THE DREAM

TWO SIDES

3 knocks on the door wake her up; the ray of sunshine hit her face. It's morning. It's another boring day for her. Aerin gets up and take a bath after, she change into something casual for school. She gathers her things and put inside her bag. She looks herself in the mirror *you need to survive another day Ae*

She hears again the knock. "I'm done"

     "breakfast is ready Miss Lee" the butler inform her.

She opens the door and the butler bows a little as a greeting, she follows him to the dining room where her parents and her brother are finally seated. Aerin quietly seats next to her brother who smiles warmly. Both of her parents are busy on their stuffs: reading news paper and talking someone over the phone. After the maid place the food in the table they started to eat.

It's the usual morning for her, the silence is deafening. No one is asking if they sleep well or not, they just....eat.

     "Young Kwang-ah.." finally her dad speaks. "Yes dad?"

     "How was the meeting with Mr. Roswell?"

     "The first meeting went well. He's still deciding whether to sig-"

But Young Kwang is interrupted by heavy sigh from his father, a sigh that means disappointment. He looks at him

     "Still deciding?"

     "y-yes dad.." 
     "I'm giving you a week Young Kwang. If Mr. Roswell did not sign you know what happens next, right?" Mr. Lee warns

     "Yes dad, I'll do my best"

Aerin looks at her brother who is now under pressure. She too is aware what will happen, her dad will pull out Young Kwang from the company. Business is business for them.

After breakfast, Young Kwang drives her to the university. She waves goodbye to him as he left. Aerin turns around and the school gate welcomes her

 

*Haegan University*

 

It's an elite university built for filthy rich students. It has 3 huge buildings separating the Arts & Performance, Business and Medical courses; style in Spanish era with a modern twist.

She sighs. It's another semester to survive.

Aerin stops at her locker to get some books for her first period and goes straight to her classroom. She checks the signage: BUSINESS 3, she enters and seated on the upper left near the window where she can take a peek of the Medical building: where she should be. But sadly Aerin is stuck in business course, force by her parents. She can't say no for she's afraid to oppose.

After a whole day class, the driver picks her up and headed home. She doesn't like to go shopping or hang out with friends after class coz she doesn't have one. She eats dinner alone and goes straight to her room and change to pajamas. She opens the window and the city night lights welcome her. She stares at the whole city thinking what could it be like to live differently? Where people around her appreciate what she does and not see what her mistakes are. *is there somewhere I can freely live? Where I can be truly happy?

 

If only.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------
 

 

 

 

 

     "NAM JOOHYUK! NAM JISOO!"

     "WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!" Jae Eun shouts from the bottom of her lungs as she burstly open the door. The two wiggle on their bed and cover their ears with pillows, Jae Eun steps inside and open the curtain."Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" they both shout as painful ray hit their eyes

     "NOONA!!!"

     "Yah!! You're not vampires"

     "Wake up or I'll cut your allowance" she said as she close the door. Jae Eun hears the thumping noise inside, she knows their weaknesses. She smiles in triumph.

Minutes have passed; the two boys are in the kitchen staring completely on their breakfast. It's the usual fried egg (burnt), fried rice (with too much salt) and 2 glasses of milk.

     "What are you staring? Eat."

Jisoo and Joohyuk look at each other. As much as they hate her cooking they have no choice eventually because she bawls like a tigress. They sit across each other.

     "I know you very much hate what I cook, but you have no choice. Now, eat!" she said as she also finds her sit. She too wants a proper breakfast, but cooking hates her that even simple frying is a matter of life and death.

Joohyuk and Jisoo are waiting outside as their face fell when a 90's car honk loudly.

     "For real?" Joohyuk did not expect the car...to start again. That car which has been like pass from generations to generations is still surviving. Jae Eun is on the driver's seat.

     "N-noona..I thought this already gave up" referring to the car, Jisoo even saw it last week being dragged by a truck because it stops right in the middle of the road.

Jae Eun smiles as she pats the steering wheel.

     "Why you think he give up already? Moon never gives up. Just like me" she proudly said being contented that Moon the 90's is still kicking off the road. Yeah it's been 5 years when she bought the car from a garage which is the only car she can afford.

