Coffee

Coffee (One-shot)
”Auch!”
 
Too hot. I’ll let it cool down a bit. I should learn to be patient and wait longer cause I always end up burning my tongue.
 
”Unnie, could I have a glass of cold water please? With some ice too.”
 
I’ve really missed this café. I should definitely come here more often. It seems like a few of the workers here have changed but I’m surprised that that unnie is still working here. She even recognized me and remembered my favourite coffee; white chocolate mocha latté. Nothing can beat the divine taste of this drink topped with sweet whipped cream and chocolate flakes sprinkled on top. Pure. Ecstasy. Just a few moments more and I can dive right into the world of...
 
”Here you go.”
 
”Oh, right. Thank you.”
 
I love sitting in this spot, my favourite spot. In the corner right next to the window, with a perfect view outside to see the river bank basking in the warm autumn sun and the park beyond it. Not a weather to go for long walks in though. Even with the sun out we get freezing winds and degrees are slowly dropping closer to zero. Why can’t we just skip winter? Maybe if I pout hard enough at the sun it’ll feel sorry for me and stay with us longer. Fear my pout!
 
”Is this seat taken?”
 
Pout!
 
”Is something wrong?”
 
Pou- Wait, what? Somebody is talking to me. Oh God. She saw me pout at the sun. So. Utterly. Embarrassing. Please, Mr. Sun, burn me on this spot now! Make me evaporate! Disappear! Do something! Or maybe I should dig a hole and hide there? My own personal rabbit hole.
 
”I’m sorry if I’m interrupting something.”
 
Gahh! Say something. You don’t want to be rude. Look up to the person and smi-... Wow. That is one pretty person. Those eyes are enchanting. Why am I staring at her? Stop staring. Stop. And close your mouth, you’ll drool. You’re being rude. Move your mouth. Talk. Go. Now.
 
”I’m sorry. Yes. I mean no. What I mean is, the seat, it’s not taken.”
 
”Thank you. All the other window seats are taken and the ones at the back are close to the smokers section. I can’t stand the smoke.” ”Yeah, it gets real stuffy back there.”
 
Those eyes can smile too. Her smile is just wonderful. Where do people like this come from? Eyes arching in beautiful crescent moons, her spectacular lips made for kissing spread into a perfect smile. A softly rounded face with a cute nose that rounds at the tip. Puffy cheeks complete her smile leading back to those lips which are delicious. I rarely say this of lips but, delicious. I wonder what they feel like? I’m quite sure they’re going to be heavenly, soft like a cloud or cotton candy, perfectly moist and delectable like a chocolate dessert after a gourmet dinner. Sculpted personally by the hands of God into perfection. I’m staring again. Stop. Look up. Crap. She’s been watching me stare at her. Look. Away. Now. Say something.
 
”Do you come here often? I haven’t seen you before, though it’s been a while since my last time here.”
 
”No, I’m not a regular. I just moved in to this area and this is my first time in this café. I’ve been trying different places all around to see which one I like the best.”
 
”Ahh, I see.”
 
She doesn’t have a place yet. I need to make this her regular place. I don’t want to lose such a pretty person so soon. I like pretty people and we don’t get them too often here. She needs to stay. Here. With me. Just me.
 
”This place is pretty good. They’ve got some tasty pastries, milk shakes from fresh fruit and berries, and the coffees here are the best around town. I’ve tried quite a few places and none beat the coffees found here. Oh and I’m Sunny. Nice to meet you.”
 
 
---
 
 
Where is she? She’s already– lets’ see... half an hour late. Well it’s not like we had a time set, but she’s still late. Maybe she’s just stuck in traffic. With all this water pouring down it could really cause some problems out there on the road. I hope nothing happened. Maybe I should call her and check where she is so I can order the coffee to be ready for when she arrives. A hot cup can be a life saver when coming out from freezing and wet weather like that.
 
I better drink this now before it gets too cold and get a new one when she arrives. It defeats the purpose of getting together for a drink if only one of us has a drink. And really, it’s freaking December, why is it raining? Snow is cold but I’d much rather have that than water pouring down from the sky. It’s like God’s bathtub pipes ran a leak and burst, flooding his beautiful apartment and then punishing us poor souls living on the floor below his flat. I hope he’s already called the plumber cause this water has already ruined the carpets and is going to take a long time to dry. We’re going to have to make sure no mold starts appearing in any of the corners or under the floor boards.
 
It’s good I decided to buy this umbrella today so my new hair wasn’t ruined. I wonder if she’ll notice what I’ve done with it. I tried to make it much more prettier and feminine though when I’m with her, somehow I end up acting like a little girl from junior high. One that has a huge crush on her best friend; giggling, laughing and smiling away to the stupidest of things. There’s really something to that adorable smile that she has. It’s exactly like that emoticon I use on chats, the one with a colon and number three. Her eyes disappear, mouth widens into a smile, and then she does her aegyo which is to die for. Such a small girl packed with energy and cuteness that punches you right in the middle of your face. Bam!
 
Ringa-ling-ding.
 
”Unnie! Could you make me the usual, extra large size. I’m soaked to the bone.”
 
”Sure thing. I’ll bring it to you in just a moment.”
 
”Thank you.”
 
Oh she’s here. About time. I wonder what’s her excuse for running so late. Alright, focus. Frown. Don’t smile. Show her you are disappointed.
 
”I’m so sorry I’m late but you’ll never believe what happened!”
 
Don’t smile. Stop it. Don’t smile. Oh never mind I give in. I’m a terrible actor anyways. Just smile and wave like the love struck fool you are.
 
”I was right across the river a few blocks away, you know where the two roads next to that Italian restaurant meet up? Well when I was crossing the road...”
 
She’s so cute when she’s explaining something. All excited, eyes wide, mouth moving in rapid motion. Those full lips making me fall into a trance and after a long sentence they run dry forcing you to them with your tongue and fold them into your mouth, biting your lower lip. Like that. And that. There again. I’d love to moist those lips for you. I really wouldn’t mind at all. Would you let me if I asked?
 
”...and finally after I explained the situation to the officer he let me go as I clearly had nothing to do with it. And now I’m soaked.”
 
”You poor thing.”
 
You evil girl you! Stop pouting or I’ll leap into your arms this instant.
 
”Really I don’t understand why he didn’t allow us to go into the restaurant to clear the situation. I mean, sure he had a proper raincoat on but mine wasn’t built for such ridiculous amounts of rain.”
 
”You’re drenched; it’s as if you’ve taken a dip in the river. If you don’t dry yourself after such freezing rain you might catch a cold. I think I had a towel with me let’s see. ”
 
I’m quite sure I took that yellow towel with me a couple of days ago. Where is it now? I really need to organize my bag. Filled with useless stuff. Ah there we go.
 
”Here it is. Dry yourself with this.”
 
”Thanks.”
 
”You can actually keep that if you want. I’ve got quite a few of these little towels back at my place. A little collection of mine.”
 
”Really? Seriously Fany, you have a heart of gold.”
 
Now you have something of me with you at all times. Hopefully it will remind you of me every time you dry yourself. Like after a shower when you’re...Oh God, stop imagining things! I’m blushing. Look away and... play with your hair.
 
”Oooh did you get a haircut? That really looks good on you. Makes you look very feminine and elegant. Now if you wear that grey cotton jacket you’ll knock men right off their feet!”
 
”Really? You like it? I wasn’t sure if it was going suit me at all but I wanted to try something new.”
 
Men? I’ll knock men off their feet? Damn it girl how about you?! Will this knock you off your feet? Will I make your heart ache and pound faster than ever before, forcing you to let all inhibitions go and jump right into my loving arms and finally let me taste those full lips of yours?
 
”Of course it suits you. You look absolutely stunning. Fanytastic! If I was a guy, I’d be hitting on you from miles away.”
 
”Aww, you say the sweetest things. By the way, I bought this new umbrella today. Perfect timing too actually. I stepped out of the store to come here when it started raining. What do you think?”
 
”Just when I said how feminine and stunning you look you whip out a pink hello kitty umbrella pushing down your mental age from a healthy twenty-one to nine. It’s cute I’ll give you that, but it doesn’t really go well with the rest of your look. Or...I don’t know really. I like it though.”
 
”I’ll take that as a compliment. Anyway, you like the nine year old me.”
 
I’ll be sure to get you one as well. Then, we’ll have couple umbrellas. You’ll look so cute with that umbrella over your head, a yellow rain coat and cute yellow boots with little bunny pictures on the sides. Jumping around playing in puddles and after you’ve had your fun I’d wrap you in my arms and fill you with kisses. You silly little thing. Making my imagination run wild again.
 
”So besides a new stunning haircut, a new umbrella and the degeneration of your mental age, what’s up?”
 
”Well...”
 
 
---
 
 
Aish, not again. Third time this week for this stupid machine to malfunction. Now I’ll have to clean the floor, again.
 
”Min Jung-ah, where is that number for the repair company?”
 
”Oh don’t tell me, again? It should be in the jar with the stapler. When will we get a new one? I hope it’s irreparable this time. That would force the boss to just buy a new, sleek and y machine with beautiful chrome curves and luxurious pine handles. Just thinking about it makes me all fuzzy inside. Grrr.”
 
”Stop that. You’re actually making me think of it as a y guy.”
 
But I really wouldn’t mind a new machine. Our workload would halve and we’d also save a lot of money from these constant repairs. To break down on such a sunny spring day. This is wrong. I want to go out there and bathe in the warm sunlight and eat ice-cream. I’m sure she called in sick today just to go out herself and force me to stay in here. I’ll get her some day.
 
Sunny day indeed, I wonder if she’ll take the usual or a cool drink instead.
 
Dinga-ling-ring
 
She looks especially cute today. Her hair tied into a single ponytail, bangs parted to the left, a hoodie that is clearly too big for her and a denim mini-skirt. Really mini. A sight to behold, as always.
 
”Hey unnie.”
 
”Hello Sunny-shi. What will it be? The usual?”
 
”No, I think I’ll go for some ice-coffee. It’s getting so darned warm lately. I didn’t realize how warm it was until I stepped outside with this on. I might end up taking it off.”
 
Yes please. I usually don’t look at girls that way at all, but for her and that eye-smiling girl I wouldn’t mind. I wonder what my boyfriend would think of me if he ever found out. Hah! He might just end up agreeing with me and then I’d have to slap him for looking at other women. Such a silly guy. I’m guessing the other will arrive soon.
 
”I hope you aren’t planning on staying inside with such wonderful weather?”
 
”Oh no. Once Tiffany arrives we’ll take our drinks and some of those delicious melon breads and go for a walk in the park. Don’t tell me you’re stuck here the whole day?”
 
”Nope. The boss should be coming in an hour or so to take my place. I was supposed to have a day off but another called in ’sick’ so I had to take over for a while.”
 
”Well, that’s a relief. I’ll visit the ladies room. If Tiffany comes in will you tell her we’ll leave soon. She’ll pay.”
 
”Sure thing.”
 
Those two really go together so well, though I don’t think they are together as of yet. When will they just blurt it out and get it over with? It’s getting frustrating to just watch from the side. Maybe I should...
 
Linga-ring-ding
 
There she is. That smile is really something extraordinary. Just one look at it and suddenly all the worries of the day disappear. No time to frown with her around and especially when she’s barely wearing anything. I never thought to see her sport such a...revealing look. Not that I have any problem with it. I really enjoy that sweat dripping down her neck and chest, the very low v-cut giving us a wonderful view and the skirt makes her look all the more, well, perfect. She noticed me. Wave! Not only is she beautiful, but kind.
 
”A wonderful day isn’t it?”
 
”A purrrfect spring day. Did Sunny already come in or...”
 
”Yes she did. She’s in there and told you to order your drinks. She’ll be out soon.”
 
”Alright then, I’ll have one large strawberry-blueberry-bapple milkshake please.”
 
She seems to be really happy today, more than usual. Did something good happen or is she going to make something good happen soon? I want to witness it! Boss should hurry up so I can stalk these two. In a good and totally legal way of course.
 
”You seem to be in an excellent mood today. Is it the weather or something good happen? If you don’t mind me asking.”
 
”Not at all. I just got a phone call from my cousin and there had been some issues there, but now they’ve all been solved. A huge relief.”
 
”Well that is wonderful news then. Here’s your drink and here’s Sunny-shi’s drink. She said you’d pay.”
 
”That little aegyo-filled devil bunny. Always making me pay.”
 
Well, I’m going to guess that Sunny will repay you someday in ways you can’t imagine. That girl has been waiting since day one to pounce on you. It’s going to be one hilarious moment. Or romantic. Or hot. Maybe all of the above combined. One order of that please.
 
”Fany-ah! You’re late!”
 
”Well, you’re making me pay so I have the right to be late.”
 
”Yeah, yeah. Don’t worry I’ll pay you back eventually.”
 
”Really now? I wonder when this will happen. Maybe when we reach the 22nd century.”
 
”I doubt it’ll be that soon. Anyways, should we get going?”
 
”Yes, let’s go! Bye unnie!”
 
”Later unnie. Get out of here as soon as you can, okay?”
 
”Enjoy your day Tiffany-shi, Sunny-shi.”
 
Those two really do belong together. No matter what way you look at it, when those two are together, they outshine everyone. And when they take that next step forward it’ll be even more...oh. A grab. Another one. Is it really going to happen today? Yah boss! Let me out of here I must witness this! I have to see this beautiful world changing moment from all angles. So hot that even the most conservative people would pay to see it.
 
My boyfriend would be disappointed in me.