Chapter 1

Who are you?

“Jimin I’m back” Taehyung shouted as he walked into their shared apartment. “Wait there I’ll”

Jimin started but stopped when he saw that Taehyung had already walked into their living room.

“What?” Taehyung said questingly. “I was going to bring you a towel but now you can go and clean that wet trail up by yourself” Jimin said mentioning to the trail of water Taehyung’s rain-soaked clothes had left behind.

“Well I’m going to take a shower first okay” Taehyung said walking to his room to take the
shower he had longed for the moment he felt the rain on his skin.

After the shower, he came back to the living room to find Jimin on the phone with his fiance Yoongi and he felt his tummy grumble.

He sighed and started his experience of trying to make both of them dinner. Ever since he and Jimin started living together five years ago Jimin had been doing most of the cooking.

He was twenty-five for god sake, he must be able to make something edible now, couldn’t he.

It turns out he couldn’t when he heard JImin scream at him that he had burned the food while he was spacing out.

“I’m sorry” he said to Jimin who was trying to scrape the burnt food -or what was left of it- out of the pan.

“You don’t have to apologize I know how you have your space out moments” Jimin responded, “are you in the mood for take-out?”.

“Please” Taehyung said.

And so they ordered some pizza and ate it while putting on a romantic comedy on Netflix.

After a while they paused the movie, Jimin went to the kitchen to make hot chocolate and grab some chips and popcorn while Taehyung went to the toilet and got some blankets.

While he was just trying to get comfortable on the couch under the pile of blankets the doorbell rang.

Tae got up and walked to the door.

He opened the door to find a sight that left him scared to his bones and speechless. He wanted to scream but he couldn’t.

In front of him was his boyfriend or ex-boyfriend he didn’t really know what he should call him.

The man just looked at him with a cute bunny smile before saying “Hi baby, I wanted to get in but my key didn’t fit, did you have the locks replaced?”. Now looking at him confused.

Taehyung looked at him in horror and he slammed the door shut. From outside he heard the man say “Baby, are you okay, why did you close the door? are you okay”.

And no Taehyung was most definitely not okay.

“Taehyung come back” he heard Jimin shout from the living room “the hot chocolate is getting cold”.

But he couldn’t bring himself to move and the hot chocolate was the last thing on his mind right now.

When he didn’t return to the living room nor made a sound Jimin came to check up on him, only to find him standing still as a statue looking at the door.

“Are you okay?” Jimin asked carefully. In response, Tae opened the door.

As soon as he did that the man started talking again. “Omg Tae I thought something had happened to you, can I come in now it’s starting to rain”.

“Tae what is this?” Jimin asked now as pale as Taehyung “please tell me this is some sick prank.”. “I don’t know what this is Jimin” Taehyung shouted in fear of the person in front of him.

“Oh hi Jimin, how are you? Were you just leaving” the man now shot questions at Jimin his smile once again back on his face.

Taehyung was now trembling heavy which turned the man’s attention back on him. “Baby are you sure you’re okay, you don’t look okay” he said concerned and tried to place his hand on Tae’s arm.

Taehyung jumped back, frightened “Don’t touch me” he shouted and the man took a step forward into the hallway. “Don’t come near me!” Tae screamed again.

As the man took a step back he looked up at Taehyung with a confused face.

“Baby, what did I do, I don’t understand” he said frustrated.

“Please don’t call me that” Taehyung shouted, tears now rolling down his face.

And that’s when Jimin decided to close the door again.

“Jimin are we going insane” Tae said while trying to wipe the tears of his face.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know what is happening” Jimin said also scared by whatever this was.

“Maybe there were drugs in that pizza and we are just imagining this” Tae said.

“Believe me by now I wish there were drugs in that pizza” Jimin responded.

They got interrupted by loud knocks on the door followed by the man’s voice.

“Tae, please tell me what I did wrong, what’s happening?”

And Tae decided to do exactly that when he opened the door again, tears still streaming down his face and said: “You wanna know what’s wrong Jungkook?” The man nodded his head looking at him with puppy eyes.

“You have been dead for five years that is what’s wrong”