Melancholic Euphoria

Before It Starts

Haseul's POV

It was a rainy afternoon in Japan and I was walking in some busy street when I suddenly bumped into her. I had to stop and look for a while because I know I would be missing a lot if I let go of the chance of meeting her, the most ethereal being I've ever seen. We only had eye contact for about 5 seconds when she turned around and walked away. It was only 5 seconds but I could stare at those beautiful hazel eyes forever.

I followed her even if she was going in the completely different direction and I asked her out for coffee, thankfully she agreed. Jungeun, a beautiful name fitting for a beautiful person. During my whole vacation there all I could think about was her and I hoped we could see each other again. I wanted to call her but I decided not to, I'd let destiny do its job. So I went back home and she was still the person in my mind but then one day, months after our first meeting, I saw her in a restaurant. I told you right? Destiny will do its job. I talked to her, we went out once again and we became friends.

After that we had more friendly dates in restaurants, arcades, movies, museums and many more places. It was probably our 1st year of knowing each other when I asked her to be my girlfriend, I prayed and prayed that she would say yes, she did and that made me the luckiest and happiest person in the world. Our relationship wasn't always at its best, of course it became rocky at some point but we stayed strong and when we celebrated our 5th year anniversary, on the beach with the sunset in the background I told her I loved her with all my life and I asked her to marry me, she cried and she said yes again and I couldn't be more happier.

This is it, my wedding day, the most important day with my Jungeun. I'm marrying the person who made me the person I am today, the person who made me whole. Now I'm talking to myself in the car driving to the church "I can do this, I am marrying the woman I love. This is it, I'm getting marri--- Then everything went black.

I see her in her wedding dress, crying near a car. Why is she crying? Why does she look so devastated? It's our wedding day righ--- Then I saw it, my lifeless body on the road, some car crashed to mine and I was the only one who didn't make it.

After that she became miserable, she barely ate, she barely talked and she doesn't even go out of bed anymore. I was with her the whole time, she can't see me but i was always there. Then one day she stood up, she ate and she talked to her family, she looked better, then she went to the bathroom. After a while no one came out, I went in and her sister also came in the bathroom, there I saw her in the tub with a blade on one hand and a bloody wrist and It wasn't too late to save her, they just came in the right time. But she saw me, she smiled and said "Wait for me, I'll come soon my love." I didn't want to be with her in that way because I could have waited for her. It hurt me to see her like that and then everything became blurry...

I was in the busy street again, I was looking in the beautiful hazel eyes of the most ethereal being I've ever seen but i had tears in my eyes because I didn't want to let her go but I had to. It was all a premonition, I had seen my future with this person but i couldn't bear it if that would ever happen so I walked away. I walked away when I met the love of my life because if I walked away, that wouldn't happen to her, if I walked away, I wouldn't die and make her miserable and if I walked away, I couldn't hurt her.

I always thought that words of opposite meanings should never be in the same sentence most especially when it involves the feeling of happiness and sadness and it hurts because together they made sense. We could've made sense too, the thought of our love together were euphoric, the feeling I had with her was overwhelming but it makes me feel melancholic knowing she can't be mine. I pains me that I had to stop our story before we even have the chance to revel in it. I'm sorry but I had to finish our love before it even starts. I love her that much.