Love Starts with a Move

Love Starts with a Move

Kang Seulgi was sketching the view below. She was on her school roof top, skipping lunch, and sketching the school gate and students below. She was precise, and didn't rush. She didn't mind the noise and the laughs, she didn't mind the occasional gossip about others or her. She didn't care. When she was sketching or drawing, she was in a whole new world. 

Well, that was until someone had unexpectedly squeaked a quiet hi! behind her. Seulgi jumped and dropped her notebook and pencil over the fence on the rooftop. Seulgi watched as her notebook and pencil hit the ground and some students look up. One student picks it up, inspects it and the sketches inside, and throws it in trash can nearby. Seulgi sighs bitterly as she turns around and looks at the student who greeted her. Seulgi was shocked to find a small beauty standing behind her. 

"S-sorry! Did I make you drop your notebook?!" she asks, running to the fence and looking down. She then looks at Seulgi and smiles nervously. Seulgi blinks. She wasn't used to talking to people. She barely had any friends, maybe only a handful.

"Yeah... you did," Seulgi confirms, stating the obvious. The girl chuckles and looks at Seulgi with such beauty that it took Seulgi's breath away. "Sorry... I'll buy you a new one!" the girl declares randomly. Seulgi was taken aback by the sudden declaration. Seulgi shook her head and sighed.

"It's okay. I can just buy another notebook," Seulgi told the girl. But as Seulgi said that, she suddenly realized who she was talking to. "Oh? Aren't you Bae Joohyun?" Seulgi inquired. Joohyun blinked. 

"Y-yeah...," Joohyun replied awkwardly. Seulgi smiled and turned around from Joohyun and walked to the staircase leading downstairs into the school. "Well, I'm gonna get going," Seulgi told Joohyun, a little confused as to why Joohyun greeted her. Joohyun watched Seulgi as she walked down the stairs and disappeared. A little sigh came out of Joohyun's mouth.


Seulgi was sketching a girl today. More specifically, Bae Joohyun. Suddenly, Seulgi felt a hot breath on her neck and jumped. This time, she held tightly onto her notebook and pencil and looked behind her. And there she was, Bae Joohyun, standing right behind her, peeking at her sketch.

Fortunately, Joohyun didn't see her sketch properly and says, "Wow, that was really good!" Seulgi smiled at Joohyun and could see her slight blush. "Thanks," Seulgi thanked Joohyun. Joohyun grinned and suddenly looked a little sad. Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows at the sight.

"Are you okay?" Seulgi asks Joohyun. Joohyun forces a smile and nods. Seulgi opened to say something but the teacher walked in right in that moment. Seulgi groaned. Great, wonderful timing, Seulgi thought.


Seulgi was getting ready to walk home. She had her notebook in her hand and a pencil in her pocket. She was wearing her backpack with all the materials needed for homework. But just as she was about to take a step, someone called for her. "Seulgi-ssi!" Joohyun called. Seulgi turned around and spotted Joohyun running up to her, panting. Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why, hello, Joohyun-ssi," Seulgi greeted, bowing. Joohyun smiled slightly, but the sadness from this morning was still visible. Seulgi frowned. "Are you okay? You seem exceptionally sad today," Seulgi tells Joohyun. Joohyun forces a smile but it makes Seulgi feel sadder than ever. Joohyun shrugs and chuckles.

"I-it's nothing...," Joohyun told Seulgi but Seulgi didn't take it. "Come on, I promise I won't laugh or cry or get mad at you or anything," Seulgi pleaded, even trying to act cute and all. She wasn't sure if it would work on Joohyun but Seulgi swore that she saw a small blush on Joohyun's face.

Joohyun finally gave in while the two were walking home. "Okay, okay! But promise you won't laugh or anything..?" Joohyun asks Seulgi. Seulgi smiles. "I promise," Seulgi confirms. Joohyun inhales then exhales.

Joohyun stopped walking and took off her backpack. She opened it and grabbed a notebook. At first, Seulgi was confused. Was she sad over a notebook? Then Joohyun opened the notebook to the first page. Seulgi's eyes widened. On the first page were the words NOTEBOOK FOR KANG SEULGI. "Oh... oh my gosh!" Seulgi exclaimed. Joohyun's expression was blank but a little mix of hopefulness and sadness.

"Joohyun-ssi.... you bought this for me?" Seulgi asked, grabbing the notebook reluctantly and inspecting it. Joohyun nodded shyly. Seulgi smiled. She looked at Joohyun and held Joohyun's notebook along with the other notebook. "Thanks," Seulgi thanked Joohyun. "I'll make sure to make use of it!" Joohyun blinked and a tear rolled down her cheeks.

Seulgi started panicking. "J-Joohyun-ssi, don't cry!" Seulgi said. Joohyun stopped and sniffed. "I-I'm glad y-you like it... I.. I was unsure on whether you'll l-like it or not...," Joohyun said, but it was a little too quickly for Seulgi to properly hear everything, plus Joohyun was stuttering a ton. Seulgi smiled awkwardly.

"Of course! You bought this for me! We're friends now!" Seulgi told Joohyun and Joohyun bawled even more. Seulgi started sweating and walked Joohyun home quickly and bid her goodbye and thanked her once more. Seulgi was extremely thankful and glad to have made a friend.


Seulgi was listening to music on her headphones. She was admiring the view of the sky and clouds today. It was bright sky blue with clouds making the sky seem more sunny and bright and happy. Seulgi was happy today, sometimes smiling to herself. She was also sketching again, and she was sketching Bae Joohyun again. Suddenly, Joohyun appeared beside Seulgi again with a bright smile. It was probably brighter than the sun for a moment. Seulgi smiled and quickly closed her notebook. Joohyun looked at Seulgi's notebook.

"You're using my notebook!" Joohyun exclaims, realization hitting her. Seulgi grins. "Of course. A gift from a friend is greater than just an ordinary notebook. It makes me feel like my sketches are a hundred times greater." Joohyun giggles. Suddenly, a loud laugh silenced the whole classroom. Seulgi's eyes trail off to a clique, consisting of the popular girls.

They name themselves BLACKPINK and consist of Lisa, Jennie, Rosé, and Jisoo. The teacher came in at that moment and Joohyun sat in her seat, which was behind Seulgi's desk. But the mood suddenly feels a little sadder than usual again.


Joohyun sat by herself during lunch on a bench at the rooftop. Seulgi spotted her and called for her. Seulgi saw Joohyun's eyes widen and could see her panic but Seulgi stayed calm and decided not to ask Joohyun about it. It was probably just stress or something. "How are you doing today?" Seulgi asks Joohyun with a smile. Joohyun smiles back, but it was a weak smile.

Why does she always look so sad? Seulgi asks herself. "Good," Joohyun replied shortly. Seulgi's smile faded and she didn't initiate a conversation with Joohyun for a few minutes, her attention completely on her lunch. After devouring her lunch, she got out her notebook, which she brought every where, and glanced at Joohyun. Joohyun flinched when she made eye contact with Seulgi, making Seulgi wonder if Joohyun has been stealing glances from her.

"Ah, Joohyun-ssi. I was wondering if I could sketch you?" Seulgi asked Joohyun, hoping that Joohyun would say yes. Joohyun nodded shyly and asked Seulgi if she should pose. Seulgi laughed softly.

"You already look beautiful, you don't need to pose. Just look natural and comfortable," Seulgi told Joohyun, which Joohyun personally took as a compliment, telling by her blush. Seulgi started with the head and down. But the bell had started ringing and Seulgi sighed, closing her notebook. Joohyun watched Seulgi as Seulgi grabbed her lunch bag and grinned.

"Let's go," Seulgi said, motioning for Joohyun to follow her to their next classes. 


Seulgi was prepared to walk home. She, again, had a notebook in her arms and a pencil in her pocket. She also had all her homework in her bag and was ready to take off until she heard Joohyun call her. Seulgi turned around and saw Joohyun smiling happily. "Seulgi! Did you hear? The high school dance is right around the corner," Joohyun exclaimed. Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows. What was so exciting about the high school dance? This was Seulgi's second year and she had skipped last year's dance.

"Wow, that's wonderful. Um... so..." Seulgi scratched her nape. She had no intention of attending the dance at all and tried to think of something to say. "So... do you have a date for the dance or something?" Seulgi asked Joohyun. Joohyun froze, a heat rising to her cheeks, shown by her tinted, pink cheeks. 

"I-I... actually... I was w-wondering if y—"

A ring was heard. Joohyun looked at Seulgi as Seulgi looked at her backpack. Her backpack was vibrating with a loud ring. "Ah, sorry Joohyun-ssi. That's my phone," Seulgi tells Joohyun as takes her backpack off and grabs her phone. She checks the caller's ID. It was her other group of friends. Seulgi picks up and says, "Hello?" Seulgi talks on the phone for a few minutes and finally ends the call.

"Alright, we should get going. My other friends are crazy and have planned a movie for tonight. It's pretty late for one if I must admit," Seulgi casually says. Joohyun nods, feeling a little embarrassed. Seulgi then walks silently. Joohyun has her head hung low. Seulgi peeks at her and grins.

"Unless... you want to come along?" Seulgi suggests. Joohyun looks up with hope and excitement in her eyes. "R-really?!" Joohyun asks, failing to hide the excitement in her voice. Seulgi laughs softly. 

"I... I would l-love to!" Joohyun tells Seulgi, smiling with her teeth. Seulgi thinks Joohyun is extremely cute in this moment, she can't deny. "Alright, how about you change out of your uniform and go to this location at 8:00 PM....," Seulgi says. Then she pauses. Joohyun looks at Seulgi, waiting for more instructions. Seulgi chuckles nervously and rubs the back of her head.

"I.. I don't have your phone number," Seulgi tells Joohyun. Joohyun's eyes widen and she chuckles nervously. "O-oh right... u-um... I'll g-give it to you... right now!" Joohyun exclaims as she fishes for her phone, which was in her bag. Seulgi watches Joohyun cutely open her backpack and grab her phone with a cute and nervous expression. Joohyun turns on her phone and gives Seulgi her phone number. Seulgi thanks Joohyun and bows.

"I'll text you the location and time tonight," Seulgi tells Joohyun. Joohyun nods and Seulgi walks Joohyun home and the two bid goodbye before Seulgi walks to her home.


Movie night! Seulgi arrives at the move theater and greets her friends: Seungwan, the one closest to Seulgi's age and year. Sooyoung, a year younger than Seulgi and Seungwan and is extremely crazy. And Yeri, the same age as Yeri and looks up to Joy (who Seulgi honestly thinks is a bad example). Joohyun arrives a few minutes after Seulgi and greets Seulgi's friends.

"Seulgi-unnie! You have a girlfriend now?" Yeri asks. Seulgi rolls her eyes. "She's not my girlfriend, Yeri. She's my friend and she says that she wanted to come," Seulgi told Yeri. Yeri giggles mischievously but Seulgi ignores her. 

"Alright! Should we get going?" Seungwan asks everybody. Sooyoung checks the time on her phone and pushes Wendy towards the movie theater's doors. "We should already be inside!" Sooyoung tells Seungwan impatiently. Seulgi laughs as the 5 girls walk into the movie theater.


After the movie, Yeri, Seungwan, and Sooyoung rush to the bathroom since they drank two whole soda bottles. That leaves Seulgi and Joohyun together. Joohyun was fidgeting with her fingers and Seulgi was watching her closely. Joohyun then opened . "Seulgi!" she exclaimed, rather too quickly. Seulgi flinched and glanced at Joohyun.

"What is it, Joohyun?" Seulgi asked. Joohyun blushed when Seulgi called her by her name. Joohyun gulped. Seulgi waited patiently for Joohyun to continue as she watched Joohyun's cheeks turn pink.

Joohyun decided to ask Seulgi now since she doesn't have all night and Seulgi's friends might come out of the bathroom any minute. "I.... I was w-wondering i-if... if you'dliketogototheballwithme!" Joohyun asks all in one breath, her cheeks very pink now. Seulgi blinks and leans in closer to Joohyun.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. Can you repeat it?" Seulgi asks Joohyun. Joohyun's cheeks turn red and opened to repeat her question but Sooyoung had exited from the bathroom, along with Yeri. Sooyoung was complaining about how Seungwan cares too much about her studies and should go out more and Yeri agreed immediately.

Seulgi greeted them and after Seungwan came out of the bathroom, the 5 of them bid goodbye. Seulgi walked with Joohyun home since their houses were near each other.

"So, what were you going to ask me back at the movie theater?" Seulgi asks Joohyun. Joohyun her lips unconsciously and sighs. She was going to be brave, she decided.

"I said.... I was wondering......." Joohyun trails off. Seulgi raises an eyebrow. "You were wondering?" Seulgi asks, telling Joohyun to continue but Joohyun was inaudible. Joohyun frowned and shrugged it off but Seulgi didn't.

"You can ask me tomorrow," Seulgi told Joohyun and after they arrive at Joohyun's house, they bid goodbye and Seulgi walks home again.


It's already that time of year. The school year is ending. Seulgi and Joohyun's friendship was a short one since it was more near towards the end of the year. Joohyun never got the chance to properly ask Seulgi to the dance. Seulgi still didn't intend to go to the dance this year. She had no date and didn't have any of her friends invite her anyways. That was, until the clique BLACKPINK's Jisoo asked Seulgi to the dance a few days before the dance.

Seulgi was skeptical about going with Jisoo to the ball since Seulgi wasn't particularly popular or anything and Jisoo was, but she decided to accept. She was reluctant about her decision but Jisoo did ask her out and Seulgi decides that that is a reason to go to the dance. Seulgi hasn't seen Joohyun the past few days and decides to text Joohyun.

How's it going?

Seulgi, 6:49 PM

The school day was almost over and Seulgi was wondering if Joohyun was avoiding her. Seulgi got her bag ready with all her assignments inside and had her notebook in her arms with a pencil in her pocket. She has been recently sketching Joohyun without Joohyun knowing and Seulgi is quite proud of her sketches. Seulgi is currently inspecting her sketches of Joohyun with her notebook wide open and is at the school gates.

Suddenly, someone scoffs behind Seulgi and Seulgi looks at the person behind her. It was Jisoo.

"Why do you sketch your best friend so much?!" Jisoo asks Seulgi. "It's outrageous!" Seulgi furrows her eyebrows and yelps as Jisoo yanks Seulgi's notebook out of her hands and throws it on the floor, stomping on it. Seulgi's eyes widen and she forcefully pushes Jisoo away.

Jisoo falls on her bottom and scrapes her elbow. It was bleeding now and Seulgi panicked. Seulgi quickly grabbed her notebook and opened her backpack, stuffed it inside her backpack, and carried Jisoo to the nurse. It was the end of the school day but the nurse, Dr. Kim, was still around. Seulgi asked for Dr. Kim to help bandage Jisoo and Dr. Kim agreed to do so, as the scrape looked bad.

"It wasn't anything too serious," Dr. Kim told Seulgi after inspecting it and bandaging it. "Just a scrape. It might hurt and bleed a few times but it'll heal." Seulgi sighed in relief and apologized to Jisoo about pushing her. Jisoo didn't answer Seulgi and Seulgi sighed and rubbed her arm. Jisoo sighed too.

"I think you should pursue that best friend of yours," Jisoo tells Seulgi. And that's all Jisoo said to Seulgi after that. Who knew that those words would actually help Seulgi realize her feelings for Joohyun.


Seulgi found Joohyun walking to school the next day and ran to her. She called for Joohyun and took Joohyun's arm. Joohyun blinked and tried to run away but Seulgi's grip was firm. "Joohyun! Why are you avoiding me..?" Seulgi asks Joohyun. She wanted an answer and she saw how scared Joohyun looked. Joohyun gulped and sighed, quickly giving in.

"I... I... J-Jisoo-ssi t-told me n-not to ask y-you out...," Joohyun muttered quietly. And despite all the noise, all Seulgi could hear was Joohyun. "Sh-she likes you! S-Seulgi... p-please don't a-accept her to go with y-you to the dance!" Joohyun pleads. Seulgi's eyes widen as Joohyun starts forming tears and Seulgi chuckles. Seulgi wipes Joohyun's tears with her thumb and smiles.

"I won't," Seulgi reassures Joohyun. Joohyuns sighs in relief and suddenly feels a peck on her cheeks.'

"Cause I'll you'll be the one I'm asking out instead," Seulgi says with a smirk. Joohyun's cheeks turn red as Seulgi kisses Joohyun on the lips that she had been wanting to kiss ever since they became friends.

And Seulgi assumed that this meant a yes from Joohyun.

Fin


Oof. Hope you enjoyed this story. I know I should be updating my other story but this idea just popped into my head and I wanted to write a story haha. Honestly, I forgot what the title of the children's book was but it was a pretty good book. I honestly enjoyed it and I don't think it's targetted just for children but... I just call it a children's book because it is. IDK anymore!

I hope you enjoy the story! Subscribe and upvote if you did enjoy and COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!