Fin

Unnie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju sniffs for the nth time that evening. Her day wasn't going the way she wanted to. A couple of things dominoed towards her trail of bad luck but nothing compares to that day where she had reality slap her in the face.

That day, many things happened thay led to the events that occured. First: she slept in, not a really bad thing if she's a normal high schooler. Next - a steaming cup of coffee soaked her shirt that morning. Lastly, Yujin might've hurt her ego in more ways than one.

"Unnie, can you go to the mall with me?" Yujin asks in her usual loud voice.

Minju massages her temple as she saw the girl approaching her. 'Get me out of here.'

"What do you want?" She asks impatiently.

Yujin looks at her disbelievingly, her eyes darting in Minju's own and then her surroundings; the younger one frowns.

"What happened unnie? You always act like you hate the world or something..." she starts.

Minju scoffs, "Maybe if you stop pestering me every other minute, then I wouldn't be always pissed off."

This in turn makes Yujin go red. Her frown contorted into an angry face, she balls her fists in her sides.

"What did I ever do to you?!" Yujin shouts.

Minju didn't back down either, her own anger rising up.

"You always bother me! I never concentrate in my practices when you come near me!" Minju fires back.

Something ticks off inside Yujin and now her wrath came crashing unto the older girl. She lashes out words that targeted Minju's anxiety and insecurity.

"Well maybe if you trained a little harder unnie! No wonder they only notice you for your looks." Yujin roars.

"Y-you... w-why..."

Tears flowed out from Minju's eyes and her body shakes uncontrollably. Her knees buckle against her own weight whilst her stomach feels sick. Minju feels nauseous.

Too ing far. She took it way too ing far.

Never had she thought that sweet Yujin can say such harmful words. Not even towards her, but was she damn wrong.

Yujin walks out of the room in anger without sparing her a single glance.

While Hyewon walks in in all her beauty. Minju is too tired to talk to people. Not after her anxieties spiked up again.

Hyewon wastes no time in helping her. She hoists Minju up and relocates her to the bed. The rapper soothes her back until her sobs quiet down. She stands up and looks for tissues.

The older girl wipes her tears ever so gently. Like Minju is a glass that is already cracked and waiting to be shattered.

She ing loathes it.

Her tears came back again in a furious fashion. She's had enough of people treating like a fragile thing. She's no longer a child and she will no longer take the pity that she's receiving.

She slaps hyewon's hand away from her face and stares at her hardly.

"Stop treating me like a kid! I can ing take care of myself!" Minju yells infuriatedly.

Minju grabs the tissue box that Hyewon is holding and throws it angrily.

She looks at her unnie one last time before she bawls off a "get the out!"

Hyewon gets up quickly, like a kid scolded by their parents, and went out without a word. The door creaking quietly at her back.

Minju sniffs tiredly and takes her pillow. She hugs it tightly and closes her eyes. 

She had too much going on and she needed to sleep.

So she does.

She wakes up some time in the evening. Minju yawns groggily and notices a note plastered in her door.

'Everyone is out but I volunteered to stay to look after you. there's food in the fridge but knock on my door if you need anything. I'm sorry if I did anything wrong. love, Hyewon-unnie.'

Minju disregards the small guilt in her stomach after she reads the last sentence. Figuring that she had nothing to do. She sets off for the kitchen. 

The girl finds a couple of frozen food there ready to eaten. Minju doesn't really cook and given that she released her vent up frustration towards Hyewon, she just ate the frozen food as it is.

Minju was on her way to her room when she bumps with another body.

She looks up and sees her Hyewon-unnie staring at her with the deer eyes she's always been acquainted with.

The younger one notices the awkward atmosphere that she's in when Hyewon suddenly smiles gently at her. Minju fights out a blush and quickly averts her gaze towards other directions.

Hyewon finds the gesture cute so she pinches the other girls cheeks softly and makes her way again to the bathroom.

Shortly after the older one left, Minju unconsciously traces her fingers to where Hyewon pinched her.

'What the is this and why is it hot in here?'

These strange feelings came to her after they were formed as a group. Sure, her unnie is a goddess but she's lying if she said that she didn't want to be the subject of her skinship.

Minju waits for Hyewon to finish up in the bathroom and then she'll take advantage of their time alone.

Minju is waiting at the door when it suddenly opens and reveals a face that all girls wanted to have. Minju not prepared for the moment, quickly coughs and starts.

"Unnie, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier and I wanted to repay you by keeping you company." Minju asks apologetically.

Hyewon instantly cups her face in her hands and speaks,

"Minju-ah, I understand. you don't need to be sorry." 

The gentleness in Hyewon's voice causes Minju's eyes to tear up again and gives her hiccups.

"B-but I-I was re-really wr-wrong! Y-you should p-punish m-me for i-it!" Minju chokes out.

Hyewon, instead of replying; envelops her in a warm hug while running down her hands in her silky hair.

"Don't cry now Minju-ah... let's go to my room and talk about it." Hyewon suggests to which Minju accepts.

Minju looks over Hyewon's room. It wasn't really filled with artistic designs. Though it still is stylish with its minimalistic gray colour. Inside the room is a single bed with a black cover and pillows. In the far left corner is the study table which Hyewon uses when she has assignment. On the opposite side is her prized instrument which is an acoustic guitar and an electric keyboard. The windows also give a view on the city of Gangnam with the province far below.

Hyewon takes a seat in her bed and pats the spot beside her. Minju oblidges and starts telling her problems to Hyewon.

"So unnie, my morning wasn't great because I slept in which usually means less time for preparing and more time for cramming. Next is I had coffee splashed all over me which I reckon, no one would've wanted to happen to theirselves. Lastly, I kinda lashed out at Yujin which resulted in her bursting and saying... things." Minju says.

"What kind of things Minju-ah?" Hyewon asks her.

Minju recalls the events last morning and Yujin's words. For the fourth time in the day, Minju's eyes glisten again with the familiar liquid.

"S-she t-told me th-that I-I'm o-only known f-for my l-looks!" Minju hiccups. 

Hyewon looks at her sadly and she embraces her with all her might, just to remove all the girl's insecurities.

"Kim Minju. Never dwell on the things Yujin said okay? She said those out of anger, she hadn't meant any of those. Because when we are high on emotions, we tend to say things. You wouldn't believe what Chaeyeon-ah said to me when we are practicing for the comeback." Hyewon sternly tells her.

Minju looks back at her with teary eyes and opens to speak,

"Do you think that I am not just known for my looks?" she asks hopefully.

Hyewon scans her face, the eyes that are already red from crying is everything that she ever wants.

Her lips that always contained that very contagious laugh.

Minju's nose that also reddened after sniffing is what Hyewon always wanted to pinch.

Her cheeks that are always soft to touch and makes Hyewon feel her home. 

Her ears that are always lent if someone has a story to tell.

So Hyewon smiles at her and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Minju... I'll always see you as a talented person. Sure you're not as good as Chaeyeon in dancing or as good as Yuri in singing... but trust me when I say you're the most hardworking person that I've known. Don't mind the people that are saying that you're only looks and visuals and not talent because they have no idea what you do in order to keep up with our members. They don't know anything so they have no right to tell you that." Hyewon cooes.

Minju's insides warm at her unnie's words and stands up to take her leave but Hyewon's hand prevented her from going further.

"Yah... you told me you're keeping me company?" Hyewon teasingly asks.

"O-oh! okay sure." Minju stutters.

'Why am I stuttering in front of her?'

"Now be a good girl and sleep in my bed right now." The older girl commands her.

Minju can't help but to take a liking on this unusual side of Hyewon.

'A dominant one huh.' Minju thinks.

So she did as she was told and lied down in the bed while leaving space for its owner. She takes the comforter and covers half of her body with it. It is only when she's already settled that her mind registers one thought.

'This is a single bed. .' 

Minju quickly resists an urge to turn pink at the thought of sharing a bed with Hyewon-unnie of all people! She gathers a few minutes in order to calm down her erratic heartbeat while also wishing that the rapper does not notice her odd behavior.

Just when her heart returns to normal pacing, fate decides to be a little more cruel to her; albeit in a nice way.

Hyewon also settles beside the younger girl though with a limited space. She takes her time in lying comfortably beside Minju, she tosses and spins and turns around and she just knows that cuddling with Minju is the most comfortable one so she does it.

The poor girl panics internally, never had she ever thought that this scenario can ever happen to her; even more that it can happen with her - the frog - of all people.

'Well it may be more likely to happen with Sakura-unnie because you know, she's the only one H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter