final

12 on 12th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For the umpteenth times, Sehun takes his phone to check out the time yet it has not come, making him sigh disappointedly before humping himself on the bed, burying his face on the pillow. It’s 11.50 p.m. on 11th April. Somehow he feels like the time slows down, teasing Sehun to make himself feels unnecessarily irritated. Sehun finally lie flat on his bed again, staring emptily at the white ceiling but once when he is about to get himself caught by the daze of sleepiness right above the lids, a sudden ringing sound breaks the wall of silence.

That tone surely light his brown eyes up and immediately, Sehun gets up – sitting with his back straight and pulls his legs close, crossing them together.

He grins a little bit too excitedly as that name appears on the phone before clearing his throat and taking a deep breath as Sehun’s finger slides the screen to take the call.

“Happy birthday, Oh Sehun! Now that you are 20, officially an old man…!” That shout then turns to a whisper, “I’m the first one to wish, right?”

El’s cheeky voice manages to pull out a smile from him but Sehun needs to stay composed, so that his true feelings towards his best friend wouldn't be obvious. Modestly, he chuckles and nods as if that person was right in front of him. “You won again.”

“See? I told you I would always be able to be the first one.” She brags on the line. “Not like the person we both know…”

“El, that was two years ago.” Sehun whines as the girl brings up the past where he literally forgot El’s birthday. “Didn’t I said I’m sorry?”

El laughs wholeheartedly as she has been always enjoying to annoy that friend of her. So she adds, “Yes but remember how you wished me last year? You remembered that it was my birthday right after I reminded you about it. And yet you still called yourself as my best friend.”

“Then do you want me to be something else?”

“Yes?”

“Like what?” El froze at Sehun’s sudden question as much as she is shocked by herself boldly saying ‘yes’ just now. The girl gets up from the chair that she’s sitting on before starting to repeatedly kick the air. She squirm at her own foul mouth but it was all cut off right away by Sehun’s words. “I could just be a friend who’d be the last wisher each and every year. That’s special too, right?”

Immediately, El’s mood dies down at the guy’s mindless blabber. She hates that she could not help but to feel a bit upset at Sehun’s comment even when she has been trying to get over the whole thing about secretly crushing on Sehun. However just like it had always be, El hides her thoughts as she jokingly huffs, “Sure, I couldn’t believe I just agreed to get myself stuck with you each and every year.”

“That’s okay, I’d guarantee you would have a lot of fun with me. We are going to spend a very, very long time together.” Sehun vows – clueless that he just made the girl’s heart flutters. “By the way, you know that just one wish won’t be enough, right?” The guy shifts his position on the bed as he lays on his stomach with his long legs swinging at the back. Sehun pouts, “I want a present as well.”

“Then how about tomorrow during lunch?”

Sehun squeezes his eyes shut for a bit, trying to recall his schedules for classes on tomorrow. “I’d be having Mandarin right before it. You know how the lecturer wouldn’t stop talking, right? I’m afraid that I couldn’t make it.”

“Then dinner?”

“Group discussion.”

El slaps her forehead inaudibly as she breathes, “Man, how the heck that you could be so busy?”

“I know right? Lately it has been so hard for us to meet, even when we are in the same university.” He frowns, venting up his frustration over his crappy classes schedules for this semester, then only Sehun could think of something. “Then what about breakfast? You have no morning classes, right?”

“Okay then, breakfast it is.” El agrees delightfully, then continues, “I’ll pick you up in front of your dorm building, it’s your birthday anyway.”

“What a gentlewoman.”

“For a baby, I need to be one.”

 

 

“You're late, it's already night!”

El nods lazily, then put the bag containing gift on the table before taking her cap off, revealing her soft locks falling off her shoulder. Her hand tugs on Sehun’s arm and pulls it gently, leading him to sit on the couch. Comfortably, she joins to rest her bum on the couch but gradually lands her head on Sehun’s lap. Finally after a hectic day at the bakery, she gets herself to have rest with the person she loves. That man is still pouting but El tends to ignore it as she points to the shopping bag on the table.

“Go check it out. Aren’t you always up for presents?”

Sehun shakes his head off and looks away before complaining, “You ignored me when I visited this morning…!”

“You know that we were both working at the moment, right? And I didn’t ignored you…!” El pauses. “We did greet each other, right?”

Today, Sehun’s subordinate team held a small simple party for their customers at my place along with promoting that bakery of mine, as we officially signed a contract of being that company’s assigned bakery last summer. As the manager of that branch, Sehun was also there to supervise the event’s progress however we only got to meet each other briefly which explains why Sehun is acting this way.

“Yeah, sure. With a handshake. I’m your husband, we should at least give each other a peck on the cheek or something. Besides, today is my birthday. Shouldn’t you be treating me even more special than the other days?”

El purses her lips together, hiding a laugh as she is enjoying the weekly sulking session of her husband’s. Of course she felt sorry for being a person who is not fond of PDA even after months of living as a married couple but she had no idea how to fix that behaviour of hers. And also, seeing Sehun all pouty strangely feels nice and entertaining.

The lady raises her hand up in a quick movement as she cups Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter