iPad Mini

iPad Mini
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So what's the plan, Mel?" Jasmine asked as the quartet huddled while discussing on how to get back Melanie's iPad Mini from Minho and his friends who were in a way holding a little thing where girls could line up and try to claim the iPad as theirs.

"Well, I was gonna go up to him and straight up asked for it back because obviously it's mine." Melanie answered. "But then everyone would know it was me he had a dance battle with as the Blue Fairy and I hate having the spotlight on me."

"I mean," Serena interjected with a nonchalant manner, "The DJ was seriously playing a sorry playlist and your iPad was the one that was quickly available and I knew the pass-code to, to play a bomb playlist instead. So, yeah, my bad about that."

"You did pull out some moves on him though." Katherine added with a laugh. "No other girl was down to dance like that with him."

"No guys either besides his friends." Jasmine stated with a chuckle. "Mel definitely danced circles around him. Honestly speaking, if all four of us showcased our skills instead of Mel, who knows what would of happened last night."

"I know right." Serena commented. "The four of us would have never been left alone again after that."

"Well, obviously since Melanie wasn't the only one who danced with someone that night." Katherine inputted with a chuckle. "I remember you, Serena, was dancing with Minho's friend, Chris. You guys were pretty cute I must say."

"We weren't dancing with each other and no we're definitely not cute, Kat. He bumped into me and we did the whole weird dance of trying to get out of each other's way and kept going back and forth." Serena explained with a roll of her eyes. "It was kind of dumb and took a little longer than it should have even when I just stood there for him to move around me."

"Yeah, right, Rina. I'm pretty sure there's another story behind it." Katherine cooed while nudging Serena playfully.

"Whatever." Serena dismissed before directing the attention elsewhere. "Well if I recall, I wasn't the only one having a moment. Jasmine was totally dancing with Jisung, too, and I think they may have sneaked off somewhere before we dipped earlier than expected. I'm surprised that he's your type, Jas."

"We just danced and maybe kissed." Jasmine answered with a small smile. "A few times. I didn't think he would be my type either."

"That's cute." Katherine cooed. "I didn't do anything."

"Yeah, right." Jasmine disagreed. "I saw you and Changbin getting down and being all touchy, touchy with one another in the dark corner."

"We both were feeling the music. The vibe was good." Katherine reasoned. "Plus, it was less crowded in the corner and it wasn't even that dark."

"Y'all's moments are cute and all with the guys you like kinda like me, but like can we get back to my current situation at the moment please?" Melanie cut in to return them back on topic, "Anyways, how are we supposed to get my iPad back?"

"Wait. You like Minho?" Serena redirected the conversation elsewhere. "Since when?"

"I said kinda like. He's cute." Melanie clarified.

Jasmine let out a low whistle before speaking. "Ohh, this makes it even more juicy. I wonder how it'll turn out."

"Well, we won't know unless I get my iPad Mini back, right?" Melanie retorted with a sigh. "I was supposed to catch up on my dramas last night after the dance."

"Okay, then. How about we steal it back?" Katherine suggested.

"How though?" Serena wondered. "There's like nine of them and they won't easily let it just sit there unattended."

"Rina's right. Minho's adamant about finding out who it belongs to." Jasmine stated. "We really need a good plan."

"I just can't believe I dropped it when I ran away from him though." Melanie scolded herself. "Even though Rina got it away from the DJ. I hope it's fine."

"Yeah and that wasn't easy since the guy was mad we interrupted his session earlier, too." Serena reminded them. "Your iPad is fine. It's got a good case."

"It's fine, Mel. I agree with Serena about the case." Katherine reassured her. "We'll figure out how to get it back for you."

"How about all four us distracts them?" Jasmine suggested before explaining further. "Like, Melanie is gonna give him an answer, but while they're all distracted the three of us try to swipe it out of his hands and just scattered."

"That could work because then they wouldn't know which one of us took it." Serena reasoned with a smile. "I like it, Jas. Good thinking."

"But will it work though?" Katherine inquired.

Melanie shrugged before letting out a sigh.

"I guess we'll just have to try and see how it goes."

The quartet looked at one another as they silently agreed before nodding in confirmation. Melanie gave out the orders before they all went to their respective places until it was time to get Melanie's iPad Mini back. They just hoped that it wouldn't take too long or someone else wounds up with it instead.

It was finally Melanie's turn after waiting almost like ten minutes since there were a lot of girls and even guys trying to get something that wasn't even theirs. The twins, Jasmine and Katherine, were off to the side waiting for their signal to start the distraction. Serena would later come, grab, and run off with it once her sister, Melanie, gave her the go-ahead to do so. When Melanie calmly stood before the males who were sitting behind a clothed table like they were holding auditions for something, Minho was actually in front leaning against it.

Minho cast Melanie a surprised look, but remained calmed before asking her the first question. "What's the color of the case?"

"It's blue." Melanie answered while describing the case further. "On the outside and kinda hard, but it's dark grey on the inside and of the same material. It's designed by iHome and the case is like a book cover with a rubber band that keeps it in place and the iPad Mini itself is also white."

"Okay, impressive." Minho was impressed by her answer before casting her a smug look. "What's the picture of the lock screen?"

The only reason Minho was asking this question was that every person who answered always got it wrong and was unable to actually explain it in detail. It was the same for the question about the color of the case. No one could describe it in detail until Melanie came along. So, Minho was curious if this device actually belonged to her. It was the same for the other eight males who grew interested upon Melanie describing the case in depth.

Melanie tsked before answering. "It's a generic lock screen wallpaper, but it's mainly blue with shades or hues of orange and white as well. Kinda like you're looking in to a wave's vortex or something like that."

"Wow." Minho let out in awe with a nod of his head. "That's pretty accurate."

"Obviously." Melanie muttered, but refrained from letting him know that.

"Then," Minho reached from behind him and brought forth Melanie's iPad while speaking, "You should be able to put in the pass-code, right?"

The nine males anticipated what would happened upon Melanie entering the pass-code. It was because they wanted to know if Melanie knew it or not as she was the first and only one to actually be presented with the item itself since they started. Everyone else failed to describe the actual lock screen and so were unable to see the actual iPad Mini previously. All the others behind Melanie hoped that she didn't get it correct because they wanted a moment to be focused on by the nine hottest boys on the campus of Seoul University.

"Yeah, of course. It's mine." Melanie stated in a firm voice although she was dying inside about all of this.

Melanie then cast her gaze over to Katherine and Jasmine who were waiting for her signal which was the look that Melanie was giving them. Because the duo had stood near the table which no one really gave them much notice, they set the rest of the plan into motion and started arguing on the spot. They also started to push each other making them clash with the table from time to time to make an even bigger commotion.

It drew everyone's attention towards them and when that happened Melanie quickly looked for Serena who was standing off to the side on the opposite end of where the other two were. Compare to the others, Serena actually wore a hoodie that could disguise her appearance more since the other three wore jackets instead. So when Serena caught Melanie's look, she rushed over towards Minho, plucked the iPad out of his hands with ease and took off. Serena didn't dare to glance back and prayed for herself to outrun whoever was about to chase after her.

"Hey!" Minho called after her as he took off to catch her.

His friends noticed this and did the same thing leaving everyone to look after them. Jasmine and Katherine stopped what they were doing knowing that the plan had worked and ran up to Melanie. The trio looked at one another worried and also ran after Serena in hopes of catching up to her first.

" my life." Serena muttered to herself after placing Melanie's item into the pocket of her hoodie while still running away from Minho and his friends. "Why did I have to wear a freaking hoodie and not a jacket today?"

She held one end of her hood of her hoodie while placing a protective arm over her stomach to keep the iPad mini from tumbling out as she ran across the school's campus towards her dormitory. Serena hoped that she'll make it before being caught because the adrenaline was soon running low. She hoped too soon when she felt arms wrapped themselves around her waist and was tackled to the concrete. Her and the person crashed to the ground and she tried to fight the person off of her, but she felt herself being slightly lifted up and then slightly slammed back onto the concrete again.

Serena got the wind knocked out of her as she groaned in pain after being tackled and then slammed to the floor. She swung her arms out in hopes it'll make co

Please log in to read the full chapter