Heartbreak - Final

Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It’s unfair. I miss her. Her presence, her voice, her hugs, her warmth. I miss the way she held me from behind, the way she buried her face in the crook of my neck. I miss that crazy heartbeat of mine when she is around or when she tells me she likes me and she makes me tell her ‘I like you’. Because I do. I did. I don’t even know anymore. She broke me. I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal. But it turns out it was. It hurts so much, more than I expected.

She chased me, and God knows I didn’t want to let her go into my life. I didn’t know what changed my mind. She has this power to break my walls. It was so wrong. Look at what she has done. She said she wanted to be there for me, to protect me, to make me smile. But I ended up alone and suffering.

Do you know what’s ironic? She was the one who left. No explanations. Nothing. I got nothing more than a ghost in my life. I trusted her, but I felt it was useless to chase her. I’d only end up more hurt. But she came back once. She was here, all sorry, apologising again and again. She made me weak, I let her go once more in my life. Don’t we say that everyone deserves a second chance? She promised me she won’t leave again. Maybe she didn’t deserve that chance. Because you know what? She left. How stupid I was to trust her again, even though it was just a little. I felt ashamed. Because she played with me and I let her do so.

Sometimes I wonder how she is doing. Does she regret it? Does she think about me? Does she care? Did she had even cared? I know these questions are useless, but I can’t help it. I can’t get her out of my mind.”

“Thank you for opening up Minjoo.” Eunbi showed me a sad smile. “I know it’s hard for you. You need to move on.”

“I know, I’m trying Unnie. But it’s hard, harder than I thought.” I honestly answered before letting out a sigh.

“She didn’t deserve you. You’re a wonderful and awesome person. You deserve someone who makes you happy.”

“Thank you Unnie, thank you a lot.”

“I’m here to listen to you if you need it, okay?” I nodded while she kept her hand on my back. “Now, smile, I don’t like to see my Dongsaeng sad.” I giggled at how childish Eunbi could be. “Let’s get some food.” She stood up, but the grip on her wrist stopped her from walking.

“Unnie?” She hummed a light ‘yes?’ and looked at me. “Can I get a hug?” I asked, my cheeks blushing, definitely embarrassed by my own demand.

“Of course.” She smiled and pulled me close to her in a warm embrace. “I’m sorry for asking. I won’t talk about Yujin unless you come to me.” We broke the hug, and I smiled at her kindness.

“I think I needed to talk about it anyway.”

“When was the last time you two talked?” I kept silent for a few seconds.

“Two months ago.”

“This jerk!” Eunbi exclaimed angrily.

“It’s fine Unnie. I just want to move on.” I answered, catching a soft look from her. “Shouldn’t we get food?” She nodded, and we started walking next to each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter