003

Min-Night Trip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


In the middle of the city streets within Seoul, car engines have made their presence-- emitting its rumble throughout the main intersections as Yujin is currently driving head to head between her Lexus and three Lamborghinis: an Aventador LP700-4 and S Roadster on both of the side lanes, along with an SVJ at the rear end. Surprisingly, the young driver managed to keep up with the supercars so far, making the speed momentum and rhythm even.

 


Ever since Yujin took off from the starting line, her mind was thinking about the possible routes for her to get out of the city area. She didn’t want any casualties to be in the way of the race as the challenge was issued on the spot with high stakes involved.


 

Thoughts about the remote possibility of Minjoo being kidnapped by the Lamboheads infuriates the Red Devil as her hands gripped tightly onto the steering wheel; leaving her teeth clenched and an inner growl as a result while zooming pass oncoming red traffic lights.


 

She couldn’t stand s making low-ball threats, just to make her lose her cool.


 

Fortunately, night street battles between a sports car and three supercars in Seoul was a rare sight for pedestrians to come across. Often during the daytime, the city’s main intersections are occupied by regular drivers and traffic patrols; making street racing impossible due to the laws that have been placed.


 

If anyone was planning to see the actual drive-by in action, they just can't; a human eye wouldn’t be able to tell whose cars are faster as everything to them became a streaming trail of lights along the even paved roads.


 

A similar view was seen inside the car, except only the vehicles and buildings alongside the strip became a blur; leaving the open lanes absolutely flawless in the clearing.


 

The young driver kept her foot pressed into the gas pedal while maintaining her control on her steering wheel at 160 km/h, steadily increasing the speed while her eyes are peeled onto the road-- seeking opportunities to get a lead advantage.


 

“Y-yujinnie, there’s one open lane just up ahead!”


 

Yujin perked her ears and her eyes quickly glanced over to the older girl staring intently on the road, her voice wavered slightly from the adrenaline rush they both felt. The younger could tell Minjoo was doing her best to put a brave front, wanting to partake in helping her to win the race.


 

The girl quickly paid attention to the road up ahead, spotting two unsuspecting motorists taking up the most right and left side of the lane; quickly identified them a sedan and commercial truck. She then checks both the rearview and side mirrors to see they’re on the way of merging lanes.


 

Yujin was not about to let those Lamboheads pass her.


 

“Thanks for the heads-up, Minjoo-ah!”


 

The younger grinned as she shifted her manual transmission gear up by one and pressed onto her acceleration pedal, narrowing the opening before either two supercars could get a chance to get ahead of her-- making her Lexus accelerated to 195 km/h.


 

Both girls heard a loud swerving behind them, leaving Yujin laughing. Clearly, they didn’t expect an initial time attack on her part.


 

‘Take that, ers!’


 

A smirk came off from her lips as the driver kept her steering wheel stable, setting the Lexus straight into the lane as the race kept continuing on.


 

Throughout the race, Yujin wondered if Minjoo was feeling well; it was the first time the older has been in her car, after all.


 

“How are you feeling so far, babe?” she asked, still keeping her eyes on the road.


 

“I-I’m feeling okay.” Came a reply. “M-my heart’s beating fast though.”


 

“Ohh, is that right?” The younger mused, pretending to think hard into her thoughts before asking the following question. “Is it from the adrenaline... or because of me?”


 

Silence enveloped between the two before Minjoo’s face ended up being flushed, lightly slapping the driver’s arm with her hand.


 

“So full of yourself…” Minjoo pouted, trying to hide a smile while slightly sinking herself into the passenger seat. “...but that’s what I like about you.”


 

Hearing the last bit from the older girl really got Yujin’s ego heightened in confidence.


 

‘You really have no idea how cute you are right now, Minjoo-ah.’ Yujin thought while smiling.


 

Her fleeting thoughts didn’t last long as the young driver dropped her smile upon hearing the three the Lamborghinis catching up to her at an alarming rate; one of them managed to drive alongside the lane next to hers.


