Avocato

Avocato
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae is half awake, smelling the coffee aroma, slowly he moves, eyelids remains closed. Sitting on the edge of the bed for a while before he opens his eyes and walking out the room toward the kitchen, where the rich aroma of coffee satisfying his sense it totally brings his soul back.

The thin body clad in red pajamas paused for a moment, standing at the side of the dining table when his eyes caught the well-dressed figure of Jongwoon busy baking bread. The man hasn't realized his existence. Hyukjae choses to change course to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth first.

Quiet morning. He thinks, staring at self reflection in the mirror after washing his face.

When he returns to the kitchen, his eyes still caught Jongwoon's figure there, this time sitting with a sip of coffee he held. Hyukjae swallows hard, before pulling the chair opposite Jongwoon. Two pieces of toast and warm chocolate milk are served. Hyukjae clears his throat, breaking the silence.

"Morning." He hopes this cold atmosphere can slowly melt away.

Hyukjae glances at Jongwoon while holding his breath. But the reply he hopes out from the man's lips doesn’t come. He sighed as he bit into the toast. He chooses to look at the plate on the table. The creaking chair made by Jongwoon slightly jerked it, but doesn’t make Hyukjae stare at Jongwoon who is walking towards the sink to wash dishes and empty coffee cups. Hyukjae is still silent in his chair, sipping warm chocolate milk, until the sound of the door was heard, he sighs again. Know, if the man who lives with him for two years has left.

Usually Jongwoon will wake Hyukjae by touching his button nose, or sometimes using the tip of a dull pencil to prick his cheeks. Any ways that can make Hyukjae disturbed and there is no choice but to wake up. Then they will spend time in the morning by brushing their teeth together, disturbing Jongwoon who is busy making breakfast, and of course light punches often land on Hyukjae's head. He enjoyed when he succeeded in making Jongwoon's tension rise.

Even so, Jongwoon wasn't really angry, the man never got tired of showing attention and pampering him. You can say Jongwoon's treatment to Hyukjae is like being 'kicked and then loved'.

Sometimes, they also have a big fight, where the two shout at each other and slam the doors of their rooms. But in the next morning, Jongwoon and Hyukjae will make up as if nothing had happened after one of them opened the conversation.

Unfortunately, this time is different. Hyukjae is well aware that Jongwoon is very angry. The man never ignored him like this before.

.

.

.

.

.

"Did you fight with Ye?"

Hyukjae leans back on the restaurant couch he is sitting on, then looks at Heechul who is putting the strawberry pairfait into his mouth.

Hyukjae sighs repeatedly. "Yesung-hyung is really mad at me this time." While the pretty man continue to scoop the pairfait while looking at him, waiting for Hyukjae's unfinished story. "He ignored me even after I greeted him this morning."

Seeing the look on his dongsaeng's face was so melancholy, making Heechul a little shocked. He realizes that Yesung and Hyukjae's quarrel is not as usual.

"Did you do something?"

Hyukjae looks at Heechul who is giving full attention. He feels a little intimidated, then choose to divert attention outside the glass window, like he’s afraid that if their eyes meet, Heechul will read everything in his head. He rubs the back of his neck, a habit that often he does whenever he feels nervous.

"... Do you remember Soyoung?"

Hyukjae hesitates, trying to see Heechul's expression. Bad. As he expected, the man's eyebrows frowned.

"Looks like you really have to apologize. No — not like, but you. Must have to. Apologize." The words Heechul emphasizes like a hammer beat from the judge.

"You haven't even heard my explanation, Hyung ...!" Hyukjae sounds so frustrated.

"Okay, explain to me." Heechul is waiting, straighten his body . There is a moment of silence, but finally all Hyukjae does is open and close his mouth again. He feels he can’t say anything now. His mouth frozen. Heechul seems to have been digging into his head.

"...You're right." Hyukjae lowers his head with both palms tightly clenched.

Heechul sighs, then slightly bent to pat Hyukjae's head. "You're Jongwoon Mr. right, Hyukkie." The 35-year-old man again spooned the parfait into his mouth after launching a contemplative sentence.

"But I have another problem now."

“Your life is problem tho,”

“Ah, Hyung. Listen to me!”

"Okay okay, I am kiddin’…" Heechul again gives attention.

"I don't know how to talk to Yesung-hyung. He will definitely ignore me again."

"You just sneak in when he takes a shower, and lock the door."

"Ya!" Hyukjae's blood looks it suddenly gathers on his cheeks.

"But it's effective. I always do it when Teukie is angry at me. He won't have any other choice, because he's stuck with me." Heechul said casually while the spoon seductively. While Hyukjae only snorts, massages the base of his nose. He shouldn’t have asked for advice from this Hyung at the first place, considering Heechul and Leeteuk always do crazy things.

"Ah, Hyung ...You make me even more stressed." Hyukjae grimaced, half jokingly.

"You can bet with me."

"No!" No, no. Of course he can't do something crazy like that. He'd better die. "I’ll think about it by myself,"

"Sure." Heechul throws a mischievous smirk.

"One more, I have a question." He only needs to see the man opposite him raises an eyebrow. "How do you ... Can you believe Teuk-hyung isn't comeback to Sora? You must understand why I always tell you, because our situation is rather similar."

"Teukie won't come back,"

"How?"

"Because I'm prettier than that woman." He answers confidently, then laughs at the reaction of the younger man.

"Aishhh!"

.

.

The short needle clock stops right at ten. Almost midnight and Jongwoon still hasn't returned. Hyukjae just waits in the TV room while continuing to change the show, he's totally unable to focus. His mind is filled by guilt and worry; what if Jongwoon takes his words seriously?

Hyukjae remembers how this problem started. They both have known each other since Hyukjae was in middle school, as Hyung and Dongsaeng. Hyukjae was dating for a long time with Donghae who was his best friend, while Jongwoon dated a couple of times, but Hyukjae knew that Jongwoon still loved his first girlfriend, though they had separated. Even to this day, when Hyukjae and Jongwoon decided to be together two years ago, he still couldn't get rid of worries about how Jongwoon felt about her.

The older men never knew, because Hyukjae didn't try to show it. Until something happened and without realizing it, the emotions that have been buried for so long just overflow. Hyukjae saw photos shared by Jongwoon fans from Soyoung's SNS account. The woman came to Jongwoon's solo concert and they took a selca together.

No, actually it did not make him angry. Hyukjae could still hold back. He's the type of person who doesn't like to be emotional. Everything was still normal as usual, until last night;

"Hyung, did you bring my order?" Jongwoon was a little surprised when he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter