with a cheeky grin and not cringe.

 

The Home Econs teacher truly is something.

 

“My eyes may be on the road but I can feel you staring at me, Yewon.”

 

Instead of turning flustered for being caught, Yewon's smile only grows wider. “You look really cool whenever you drive, Yerin. I can't help but stare.”

 

“I do, don't I?” Yerin grins.

 

During a drive a couple months back, the two teachers had agreed to drop the formalities and call each other by their names once school is over for the day.

 

In the evening, they're just Yerin and Yewon. Not Miss Jung, the Home Econs teacher and Miss Kim, the English teacher.

 

In a way, Yewon feels closer to Yerin whenever she gets to call her by her name.

 

“Are you able to steer the wheel with just a hand?” she asks out of nowhere. “If you're able to, can I borrow your right hand for a while?”

 

“Why?”

 

She sees Yerin's brows crease in confusion but the older female complies anyway, stretching her hand out for her. Slipping her fingers between Yerin's, Yewon interlocks them together.

 

“You asked earlier if you could hold my hand after school, didn't you? Here's my answer.”

 

Seeing how Yerin's confused expression turns into a bright one, Yewon looks out of the window, suddenly feeling shy.

 

Maybe, she has turned too soft for Yerin.

 

 

If someone were to ask Yerin why she likes Yewon a lot, it may take her the whole day to list her reasons down.

 

There is barely anything to not like about the English teacher. Perhaps, she has fallen too deep for her that she's willing to turn a blind eye on Yewon's nega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter