Would 'Us' Work?

Taeyeon and Jessica's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Timeline of the paragraphs go back and forth. I listen to Dean, Troop, etc while writting this. It's pretty long haha. Enjoy?

--

It was noon when the clicking sound of her laptop's keyboard is getting intense, yet she enjoys working with her laptop more than her colleagues. That's the only time at work when she can listen to her playlist. Since Taeyeon got promoted, she now has her own room of privacy where she can expand her train of thoughts outside work. Brushing aside her silver bangs, Taeyeon sighed as she picked up her ringing phone, preparing herself to face her client. She felt sudden tense in her body as she looked at her phone screen.

"Hi, umm, i just want to ask you if you're available tonight?"

Taeyeon freezed for a split second, as wrinkle starting to form on her forehead. She regrets picking up her phone. She doesn't want to disappoint, especially this person she's on the phone with. She thought tonight was her only chance to pay for her mistakes. But she couldn't avoid to face another disappointment from the girl.

"I would love to but i'm sorry i think i'm working late tonight. Maybe sometime later next week?"

It bugs Taeyeon when what she could only say was 'sometime later'. It felt as if she had to choose between her Job or Jessica. Come to think of it, it's hard to put your priorities straight.

"Okay. Bye"

She hung up even before Taeyeon could respond. Taeyeon doesn't know how to respond anyway so she guessed it's better that way. She went back to her work with distractions in her mind. With Jessica in her mind, to be exact. Taeyeon couldn't help but to reminisce the times when she tried so hard to get with Jessica back in college.

--

i.

Taeyeon's class finished earlier today. She waited at the cafetaria waiting for Tiffany's class to finish. They agreed to have some ice cream after class, but it's not the ice cream, nor Tiffany she was waiting for. It's Tiffany's bestfriend, Jessica. Taeyeon has been paying attention to Jessica since Tiffany introduced her. And Tiffany caught on so quick on how Taeyeon's eyes are always fixed on Jessica. Just like now, when Tiffany and Jessica are both walking to Taeyeon's table.

"Hey, i can see you there long enough to stare at us walking, is there anything wrong?"

Taeyeon couldn't control her expressions and she knew damn well her friend was actually teasing her. Tiffany has long know that Taeyeon has a feeling for Jessica. Tiffany was not surprised when Taeyeon confessed that she likes Jessica. Taeyeon's eyes were all over her. As obvious as it seemed, Taeyeon opening up first to Tiffany about her feelings is what surprised Tiffany. Taeyeon is like an onion in a human form. Peeling an onion is useless. Just like trying Taeyeon to talk about her feelings.

"Umm no, i'm just surprised to see you guys coming here early for lunch? Haha"

It was the driest laugh Taeyeon ever let out. She just wanted to change the subject. It's embarrassing if Jessica finds out. Or has she already?

", you're the one who finished your class earlier. It's lunch time now, stop daydreaming!" Tiffany scoffed her way to save her seat next to Taeyeon. Tiffany has a super quick tact. Quick enough to alter their conversations in case Taeyeon gets a bit nervous.

Taeyeon could not exactly looked at Jessica in her eyes. Each time Taeyeon talks or discuss about something with Jessica, Taeyeon's eyes couldn't really fixed themselves on the latter. It was as if her rush of excitement through her veins makes her even more nervous. Taeyeon knew it wasn't just a crush she's having the moment she couldn't look into Jessica's eyes for even two seconds.

"I want a Burrito. Do you guys feel like eating Mexican food? I'll order for you guys too." Tiffany stood up, giving a signal that she'll be taking orders. Funny how it's usually Taeyeon role playing as a restaurant server when it's lunch. But this time, Tiffany outrun her. Tiffany thinks maybe Taeyeon can have sometime to ease the tense inside Taeyeon. To actually have a conversation by looking at each other's eyes. To be engaged in their own conversations.

"Umm no i want something else, maybe i should go first since i won't take long." Taeyeon tried so hard to avoid being left alone with Jessica. It's actually funny for Taeyeon because as much as she wants to talk longer to Jessica alone, her body wouldn't let her and instead, she avoids all the possibility of what could have been if they're together, alone.

"I want something else too, maybe we should part ways and go back here after we order?" A soft and gentle voice coming out from Jessica strikes Taeyeon's sense. To have Jessica agreed with her is something new for Taeyeon.

"Sure, Let's meet up here when you guys are done ordering." Tiffany agreed as she walked right away to her favorite Mexican food stall, leaving Taeyeon and Jessica behind. 

--

Jessica was working her off and felt like enjoying a leisure time. With the new fashion startup she's trying to build with her friends, her life has gotten even busier. Her stress has already piled up. And now feeling rejected has arrived on her pile of stress. Why is it so hard trying to meet Taeyeon, it was easier back in college. They would just meet after class. She has more free time back then, she has more room to meet Taeyeon back then. But Jessica is now starting to think that they both won't work out. It's not gonna work out as she wanted to. She heard a sudden knock on her door.

"Come in." Jessica replied the knock with a stern voice, just wanting to get another work over with.

"Hey i think you can get home earlier today since one of our investors canceled the meeting. Said there's an emergency internal meeting today."

Jessica's supposed to like it. It's an extra leisure time for god's sake. But she's not having it. It for Jessica to be at home earlier, thinking about her regret asking Taeyeon to be with her for the night.

"Sure, thanks."

Those are the only replies she could only come up with. It's two more hours until the end of her office hours anyway. It's hard now that their office are closer but the time wouldn't even let her spend some time with Taeyeon. She just wanted to meet Taeyeon. But now she just couldn't wait to get home and sleep away her sadness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter