Chapter 2

Blind Voices

It had been a week since Taehyung got to meet Yoongi and J-Hope. Unfortunately, he hadn't had the chance to see them since. But it wasn't too big of a deal, he was busy trying to get everything together for his next album, and it wasn't going all that well.

He rubbed at his eyes. It was getting late. One more song was needed for the album, but it was difficult to come up with anything. He quickly stood up and grabbed his jacket. He needed some fresh air.

As he was walking down the hall, he threw his head back and sighed, his eyes closing momentarily. Just as he was bringing his head back forward, he bumped into someone.

He hadn't expected arms to wrap around him and steady them both. But when he looked up he saw Yoongi. All he could do was stare, as Yoongi's arms stayed around his waist for several moments. 

As the arms around him pulled away, Yoongi's voice broke his trance. "Are you okay?"

Taehyung hadn't noticed until that moment, but when Yoongi caught him, his hands had braced themselves against Yoongi's chest.

Taehyung pulled his hands back before clearing his throat. "Um. Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for catching me, and sorry for running into you. I was distracted."

Yoongi waved off the apology. "It's fine. You sound a bit stressed. Is everything okay?"

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "Yeah. Just struggling a bit with this last song. I can't really come up with much for lyrics...."

"Do you want some help?" The offer caught Taehyung off guard. 

"Oh! Uh!" Taehyung began to open and close his mouth wordlessly like a fish. After several moments he shook his head, cleared his throat, and finally gave Yoongi an answer. "Yeah. That would be great."

In his excited state, Taehyung grabbed Yoongi's hand and pulled him back to the studio he had just been occupying. He had made it back to the desk with his works and immediately began to rummage through the papers, letting go of Yoongi's hand in the process.

"I've been at this all day, but nothing I have written sounds right." Taehyung flipped through the pages in his hands. "It's like all my inspiration from the rest of the album disappeared for this last song."

"What about the concept? What's the concept for the album entirely? Let's start from there." As Taehyung turned to the other man in the studio, Yoongi was easing down into a chair before pulling up a knee and getting comfortable.

Hours passed as the two passed ideas back and forth. It was almost 2 am when they finally finished the lyrics for the song.

"Finally!" Taehyung leaned back in his chair releasing a long sigh. After a moment, he sat back up and smiled at Yoongi. "Thank you so much, Yoongi. I don't think I could have done it without you."

Yoongi waved him off. "It was all you. I just helped you organized your thoughts. Though seeing how this song turned out, I have to admit that I'm curious about the rest of the album." A small smile made its way onto Yoongi's lips, and Taehyung grinned at Yoongi's words. 

Taehyung decided to take the opportunity to maybe try and flirt a bit. What could it hurt, right? "I would give you a sneak peek, but I think I should make you wait and get the album yourself."

Yoongi noticed the change in Taehyung's voice. He recognized the flirty underlay. But he barely knew Taehyung. Should I play along? I mean... Well... "Oh. So you want me to be a fan?"

Taehyung was caught off guard by the question, but he still had a comeback for Yoongi. "Well, having my favorite artist become my fan would be pretty awesome."

Yoongi went quiet for a moment. "Your... Favorite Artist?..."

Taehyung went crimson. He hadn't realized he let it slip. "Uh. Well... Yeah. I mean... I've been following you practically since your debut..."

Yoongi normally would have just been happy to hear that someone else appreciated and enjoyed his music, but this time, it was different. It was the way Taehyung said it.

Yoongi surprisingly blushed slightly from it. He ducked his head down hoping Taehyung wouldn't notice. "Thanks." It was quiet, but Taehyung still managed to catch the word.

Several awkward and quiet moments passed before either made a move. Yoongi was the first to do anything. He carefully stood up and stretched. "Well, I think it's time we both head home. It's late, and you could probably use some sleep."

Taehyung stood up quickly. "Yeah! Um. Hey, do you think I can get your number? You know, in case I need help again." The nerves in his voice were clear even to himself. He scratched the back of his neck. 

Yoongi nodded. "Yeah, sure. Get your phone ready. I'll call it out for you." After Taehyung had gotten Yoongi's number saved, Yoongi spoke. "Oh. One thing about that number. Don't text it. I would much rather you call instead. Okay?"

Taehyung was quick to agree. "Yeah. Sure. No problem!" His boxy grin spread fully across his face as Yoongi bid him goodbye and walked out of the room.

Taehyung didn't notice, however, that Yoongi had swung his arm into the wall while trying to find the door. He had been too excited staring at the number he had just managed to get...