     "C'mon you two!". She drives her brothers to school and headed directly to her work.

 

     "Welcome!" Jae Eun happily greeted the costumers

     "What is your order?"

She's a part time in a coffee shop by weekday mornings, while in the afternoon are her classes and by weekends she's working in a 7/11 store and even take night shifts in a bar sometimes. Rest is just a word for her; it's not on her to-do-list. Her brothers will graduate high school in 2 months and will be in college soon. She needs to save, she will not let them stop and work part time like her. Jae Eun promised their late parents she will take good care of the twins no matter what.

Someone texted Jae Eun that needs a driver, it's a good timing since her class finally ends. She goes to the address given to her and meets the costumer. A man on his late 50's accompanied by a woman on late 20's. The man was kind'a drunk and handed a piece of paper where the address is written, it never surprise her anymore. While on the road she glances a little on the rear view mirror; this again never surprises her, she's been in this kind of part time for a year now; she had seen probably all kinds of costumers. They arrive at the hotel and the man gives her a tip, it never slips on Jae Eun's eyes how the old man winks lustfully at her. She just rolled her eyes and left.

As she gets home, her brothers are already sleeping. She checks the kitchen and finds a box of fried chicken in the table with a post it, which surely brought by her best friend. She goes to her room after eating and changes to baggy pants and white tees then climbs up to the roof top.

She sits at the very edge letting her legs swinging; she gets her phone and checks the messages, one from her land lady informing about the pay for the rent and two from the bank where she borrows money.

She sighs deeply. What could it be like to live a life where money is not a problem? Where she can do what she wants? Where she can freely live? *a life different than I have

 

 

If only.

 

 

 

 



 

JAE EUN'S POV

All I can see is white, pure white. Where am I? Why am I here? All I can remember is that I'm at the rooftop checking some messa-Wait!!!!!!! Did something happen to me? I look around once again. Is this..h-heaven? No! No! No! This can't be. What will now happen to the twins? This isn't happening. I must find a door or something to get out from this...this white place. What to do..what to do..what to d-

     "Hello.." Is that a voice?

     "Anyone?" clearly it is someone's voice.

There is someone besides me, I'm not alone. I AM NOT ALONE!

I need to follow where that voice came from, she might answer my questions.

     "Hey..excuse me"

I saw a woman. Well it might be a woman, she has a long hair. I walk towards her, hmmm why does it feels like she's somewhat familiar? Her back though...

     "Hey.."

When she turns around, I am not expecting what I am about to see. We both I guess rounded our eyes in shock. Who will not?

In front of me is a woman with the same height as mine, same hair length (but straighter) as mine, same body physique as mine..and same face as mine! Am I looking at a mirror? But she has softer aura which obviously I don't have. What is going on? Is she me or Am I her?








 

AERIN'S POV

It's colder. I know the air con is on but it's not the usual coldness I feel whenever I sleep, it is much colder. I open my eyes and all I can see is white, I rub my eyes thinking it is cause by blurry vision but it's not. I am lying in a cold white floor in a white..place. Where am I? What is this place? I stand up and try looking for a door, if it has one. At least.

     "Hello.." my voice echoes

I look around and see nothing..nothing but white.

     "Anyone?" I try not to panic but hearing no answer makes my palms sweat. Did someone kidna-

'hey..' I heard.

I turn around and my eyes rounded in shock.

BODY, HAIR, HEGHT & FACE. Is that me? But why does she have a strong aura unlike mine?

Is she me or Am I her?



 

 

 

Aerin and Jae Eun wake up from their nightmares....or dreams perhaps; both sweating.

It is a very weird dream. Why do they see their self in peculiar side? It looks like standing in a mirror yet odd.





















 

A/N:

I just want to clarify things;

  • This story is inspired from a movie. I know the idea is not original but I am trying my best to have a different attack for your reading pleasures. The idea might be common to some of you but I hope you still have time to read this.
  • Actors Jisoo and Nam Joohyuk are twins in this story~

I may not post some author's note, but if you have questions regarding the story feel free to message me~

 

Love lots,

princessChannie