1 the beginning

a good deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"dahyun, you can't keep being like this."

kim dahyun is now sitting in the living room in the her shared apartment with chaeyoung and tzuyu, her classmates slash her bestfriends. they've been close since the first day of college.

"i know, chae. but it's not like i have any choices."

chaeyoung sighs. she is really aware too about her bestfriend's condition.

"you are right..."

chaeyoung scrambles her hair, feels frustasted. she really wish she can help dahyun, but she can't do too much.

"you know what, i really wish i could help you. if only i came from a rich family."

"you don't need to be sorry. you and tzuyu are already kind enough to let me stay here. for free."

yes, dahyun can't rent an apartment, even a small dorm for herself. it's chaeyoung and tzuyu who insisted to let dahyun stay with them for free. of course dahyun rejected at first, but chaeyoung and tzuyu kept persuading her, and dahyun finally said yes.

"well, i wish i could help you more."

dahyun's live has been tough. her parents passed away in a car accident when she was 9 years old. she was left with her aunt, the only family she has, but dahyun has always known that her aunt is not a good person, and dahyun was right. she got kicked out, and her aunt even took everything that her parents left for her.

everything was supposed to be hers.

dahyun still remembers that time she was crying on the street, alone. she was so scared. but she was lucky. she met someone. she doesn't really remember how that someone looked but whoever that person is, she is her savior.

she let dahyun sleep for a night at her house. dahyun was still small back then, she had no idea if that person was a good or a bad one but glad, she was a good one. and the next day, she brought dahyun to the orphana

dahyun grew up there. she received so much love from the owner and her another friends. but dahyun gets older and older, she can't stay forever in that place. so when she graduated from high school, she also left that place. she found a job, and she earned enough money to rent a place to stay.

time passed by, dahyun realized she couldn't keep living her life like this. she had to enter college, and graduated, and find a well paid job. it's the only way to change her life, she thought.

glad dahyun was born with a genius brain. she got the scholarship, but not a full one. it means she still needs to pay some tuition every months. at first everything still could be handled by dahyun, but that day came, when she had to choose one.

she used almost of her savings in her bank account for college. the amount of money she got from working is not too much. she couldn't pay the tuition and pay for the rent at the same time. 

if she chose to continue her study, she wouldn't have any place to stay. that's the time when chaeyoung and tzuyu offered her to stay in their apartment. without them, dahyun doesn't know what would she be doing right now.

"okay, that's enough. i cooked something."

with that, tzuyu comes out from the kitchen, wearing an apron. chaeyoung rolls her eyes.

"haven't i told you for a lot of times? i told you not to cook."

"trust me, you'll love this one."

"you said that a lot of times but at the end you always  up. it always tastes like ."

"ya, son chaeyoung! it it necessary to say that? don't be mean."

chaeyoung rolls her eyes again for the nth time. dahyun just giggles.

"don't be like that, chae. our yoda is trying her best. don't be so hard on her."

"you are the best, dahyunie. come here, i promise it won't disappoint."

dahyun moves from her seat, and heads to kitchen with tzuyu.

"don't you want to have a try, chae?"

"no, thanks dahyun. i don't wanna die yet.

dahyun can't help but laughs.

they just finished having their dinner, and not as they expected, tzuyu's dish tasted pretty good.

chaeyoung is still cleaning the dishes. dahyun and tzuyu are now in dahyun's room. 

"so what's your plan, dahyun?"

dahyun frowns.

"what do you mean?"

"actually chaeyoung was right. you can't keep being like this, i mean.. you can't keep taking three jobs and go to college everyday. you will die very soon, you know.'

"i don't have any choice. three jobs, and i'm still suffering."

tzuyu sighs deeply.

"i wish i could help you."

"shut it, tzuyu. don't need to be guilty, okay? you guys already helped me a lot, and i'm really thankful for that."

"just like what chaeyoung said again, i wish i could help you more."

"i'll just accept my fate. it's tiring to live liket his, i admit. but i'm already used to it. i'll just study hard and graduate, and find a well paid job."

tzuyu nods, and pats dahyun's back.

"keep being strong. you know you still have me and chaeyoung, right? we can't help you much but we will be always here if you need us. we will do the best to help you."

dahyun flashes a smile.

"thank you, tzuyu."

there is a comfortable silence between them for a while. they are lost with their thoughts when tzuyu breaks the silence.

"dahyun, i have an idea."

"whatever your idea is, just keep it to yourself."

chaeyoung appeared from now where. dahyun and tzuyu didn't even realize her presence.

"are you like a ninja or something? and when will you stop being mean to me?"

"your idea is never good, tzuyu. and we rather not to listen to it. right, dahyun?"

"stop fighting, and let's just listen to tzuyu first. there's nothing wrong with that."

tzuyu mocks chaeyoung with her ugly face, and turns to dahyun. chaeyoung chuckles.

"so, my idea is...."

dahyun is still waiting, meanwhile chaeyoung doesn't expect too much.

"why don't you find a sugar mommy?"

with that, tzuyu can feel a pillow hit her face.

"SON CHAEYOUNG!"

-

dahyun goes to school like usual. chaeyoung has left first because she has a morning class, so she is with tzuyu now.

they arrive at the school gates but there's something not usual. it's really crowded. everyone is circling and looking at something. 

"what is happening? why is everyone here and why are they whispering like that?"

"i have no idea either. let's just go inside."

"excuse me.."

tzuyu and dahyun is trying to escape the crowd. dahyun is not really interested about what is happening here. she just wants to go to her class and study in peace.

"dahyun-"

tzuyu hasn't finished her words when dahyun feels she hit something.

she has bumped to someone.

"sorry-"

dahyun raises her head and look the person she has bumped to.

dahyun is supposed to say a god damn long apologetic sentence. she is supposed to say sorry but dahyun is only standing there, freezing, looking at the person standing in front of her.

her mind goes blank. she can't think about anything.

dahyun is so mesmerized with the beauty that person has.

dahyun has always been busy, so she doesn't has time to think about love. dahyun herself never thought about her uality too.

but this time, dahyun swears, the beauty of the woman in front of her really hypnotized her. dahyun can feel her heart beating so fast. the woman in front of her is just really beautiful, and her aura.

her aura is so strong and... intimidating.

"ya, kim dahyun!"

tzuyu's hit on her shoulder woke her up from her deep thoughts. dahyun is suddenly aware of everything.

the crowd is now even louder than before.

"omg, she just bumped to miss minatozaki."

"did that girl save the nation in her previous life? she is so lucky."

"did she do it on purpose?"

dahyun can hear everyone is whispering, talking about her bumping to this beautiful woman.

"are you okay, kim dahyun?"

dahyun can hear a soft voice calling her name. dahyun swears, she has never heard her name gets called in this way.

dahyun finds it really hot and y how her name was mentioned by this woman.

"y-yes? o-oh yeah, i'm okay."

dahyun always looks at the person's eyes whenever she is talking to everyone, but it's suddenly hard for her to do.

a pair of brown eyes is looking at her too. if she stay like this longer, dahyun thinks she will faint really soon.

"glad you are okay, dahyunie."

"i'm sorry about- what?"

dahyunie? dahyun blinks her eyes a lot of times, can't believe what did she just hear.

they just met, and not in good way, dahyun means she bumped to her but that woman is already calling her dahyunie?

what is going on?

"she just called her as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter