Meet

Shallow

It was a typical friday night, Yoo Jeongyeon just finished his tour concert in Kobe,Japan.

He wore his usual hat and got out from the concert arena and rushed into his van where his manager was there to him out.Cameras were flashing and fangirls were shouting out for him but he just waved and got on the van.He is already used to the popularity and at this point he is already tired of everything.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon wasn’t his true self anymore and he knows.Even his fans noticed how he changed.He wasn’t as cheerful and passionate compared to his debut days.To put it in simpler words he lost interest in music.He was there to just sing when he is told to.He wasn’t singing for himself anymore.

 

So tonight,he decided he should let himself go and have some drinks at some random club near his concert place.He told his manager about it and well they don’t have a say about it anyways.As the van was moving he looked out of the window and stare at view of the city lights and how they are all shining bright while he was staying in the dark.He prays every day to find someone or something that could bring a miracle to his life and spark joy in him again.

 

As the van reached a stop at the parking lot of some sketchy club...Jeongyeon told his manager that he’ll go home by himself so he told him to go back without him. And with that Jeongyeon just went in the club.As soon as he entered, he went to sit near the bar and ordered his usual that is a glass of rosé wine.

 

It was usual to be in club and seeing people making out in every corner and music blusting really loudly but tonight felt different Jeongyeon was alone,no random girl wanting to him.

 

While he was enjoying every sip of his wine,  suddenly a guy approached him and said “Are You Yoo Jeongyeon?!” and Jeongyeon just nodded his head and tried to cover his face with the hat that he wore.

 

Apparently that “guy” was the owner of the club and was a HUGE fan of Jeongyeon and his music. So he told the bartender to give Jeongyeon every drink he wants and it’ll all be on the house.The owner was so honored that he wanted to show off Jeongyeon their best performer.

 

“Hey Mr Jeongyeon I really hope you can stick around until our last performer she’s our best of the best!”

 

Jeongyeon could barely hear him as the performance right then was by a rock band and it was crazy loud.Jeongyeon didn’t feel like being rude so he just said “OK!” 

 

So Jeongyeon stayed throughout the night as he waited for the awaited performance by god knows who.After a couple of shots,the club suddenly turned pitch black.

 

A few seconds later,a light is shined to a beautiful woman standing on the stage with a guitar hanging on her body.She started strumming the guitar strings to check if everything was all set.

 

The owner went to grab the mic and said “Ladies and Gentleman let me introduce you guys to our best perfomer Myoui Mina!” and with that he left the stage giving Mina the spotlight she deserves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina works at this club only during the weekends.She has so many part time jobs during the weekdays so her schedule is quite packed.After finishing her work at the bakery shop nearby,she always rushes to the club to get ready for her performance.

 

Mina really wants to pursue music and quit her part time jobs especially at the bakery as her boss keeps giving her a hard time but in reality she knows she isn’t good enough.Thats totally why she stood around working in the club for some cash and well singing is her hobby anyways might as well enjoy it right(?). in fact the people there are SUPER nice and friendly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the story

 

As the light stayed focus on Mina,she starts to strum her guitar again and sing her self written song “Love Line” 

 

When you close your eyes it becomes clearer

 

I wanna see you even when I see you

 

Would you understand how I feel

 

I just wanna pull, 

 

Don’t let go of this thread

 

So I would fall harder

 

From that very moment Jeongyeon knew she was Different.