Chapter 2: "Moon Bin"

너잖아

“Argh! Early in the morning so annoying.” The guy exclaimed as he ruffles his bed hair and closes his curtains that is right beside his bed for that the sunlight will not him his face and force himself to wake up.. The noise outside his room becomes more like exclaiming with excitement and followed by more voices. He’s a heavy sleeper, but with those screams, screeches in his apartment is really bearable. It’s seriously going to make you go nuts and insane.

 

“Aish! YOON SHANHA! Keep you voice down. Let your hyung sleep for more.” He yelled without even opening his eyes and pulls his duvet to his head;covering his whole self.

 

“Sorry Moonbin hyung!” Sanha replied and got quiet for a bit then squealing once again. The door where Moonbin was sleeping suddenly bursts open. Met with 2 sharp eyes darts at him. Sanha keep his lips tight.

 

“Sanha! Can’t you let me sleep? I have been lacking sleep so much these days just please let me rest or i’ll —“ Moonbin discontinued as he suddenly realize there are 3 pairs or eyes looking at him, including Sanha’s. His hair sticking out everywhere with his matching pajamas.

 

“Moonbin hyung, Jinjin hyung and Mj hyung arrived earlier. We are playing something that Jinjin hhyung had brought and Mj hyung is so funny that’s why we are noisy here. Don’t you have duty today, hyung? It’s already 11:42 am” Moonbin shoots glares at their wall clock.

 

“I told you he doesn’t have a duty today. We’ll be both having the same job after a week off. Sorry Moonbin for the noise, Sanha can’t keep his mouth shut. Also Mj adds to the noise.” Jinjin says to Sanha and scolds Sanha by flicking his forehead and Moonbin really didn't expect any visitors today, Sanha didn't even informed him about this. Which kind of irks him cause they haven't cleaned the apartment thoroughly. It's his OC-ness kicking in, whenever uninvited visitor comes.

 

“No I don’t have. I’ll be having a week off. My boss said he will assign me for a job that would require me to stay and be low profile probably for a year. Anyways, have you guys eaten already? Jinjin hyung why are you even here early in the morning?” Moonbin speaks with his low groogy voice, as he just woken up.

 

“Not yet hyung! Are you going to buy food? Buy for us too.” Sanha quips as he still focused on the game, and unintentionally screaming because the maknae keeps on getting attacked and losing so much health.

 

“Nothing important. I just missed Sanha and he invited me to play, that’s why I am here?” Jinjin reasoned out. But he’s there for another reason.

 

“And he didn't even informed me? Nor you informed me about going here early today?" He unintentionally let his annoyance get his mouth but tried to cover it up by changing the topic really quick. "Buy your own food. I am not your dad to buy you one. Ask your friends to buy you one. I’m buying my own.” He says and retreats back to his room, dragging his feet.

 

He plops down his fluffy bed which is still warm-ish and slightly cold now bed. He opens his phone and finds that there aren’t even any single update from the headquarters. He doesn’t want this job. He really don’t. It makes him like he’s leaving Sanha all alone in their shared apartment. He knows to himself Sanha can’t live without him. He would be a mess, but it is also kind of a process to be independent for his own good. But leaving after a week and be back whoever knows when this mission will be done.

 

He’s still hasn’t been briefed about the mission that was assigned to him. His boss said that he will be briefed about it when the person already arrives. So it will be like on the spot mission but he knows it already, knows his duties. But don’t know who he will protect for god knows how long.

 

Not long after scrolling through his phone catching up with what is happening around social media. 

 

“Hyung! Someone is looking for you.” Sanha yells as they keep on playing in their shared living space. It’s his delivery. He gets his card and heads towards the main door and is greeted by the appealing smell of what he is craving for. 

 

Jjajjangmyeon, Galbitang and Tteokbokki.

 

He gave his card to the delivery guy and wait for the confirmation that the transaction was done and already paid and for his signature to validate his purchase. When it’s done he grabbed everything and made a bee line to his room laying it everything on his floor in front of his wall-mounted tv, goes out for a bit to get himself some water.

 

“Moonbin hyung, where’s our food?” Sanha asks as he passed his controller to Mj and let them both play. Walks towards to his hyung making a lot of aegyo while on his way.

 

“That’s my lunch not your’s.” Moonbin says as he grabs the water bottle inside their fridge. Sanha is blocking his way towards his room while making cute faces. 'Not again' is what Moonbin thought.

 

“Hyung I am hungry too. Can’t you order for us.”

“Hyuuuuuuuuung.”

“Moonbin hyung, Moonbin hyung, Moonbin hyung.”

 

“Ei! Go away.” Moonbin’s patience is really something when it comes to Sanha. 

 

“No hyung not until you feed us.” Sanha snickers, showing his braced teeth with matching giggles that is quite loud. He's a loud person, well both of them are. But he can manage his loudness depending on the mood or the atmosphere of the room.

 

“No. You have your own money.”

 

“You should treat us because you have a time off for a week. Let’s celebrate for you new task or job whatever you call it!” 

 

“No.” Moonbin deadpans. His eyes are clearly dead not interested with what the younger is talking about. Not really having this again.

 

“Hyuuuung. I won’t stop.”

“Hyung”

“Hyung”

“Hyung”

“Hyung”

“Hyung”

“Hyung”

“Food”

 

The other 2 in the living room are watching both of them. They already knew Moonbin when he gets pissed they literally go home instantly not wanting to be a victim of his anger. They are worried that Sanha is going to get him mad. So they act fast for their own sake and for Sanha's sake before he irks the devil (in a good way) and have a traume for life. Jinjin saw already how Moonbin really gets angry, like real angry. He notices that he filters his anger when he's at home or with friends, he doesn't anyone show the real him when he's angry. Jinjin is a tough guy but seeing Moonbin ferocity, he's a coward. He doesn't know how to calm him down, but he can calm himself down just letting him be on his own. That's why he came up to Sanha's side.

 

“Sanha, let Moonbin go we’ll buy you lunch. Come here and play with Mj hyung.” Jinjin says as he make his way to both of them, instantly Sanha goes to the living room and play, while Jinjin went to talk to Moonbin.

 

Jinjin is older by 2 years, yet he’s scared of him when he’s not in the same spirit as the others. 

 

“Excuse Sanha for his behaviours for this day, it might fire you up you so much, maybe he’s just happy to be around with me and Mj because you’re always out of you apartment doing duties.” Jinjin complies. Moonbin nods and politely disagree, he’s still younger so he’s polite to those who are polite to him too.

 

“Don’t worry Jinjin hyung. It’s just his natural habit. Disturbing me and gets away with it because of his aegyo’s. I am not mad at him, it's his habit. I just gets fired up when I am tired and he doesn't seem to understand how hard we work everyday.” He reassures him. “I’ll order you guys your food since it’s been a while you hanged out with Mj hyung and Sanha. Just don’t tell Sanha about this.” Jinjin wants to refuse but Moonbin already insisting and speed dial his favorite fast food.

 

They both became silent for a reason that Moonbin is on call with the restaurant ordering their food. Jinjin is just waiting for it to end.

 

“There hyung, your food will be in an hour. I’ll be paying it hyung.” Beams at him that signature Puppy smile he got. His nickname whenever he smiles, they call it those puppy eyes. It only appears when he smiles or when he has a favor to ask. Either of it, that signature eyes going into cresents will be coming out naturally.

 

Jinjin just nods in agreement for him to shut up. He knows how persuasive Moonbin is and accepts his defeat. “But, I heard earlier you will be assigned where you will be away for too long.” Moonbin sighs as he remembered what was his mission was all about.

 

“Yeah hyung. It’s such an pain in the . I really don’t want this task, but I can’t get away with it or I’ll lose my job since I am in the higher ups of the whole team. Other teams want it, but personally I didn't like even a bit of it. But what can I do? They expect my team to do the best, since my team always gets recognised for doing an excellent work.” Moonbin feels defeated already.

 

“I know how you feel, cause I was briefed that I will be joining your team for the same job, I got promoted and assigned me into your team." He informs Moonbin the good news, "Since we will be gone for sometime, how about Sanha? You’ll leave him here in your apartment?” Jinjin says about his promotion to the higher ranked Moonbin but that doesn’t give the privilage the younger to disrespect the older. He’s just higher rank in the job but still talks formally when they bumped into the headquarters.

 

“Oh really? You’ll be in my team. I am so happy to have you the same team as mine. We’ll do a great job as what I am feeling. Even though I already hate this job that they assigned us.” The happiness is done shortly as it hit what the second question Jinjin hyung asked him. “Well, I have to, since he’s too spoiled by me being there always by his side.” Moonbin is sad for the younger. Jinjin thinks something to solve the problem. So, Sanha will not be left unattended. Yet, he needs to be watched after since he is still a child inside.

 

“Mj. If you don’t mind? He can be here for Sanha. Since they both are in University.” Jinjin proposed a plan. “I can say that Mj won’t spoil him, because he’s also short in money so they’ll figure it out by themselves. He’s going to be changed boy to a man.” 

 

“Them two? Will be staying here? With Sanha? Are you okay?” Moonbin ask as he is a bit confused with the proposal of plans suddenly.

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry about the monthly dues of your apartment, he’ll pay for it for your absences. Which will much more reasonable cause it would cost you less. Although not really?” Jinjin scratches the back of his head as he didn’t think this through. "I know that you bought this apartment, and Sanha is a son of your mom's friend that's why he stays here, for free. But would you kick him out or enlighten his mother about your soon absence in the apartment for a year-like task?"

 

Moonbin doesn't have the heart to ask Sanha to go back to his Mom's house although it would be much harder for the younger to go to the university, since his apartment is close to the proxemity of the universities around.

 

“If that is what you find more reasonable, but we only have 2 rooms in here. We don’t have a guest room for Mj to stay at.”

 

“Can’t he just use Sanha’s room and Sanha uses your room since we’ll be away for so long. In case you’re worried of getting your things wrecked. For sure Mj won’t let it happen cause he knows he’ll pay for it.” If that’s the case, then Moonbin isn’t worried anymore. He pretends to think about it. Despite the fact that he is still skeptical to this idea. Leaving two messy persons he know, how would his apartment look like after a year.

 

“Okay. I’ll be giving him the spare keys to the apartment sooner or later before I go to my headquarters next week. Just make sure to tell Mj to protect everything in this apartment and won’t be destroyed or else all of you will get out.” Moonbin threatens his hyung but he knows it won’t work cause, Jinjin is quite a serious guy. So whenever he says something he will keep it until the very end. Jinjin just nods with a smile plastered on his face and goes back to the living room.

 

“I’ll tell them later. I’ll be your colleague, Moonbab!” Jinjin salutes to him with the same puppy smile and goes back to living room. They both are known for having those puppy smiles or puppy eyes when they both smile and labelled them as the 'Puppy Brothers'.

 

Moonbin spends his whole day in his bed watching something to entertain himself, it’s been a while since he watch something in his T.V. It’s been a while since he spend a whole day in his room. Just going out for bathroom breaks or getting snacks. Being part of NIS is so hectic to him. He always stays low profile, when he’s not on duty he plays like a casual citizen and curious about things happening around that he probably didn’t catch during his missions.

 

“Moonbin hyung. Do you want to eat outside?” Sanha knocks on the door before peeking his head in between. The sight of Moonbin getting heavy eyelids isn’t common for Sanha as he always wants to catch up with him he’s always sleepy or even asleep.

 

“I’ll pass, I’ll sleep early. Just be home before 9.” Moonbin bids as he turn off his T.v and rolls on his bed getting ready to drift off to dreamland where there are no gore, no NIS, no mission, just him relaxing and enjoying his time off. He quickly got into sleep mode even before Sanha can even shut the door.

 

 

•——————•