 

Yujin glanced over the passenger's side of the window and saw it was the LP700-4 model: driven by that head she expressed her disgust on earlier, cruising in his ride with an obnoxious smirk on his face.


 

And oh boy, seeing the man’s face really had the Red Devil setting off; she’s about to deliver him a taste of her wrath for ing her first date with her only girl. Badly.


 

“Hold on tight, babe! I’m gonna gun this car!” Yujin warned Minjoo as she spots a merging road up ahead-- right towards the freeway.


 

“Wait wha-- OH MY ING GOD, AHN YUJIIIIINNNNNN!”


 

Poor Minjoo gave out an ear piercing scream as Yujin slammed down the gas pedal, accelerating her car quickly to get ahead of the Lamborghini by half the car’s length-- her Lexus speedometer is now marked with 180 km/h.


 

‘Now… it’s time to go all in!’


 

As Yujin saw a roundabout ramp inbound, she quickly reached her hand out for the shift stick and pulled it down; shifting the gears by a notch, following with her foot pivoting over to the clutch pedal as she turned her steering wheel over to the side.


 

The Lexus was quickly overtaking the road by drifting around the corners-- showing off its side of the car at a forty-five-degree angle, with the back tires screeching against the asphalt. She was nearly inches away from getting the back-end of the vehicle scratched on from the concrete traffic barriers that were planted in place.


 

Yujin felt her whole body on an overdrive; her blood was running rapidly as her heart beats thrice from the adrenaline rush she was feeling and her eyesight funneled to zoning the road in front of her.


 

She didn’t care about her ears ringing inside from Minjoo’s endless screaming. The Red Devil only focuses on the ever-present between herself and the Lamboheads trailing behind her.


 

///


 

A pair of hands balled tightly onto the Lamborghini’s brand steering wheel as the man who challenged the Red Devil into the race couldn’t believe his eyes upon seeing the Lexus cutting into the lane before him.


 

‘This brat isn’t slowing down at all… What the hell is she doing!?’


 

For him showing off his patience, he will take over the lead when the kid screws up her turn-- at least, that’s what he thought while waiting for an opening opportunity.


 

That kind of opportunity never came as he saw the Lexus performed a high-speed drift around the roundabout ramp, leaving the man speechless-- eyes widened with his mouth gaped open.


 

‘W-what the!? An adaptation to the Inertial Drift!?’


 

An incoming call has interrupted his train of thought as the Bluetooth input system automatically sets to accept the call.


 

[ “Yo, what the did we just saw!?” ] One man shouted, completely livid on what he witnessed.


 

[ “Are we seeing the ghost that passed on from this goddamn road?! This is insane, man!” ] Another man’s voice joined into the conversation, his voice screeching in cowardice.


 

“Shut up, both of you!” Leon roared, letting out a frustrated growl escaped in-between his clenched teeth. “We can still win this! The brat’s tires must’ve worn out by now after the flashy stunt she just pulled-- we can overtake her!”


 

[ “How!” ] The callers exclaimed, sounding just as frustrated.


 

The man quickly took a scan over to see his nitro boost lit indicator remained active, although he has a bit of it left since he used a majority of the boost to catch up on the Lexus.


 

“Do you guys have any nitro left?” he then asked as he was eyeing on the remaining nitro boost level on the car’s dashboard. “We’ll pull ourselves together and use it at an all-clear lane!”


 

[ “Yeah, bro. We only have a little bit of it left!” ] Came to a response.


 

“Good, save those until I give an all-go!” Leon smirked as all of the four cars has now entered the Gyeongbu Expressway.


 

‘Just you wait, Red Devil... You’re about to get doused on!’


 

///


 

In some distance from the expressway, a notable yellow Mercedes Benz AMG GT-R was cruising fast along the main streets as Choi Yena was on her way to help her young friend and racemate.


 

A little while earlier, Yena was in the middle of playing Mario Party with her girlfriend, Jo Yuri, at her own place when she received

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter