Final ❤

"Undo"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung put the keys on top of the kitchen counter and turned to walk towards the fridge with Bambam following behind him.

As he reached to open the fridge and get himself a glass of cold water, that's when he heard Bambam gasping. It actually surprises him how the Thai managed to held on his breath all throughout the car ride from the company up to here.

"I heard him right, didn't I?" his bestfriend/roommate/workmate finally said. His eyes were huge and it looks like he's having a hard time digesting something. "Mr. Jung did say we're gonna meet him? Mark Tuan? The Mark Tuan back in highschool? The Mark Tuan whom you-"

"Yes, apparently yes, Bambam." Jinyoung said, cutting him out.

Bambam still has his mouth slightly open. Okay, not slightly but totally hanged open. "Oh. My. God."

To this, Jinyoung just rolled his eyes. Bambam is overreacting (really overreacting). He just focused back on drinking water to cool himself down.

 

Right. Back at the company, where they were both working at (him working as an exterior painter/designer), their superior Mr. Jung Kim had said that tomorrow, they'll be meeting with Tuan Developers Inc.'s CEO, Mark Tuan.

Work is work, alright. But Jinyoung has managed to work peacefully in Jung Designs for two long years and only now is he about to be subjected in this kind of situation.

 

"But anyway..." Bamban says, now standing beside him, getting himself a drink as well. He looked at the younger from his shoulder, arching his brow. "Maybe it's about time for the both of you to meet again, yes?"

And that is a thought which kept him up all night.


 

 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶


 

"Everyone, please take your seat." Mr. Jung said after Jinyoung and the rest of the staff greeted him. He then gestured for someone who is standing behind him and right then, Jinyoung's heart seemed to slow down its beating, but started to triple its pace again.

This is crazy. He thought to himself.

"The reason for calling this meeting is for us to welcome a new client of ours. The CEO of Tuan Developers Inc., Mr. Mark Tuan."

The sound of applause rang around the board room while Jinyoung's eyes went fixed on the man in front of him. He's wearing a navy two piece suit, his hair shaded raven black. He looks good (scratch it), he looks far better than good. And as Jinyoung stared at him, greeting the staff members, he could only ask... is he the same eighteen year old guy he left in highschool?

His thoughts were disrupted when his eyes suddenly landed on him. Jinyoung didn't realize that he was holding his breath, until Mark gave him a polite smile and curt nod before turning away and proceeding with the discussion of the project.

 

"I'm looking forward to working with all of you."

His gaze is still fixed on Mark who is bowing and shaking hands with the staff members. It was already announced that the whole team (and that includes Jinyoung) will be working with him in developing this site into a children's park. The developing part is a good idea... now about the 'working together' part, well Jinyoung is not sure.

Almost all of the employees has already vacated the board room after shaking hands with the young CEO so, Jinyoung just exhaled and decided to stand up and get over with this already. You're already going to work with him... how much worse can a hand shake be?

So there he went, walking his way to... him. Jinyoung thought he has prepared himself, but as soon as their eyes met and a smile formed on his thin pink lips, that's all it took for that familiar scene to flash in his mind...
 

Him... smiling his nervous but usually warm and without a doubt genuine smile.

As he walked towards the bench where he is seated, with his "friends" who are now standing up to leave, their teasing smirks plastered on their faces.

"We'll go ahead Jinyoung, and leave you with your Prince Charming." The way they put emphasis on that tagname they gave him, and how they laughed like some silly highschool girls makes him wince.

They already walked off but Jinyoung could still hear their annoying laugh.

"Hi, Jinyoung." Mark, with his thick rimmed glasses, hair carefully parted, and wearing a vest on top of his buttoned up sleeve shirt is now standing in front of him.

"U-uh.. Hi, Mark." he just greeted back with a small and awkward smile. Jinyoung looked back only to see his friends throwing funny yet disgusted faces at him. Jinyoung turned away and looked at the shy boy in front of him blushing red.

"I have this for you." Mark gave him a flower, same as what he always gives him- chocolate cosmos.

"Okay. Thanks." he hesitated but still accepted it. Jinyoung sees him still smiling and it's making it more awkward for him. "Uhm, is there anything else you need?"

Mark looked like he was startled by his question. "U-uhm, no-"

"Well, okay. So?" Jinyoung stared waiting for the latter to get what he's trying to say, and that is, that he should leave.

Mark scratched the back of his head. "Oh r-right. Right. I'll go ahead now." he just nodded and waited for him to do so.

When he did, only did Jinyoung let out a deep breath before staring at the flower he's holding. Heaving another sigh, he gathered his things and left the flower on top of the bench.
 

"Jinyoung..." Mark's voice brought him back to present time. He sees him lending his hand out. Not wanting to look any more stupid, Jinyoung took it. Mark smiled as they both shake hands. "Never thought I'd see you again."

Jinyoung fought hard for his voice not to shake. "Yeah. Me too."

And as he looked at their hands, Jinyoung realized that, no... he isn't the same guy.
 

 

 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶


 

Jinyoung was tasked to paint the surrounding walls of the children's park. It is not much of a task since painting is his forte.

He has prepared himself on everyday encounter with Mark but it turns out, it is not much needed. Mark doesn't seem to out much interest or attention on him during work hours. Mark's always busy looking around, talking to some of the investors and checking the blueprints for the park. He's busy, too busy to even look at you. That was supposed to pacify his worries, right? It'll save him from another torment of thoughts and emotions but.... why doesn't he seem happy with it?

At the back of your head, you're hoping for something else to happen aren't you? Stupid.

 

But maybe, tonight is the time.

It's the first time Jinyoung has worked late. It's already past 6 pm and he's just starting to wrap his things up.

"Working overtime?" he heard someone from behind hin and he's sure it's Mark.

Jinyoung above anyone else won't ever forget how Mark's voice sounds like. Turning around, he sees the older wearing a white shirt, with his coat hanging on one side of his shoulder. "I don't think I'm paying you enough to work until late hours."

Jinyoung immediately waved his brush sticks in front of him while shaking his head. "Uh, no. I'm actually wrapping up. I'll be heading home soon."

"Oh you are?" Mark asked and he nodded. Mark hummed before crouching down and now Jinyoung is seeing him cleaning up his things.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I'm helping up. So we can both go home soon."

Jinyoung felt stupid just standing there while Mark was busy fixing up his things. In less than a minute, Mark was already done. "Here." he said, handing him his bag. "So we can go now?"

"U-uh. Y-yeah." he sure does stutter a lot around Mark.

"Good." The older said smiling his usual smile which Jinyoung missed seeing and for a moment, it feels like he's taken back to highsc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter