Pt. 1

I Told You So
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I told you so.’ That’s what Changkyun should be saying right now. Because he had. He’d told Jooheon that morning that while the sky out the window might look blue the weather forecast didn’t look great and had suggested changing their plans. 

Jooheon hadn’t wanted to listen. ‘When is the weather forecast ever right?’ he’d asked, only to ignore Changkyun’s answer of ‘most of the time.’ Changkyun hadn’t been too surprised by this response. When they’d first realised there was a break in their schedules coming up Jooheon had been so excited. They’d officially been a couple now for about three months but with how busy they’d been they hadn’t had the chance to go on a real date. They’d had dinner together but it had always been takeout or room service depending on if they were at home or in a hotel between concerts and fan signs. They’d watched movies together but again this had always been at the dorm or hotel. So as soon as they heard they’d be getting some free time Jooheon had started making plans. By the time that free time had finally rolled around he had an activity planned for each and every day of their break. And the first thing they were going to do was have a picnic. They were going to make their own food, pack a blanket and a frisbee and they were going to head to the park. They were going to spend the day outside in the sunshine, eating good food, playing games and when they got tired of that they could do ‘that thing… you know… where you lie shoulder to shoulder on the grass and point out shapes in the clouds…’. At first Changkyun hadn’t been sure why that last suggestion had been the one Jooheon had been most eager to relay. Then he’d remembered the drama they’d been watching a few days before where the lead characters had done the same thing. ‘Cute’ he’d mumbled at the time, making himself more comfortable against Jooheon’s chest and he’d felt more than heard Jooheon hum his agreement. Jooheon had obviously thought it had been cute too and had decided it was something ‘real couples’ did. ‘Real couples’, according to Jooheon at least, also went on amusement park dates, zoo dates and aquarium dates and these had been planned for days two, three and four of their break respectively. Changkyun didn’t think there was such a thing as a ‘real couple’ and would be happy doing just about anything as long as it was with his boyfriend, something he’d tried to tell Jooheon that morning after imparting his knowledge of the weather forecast but Jooheon had stubbornly insisted that they’d put far too much effort into preparing their picnic the night before and he wasn’t about to let it be wasted because someone somewhere had flipped a coin and decided it was going to rain. Changkyun had thought about educating Jooheon on how meteorology actually worked had decided it would be a waste of time. A stubborn Jooheon could rarely be moved. He’d go along with it he decided, and later, when it did inevitably start raining he could tell him ‘I told you so.’

And sure enough, the closer they got to the park the darker the sky became. By the time they’d made it there it was overcast rather than sunny and by the time they’d set everything out and started on the food raindrops had been starting to fall. “It’ll stop.” Jooheon had said as he’d caught Changkyun glancing skyward. But it hadn’t stopped. What had started as a few raindrops soon became a downpour and they’d had to gather up their things and make a run for the nearest tree and shelter. 

And that’s where they were standing now, underneath a tree, watching the rain, Jooheon looking thoroughly miserable.

So yes, as much as Changkyun wanted to tell him ‘I told you so’ he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Jooheon already looked so down. Reminding him that he’d warned him this would happen wasn’t going to help that. 

But maybe, if he tried to put a positive spin on things that would save the situation, if not totally then at least a little.

“Hey, at least we’ve got the park to ourselves now.” He said, forcing a cheery smile.

Jooheon’s only response was a ‘hmm’, his frown deepening.

“Really, it could be worse.” Changkyun continued, undeterred. “At least there’s no thunder and lightning.”

“I guess.” Jooheon mumbled, still not looking any happier.

And with a sigh Changkyun took Jooheon’s hand in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter