LOSER!

LOSER!

“Yah! You really can’t be relied on when it comes to talking to that certain HR girl!” With a slap on my arm Seungwan hissed making me turn to her.

“I already told you that you should be the one to call her for your concern but no, you just had to make me do it.” I defended, looking back to my computer as I resumed working on my report.

“You’re hopeless!” She exclaimed in disbelief. “Now what will happen to our requested ID? You didn’t even rebut or fight for it. All you did was agree to everything that she said and nod like some puppy!” Exasperatedly, she continued her litany of disappointment at how I handled the call.

Knowing how she won’t shut up with how incompetent Jennie, the pretty HR personnel and the girl that I’ve been crushing on since the first time I saw her during my job offer in this company is, I simply tuned her out and continued with my work like nothing happened and she wasn’t breathing down my neck.

Seeing how I was determined to shrug her off, she started poking my side to get my attention instead. I wasn’t bothered and simply focused.

Well, that was until I heard a voice that I would probably never forget after this moment.

“Excuse me. I’m looking for Ms. Son?” She asked with her soft voice.

Looking at the direction of the voice’s owner, I would lie if I said I wasn’t stunned.

‘She’s unbelievably gorgeous.’

That was all I could think of when I saw her for the first time. It was like an angel suddenly appeared in front of me and I’m so unworthy to witness her magnificence that my brain was fried the moment I looked at her.

As if losing the ability to speak, I could only point at where Seungwan was seated without breaking my stare at her.

“Thank you.” She bowed gracefully and went to my still fuming friend.

“Ms. Son?” I heard the gorgeous lady confirm to my friend.

“Yes?” Somehow, miraculously being stopped from her tirade of hate.

“I was asked to give this to you by Ms. Im.” Handing over a brown envelope she informed Seungwan.

Being the meticulous person that she is, Seungwan carefully inspected the item. After confirming that it was indeed for her she turned to the messenger and smiled.

“Okay I’ll take this. Do I need to sign anything as your receiving copy?” She asked.

Meekly, the gorgeous girl shook her head. “No need Ms. Son.”

  1. okay then. I’ll just inform Ms. Im that I received it just to make sure. Thank you.” She offered with a smile.

“Thank you Ms. Son. I’ll be going now.” The gorgeous lady said, and left not without giving Seungwan and I a blindingly bright smile.

My God. Her eye-smile will be the death of me.

“Unnie!”

“Unnie!”

“Yah! Joohyun Unnie!”

Seungwan snapped her fingers in front of me finally breaking my line of sight.

“Y-yes?” Out of it, I turned to her and asked.

“I’ve been calling you repeatedly but you were just staring off into space! What’s wrong with you?” She snapped at me.

“I’m sorry. I was just thinking of something.” I apologized for my inattentiveness.

“Something? Or Someone?” With a playful smile, she started.

Startled at her insinuation, I spun around to look at her. “What do you mean someone?”

“Oh please Unnie! You were practically drooling at that girl who brought Ms. Im’s document.” She pointed out smugly.

“I am not!” Scandalized I gasped.

She only laughed at my reaction, not believing my words. “Okay. Let’s just say you weren’t drooling, but admit it. She was gorgeous. Just like your type.” Wiggling her eyebrows she continued.

Closing my eyes in defeat, I admitted. “Yes. She’s really gorgeous.”

“See! I knew it! The way your eyes can’t leave her even when she was already gone was a telltale!” Triumphantly she exclaimed like some kid who won a trophy.

“Ohmyaghad Seungwan! She’s so pretty that I couldn’t even speak when she asked me where you were. I feel like such a loser.” In complete shame and embarrassment, I dropped my head on my table.

And as if on cue, our friendly neighbor yelled.

“LOSER!”

I can hear Seungwan laughing harder than before after hearing Yerim.

“Thanks for the support Yerm! You’re really an angel!” I yelled back at her.

“For the first time ever since she started calling you LOSER, I actually believe her.” Seungwan stated still laughing her off of my misery.

“Whatever Seungwan. As if you’re a confident gay. We both know how you freeze up whenever Sooyoung talks to you.” I retorted to my fellow panicked gay.

It was my turn to laugh when I saw her blush and glare at me knowing how right I was. Whenever she has to go to the 19th floor where the audit department, which Sooyoung is part of, she get back flushed and in cold sweats because of her nervousness.

“Whatever! I hate you Unnie.” She scoffed and turned her back at me to resume her work.

Revenge is so so sweet. I could only laugh at how pathetic we both are and just went back to working on my reports.

After that day, I found myself always looking forward to seeing the messenger who, according to my dear friend Sooyoung, is only an intern at the same department where my crush Jennie.

“Did you see Jennie today?” I spazzed. “She looked so pretty. It’s not like she wasn’t before but she was especially prettier today.”

I could hear Jessica Unnie scoff at what I said.

“What’s up with that girl? I don’t even find her pretty. What do you see in her?” She started exhibiting her usual dislike with Jennie. I’m not sure what’s wrong with her but she has been consistently discouraging my admiration for the girl.

“Are you blind or something? Can’t you see how amazingly pretty she is? She even won the Ms. Valentine’s title for this year! That only means she’s the prettiest in the company!” I bragged as if I was her manager.

She only shook her head and sighed knowing how I would not give up and accept defeat when it comes to my dear Jennie. “Say whatever you want to say but I really don’t find her pretty.”

Before I could even start defending my baby Jennie again, Seungwan butted in and announced my newfound crush.

“Don’t worry Sica Unnie, she is starting to like someone else now.” She informed our sunbae in pure delight and positivity.

“Who is it this time?” As if tired of hearing the endless cycle of my crushes in the office, she asked.

“Do you know that pretty girl that the HR department to send document?” She started explaining.

“Which one? There are a lot of girls doing that.” Sica Unnie said.

“The slim one with monolids.” She described and as if a bulb lit up above her head, Sica Unnie added, “Ah! That one with really great fashion sense?”

Seungwan energetically nodded in confirmation. “Exactly! That one!”

“Joohyun-ah! I like that one better! Just go with her and stop with that Jennie girl.” Surprisingly she said in support.

“Wow that’s a first!” Amusedly, I said. It is after all a first time for Sica Unnie to actually approve of someone that I like. She’s kinda protective of me, plus she really has extremely high standards. No wonder since she’s our boss’ girlfriend.

“What? She’s pretty and her clothes are always on point.” She shrugged.

“I don’t even know her name.” I confessed dejectedly.

Out of nowhere, Yerim yelled in exceptional timing. “LOSER!”

Hearing her, everyone laughed as if my despair is their entertainment.

“Seulgi.” Yerim started. “Her name is Kang Seulgi.”

A wide smile is slowly forming on my face as I learned another crucial information. Even though Yerim could be a really big pain in the , there is a reason why I love and dote on her a lot.

“You are AMAZING!” I exclaimed as I showered her with kisses and hugged her tightly in extreme delight.

“You don’t have to tell me. I know I’m amazing! But can you please, get off of me or I’m not going to help you anymore!” Trying to push me away she answered.

Finally getting out of my hold on her and wiping her face from all the kisses I gave her, she continued. “She usually goes to send documents to Mr. Kwon so I got to talk to her a bit and asked her some things in your behalf.”

A bit upset, I couldn’t help but whine. “Ugh! Why does Ms. Kim not have as much transactions with the HR department like Mr. Kwon! I could have numerous interactions with her already if that was the case!”

“Yah! Don’t blame TaeTae for your hopeless love life!” Sica Unnie defended her girlfriend. “By the way, if she’s still an intern, then that means she’s still studying and young.” She stated.

“I don’t mind paying for her tuition and giving her allowances.” Dreamily I said.

“CREEP!”

I heard everyone simultaneously shout at me with someone even throwing crumpled paper and paper clips at me.

“YAH! I’m not a creep okay!” I yelled in defense.

“Yeah! As if staring at her whenever she passes by or during lunch time when you see her isn’t creepy enough, remember that I always have to pull you away to stop you from following her around when you see her outside of the office!” Seungwan exposed me.

Scandalized, Sica Unnie scolded me. “Joohyun-ah! You could go get sued for that! I did not raise you this way!”

With my jaw falling slack at the betrayal that Seungwan did, I could only look at Sica Unnie in shame. “Your Tae Appa would get so disappointed at you.”

“Sica Unnie! That’s really not how it is. Seungwan is only exaggerating!” I explained trying to dissuade Sica Unnie from telling my boss and Appa figure, Taeyeon Unnie, about this. If she hears about this, I’m sure to get an earful of scolding from her.

“Oh boy are you in trouble!” I heard Seungwan say with an evil laugh.

“Just wait until I tell on you to Sooyoung!” I threatened with a murderous glare.

“LOSERS!” Yerim called the two of us and just like that everyone fell into a bout of laughter until we had to go back to work.

Thanking my lucky stars, there have been more instances that Seulgi, as I came to know her name, was seen around our area. One time, I even got the shock of my life when I found out that she knows my name. It was during one of those rare times that she needs to send a document to Ms. Kim. Normally, it would be given to either Seungwan or me, since we are both her assistants.

“Ms. Bae.” She called in her usual cheerful manner.

Hearing her voice, I looked away from my computer monitor and set my work aside to accommodate her.

“Oh. Seulgi-ssi. What is it that I can help you with?” I smiled at her which she returned with her dazzling eye-smile.

“I’m just going to pass this document over for Ms. Kim.” She explained.

“Sure. I’ll take it since Seungwan’s not around at the moment. I’ll give it to Ms. Kim for you.” I assured her as I received the document happily. “Is there anything else?”

Shaking her head lightly, still with that bright smile on her face she answered. “That’s all for today Ms. Bae. Thank you.”

And with that, she went her way leaving me with a soaring heart and a smile plastered on my face the whole day.

“Looks like someone saw her crush.” Seungwan teased after returning from God knows where.

“Yes I saw my crush and she knows my name so I’m happy so don’t even try to rain on my parade just coz you’re miserable.” I admitted bashfully only to get a crumpled paper thrown at me.

“Flirt! You’re such a flirt Joohyun Unnie!” She said in disgust at how giddy and happy I was with my small interaction with Seulgi.

It was one of those days at work when I’m super sleepy and no amount of coffee could wake me up. Well this is what happens when instead of resting during the weekend, I was out and about with endless scheduled activities.

“Oh my God Seungwan! My eyes are closing on its own! I’m super sleepy please do something about this!” I whined like a kid to my friend who is also suffering the same fate.

“Joohyun Unnie please. I’m also about to fall off of my chair because I’m sleepy as hell!” Seungwan admitted groggily.

The two of us are suffering together and I’m opting out of interacting with others and directing everyone who needs anything with Ms. Kim to Seungwan instead. Seungwan agreed to this knowing how grumpy and different I could be when lacking sleep.

Unfortunately, with all the days that I was in tip top condition, it was today that the universe chose to play with me.

“Excuse me.” A small voice said.

Not being completely aware of my surroundings, I didn’t recognize the voice who called for my attention and was a bit annoyed at the interruption with the work that I was trying so hard to finish before the day ends.

Without looking at the person, I asked irritatedly. “What is it?”

“I’m looking for Ms. Son.” Shyly, she mentioned making me turn my head to her direction.

Finally seeing who it was, I was got the shock of my life that I almost fell from my chair.

“S-seungwan-ah!” Falling in a state of panic, I could only call for my friend for help. As if all luck left me, Seungwan was too sleepy to hear me.

“Seungwan!” I called louder this time.

“Yes? Yes Unnie?” Standing in full alert hearing the urgency from my call, she asked.

“Someone’s looking for you.” I told her as I looked at Seulgi and pointed at Seungwan. “She’s Ms. Son.”

“Oh, okay. Thank you Ms. Bae.” And she made her way to Seungwan.

With all that happened, I couldn’t go back to my work as I only observed Seulgi and Seungwan. It turns out that she only needs to pass some documents to Ms. Kim which being one of her assistants, I could also receive for her. And that is why Seungwan was discreetly giving me the look as if asking why I didn’t do it since I’m always the one receiving all these documents if it was Seulgi who was personally handing it.

As she was about to leave, Yerim suddeny called for her to send something to Ms. Im.

“Hey HR girl!” She called which Seulgi immediately heeded and followed.

That was also my cue to approach Seungwan to ask about what happened and also to have a closer look at Seulgi and Yeri.

“Dumb dumb! Why didn’t you receive it?” She asked in disbelief.

“I don’t know! I didn’t know it was her! I was too sleepy!” Annoyed, I explained.

“That was your chance and you missed it! You’re hopeless!” She continued nagging me.

All this time, I was watching Yeri and Seulgi as I wait for what’s going to happen next and see if I can still have a chance to redeem myself from being too rude.

It didn’t last long though and Seulgi was already sent back leaving me feeling completely glum and regretful which was noticed by Fany Unnie, Yerim’s partner.

“What’s with her?” She asked everyone.

“She has a huge crush on Seulgi!” Yerim announced so loud that I was scared that Seulgi might hear it since it wasn’t even a minute when she left.

“Shut it YERIM!” I shouted. “What if she hears you!? She might still be there and your voice is so loud!”

She only laughed and said it louder. “Why? Are you scared that SEULGI will know that you like her JOOHYUN UNNIE?”

“Yah! Yerim!” I shouted as I ran after the devil.

Sleepily and also miserably, I left the office that day. Regret was all I could feel as the events of that day kept on replaying in my mind enough to keep me from being productive at work. But I guess life has its way of surprising you.

Weeks after what happened, as I was leaving the office building, right there by the glass door was no other than Kang Seulgi.

“Ms. Bae.” She greeted me with her signature eye-smile.

Completely caught off-guard, being the jumpy bunny that I was, I screamed in surprise. “Oh my God Seulgi-ssi! You scared me.”

She only laughed at me reaction. “Sorry. I wasn’t planning on scaring you like that. I thought you saw me through the glass.”

“Oh, well I’m kinda really sleepy. Have been all day actually.” I admitted shyly. “Also, that’s why I was slightly grumpy, so I’m sorry if I came out rude to you earlier.” Bowing my head in shame, I apologized.

“That’s nothing Ms. Bae. You don’t have to say sorry.” She assured me.

“If you say so. Plus you should stop calling me Ms. Bae. Joohyun Unnie would do since we are out of the office now.” I told her.

“Then you could start calling me Seulgi as well, Joohyun Unnie.” She asked me while flashing a wide and bright smile that could definitely leave the sun jobless.

“So…” I started, trying to think of ways to prolong this conversation knowing how it’s rare for such an occurrence to happen. “Are you going home already?”

She nodded cutely while looking at me with her smile. “Actually, I should’ve been on my way home since 10 minutes ago.”

“Is that so? Then what are you still doing here? You should go home now.” Worriedly, I told her.

“Well, I was really waiting for you.” She admitted shyly as she lightly grinded her shoe on the ground.

Surprised is an understatement when I heard what she said. I mean, what could she possibly be needing from me at this hour. “Me?”

“Yes. I kind of heard Yerim-ssi that one afternoon. And since this is my last day as an intern at your company, I couldn’t let this day pass without telling you this.” She confessed. “I like you too Joohyun Unnie.”

I’m not sure if she could hear it too but my heart is beating really fast that I think it’s about to explode out of my chest. Out of all the things I thought would happen, this wasn’t part of it. I would be lying if I said that I didn’t dream of this happening, but I didn’t think it was actually possible. This girl, standing right in front of me, who I’ve been admiring since the first time I saw her is actually confessing that she likes me too.

Trying to get a good look at my reaction, I noticed how she was looking at my face worriedly. “Joohyun Unnie?”

I didn’t even notice that I was spacing out after what she said. I’m too stunned at her confession that I couldn’t react fast enough to even give her a proper response. But thinking how this might be my last and only chance, I shook my head to focus at this beautiful creature in front of me. Without being able to control myself, I could feel myself smiling widely that I feel like I’m almost tearing up at the extreme happiness that I’m feeling.

“Thank you.” I began and quickly continued seeing the crestfallen expression that was making its way on her face. “Thank you for making the move because I’m too much of a coward to do so myself. Just like what Yerim always tell me, I’m a loser.”

I could see her heave a sigh of relief after what I said which gave me more courage to go through with all of these.

“Adding to that, I want to let you know that I honestly don’t have much experience with all of these and I can’t guarantee that I would be the perfect lover but I would also hate myself if I let this chance pass without letting you know about how I feel.” Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath to finally say the words, I braved through it and said. “So, with all of that being said. Would you still be willing to give this loser a chance?”

Gaining the courage to hold her hand, I squeezed it lovingly and asked. “Seulgi… Would you be my girlfriend?”

Making me one of the happiest and luckiest girl in this world, I saw her nodding her head with her dazzling smile directed at me. “Of course Joohyun Unnie! I’d be more than happy to have you as my girlfriend.”

Not being able to control myself any longer, I pulled her towards me and gave her the tightest hug that I could give without hurting her. “Thank you for this chance. I know I’m new to this but I promise you that I’ll do my best to woo you, make you happy and special, and to completely make you fall for me.”

“I’ll take your word on that. Please take care of me sunbaenim.” She whispered.

“I promise.”

 

 

a/n: Hi guys. It’s been a while since I posted anything due to work burying me alive >_< but I recently had the inspiration to work on this and also I missed SEULRENE so here it is. Hope you guys enjoy this ^_^