Dreadful Day

DANCING BETWEEN THE LINE

Jennie comes home with a smile in her face, entering the pass code of her and Jisoo’s apartment, still smiling till she reaches the living room.

“Where have you been?”

Jisoo is sitting at the couch, her hand is crossing in front of her chest, there’s a coffee in the table in front of her, the TV is on but her gaze is not on TV. Just by seeing it, you can tell the aura surround her is not happy.

“Oh my god Jisoo! You will not believe this!” Jennie excitement seems to cover her from Jisoo darks aura.

She sits herself at the couch, next to her best friend “I know you will talk about how great your date was with Jinyoung but-“

 

“we broke up”

 

“WHAT?!??”

“Yes, you heard me, we broke up” Jisoo said it with a serious tone, “what? How?? How can that even possible?!!” Jennie can’t hide the shocking feeling from her face. She just can’t believe it.

“Are you serious right now?”

Jennie look at her best friend face, look if there’s a little lie there, or wait for the older to laugh and just telling her that this is just a prank.

But no, Jisoo expression haven’t change, and just by looking at that, she knows her friend isn’t kidding this time.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Jennie soften her voice, she touches Jisoo’s arm, trying comfort her, getting her know that she is here.

“No, it’s okay, it’s not a big deal actually. Maybe it’s just time for us to break up” Jisoo is smiling to Jennie, trying to sure her that she is fine.

But Jennie isn’t buying it.

She knows it’s a lie, she knows how much Jisoo loves him, like damn she knows how much they love each other. Become the third-wheeling for almost all the time makes Jennie at least know how much they were meant to be together. Even though Jennie is still angry at Jinyoung for stealing Jisoo every time they want to hang out together. but she is sure that her best friend is in a good hand.

“So... where have you been young lady, its already pass your curve!”

After a few silent of Jisoo insuring Jennie she is alright which Jennie totally not buying it, she turns the table and looking at the younger in front of her.

Jennie let out a small sigh, she knows can’t make Jisoo speak tonight and trying to changes the topic is the best way right now, “You totally would not a believe it” and she starting her story time.

.

“WHAT?!”

Now its Jisoo turn to be shock, “How can you just telling me this now?” she has the shock expression on her face.

Ah acting major 

Jennie rolls her eyes, “I just got home Jisoo” she rises up from the couch, going to the dining room going to get herself some water, “It’s probably just one-time thing” she opens the fridge, looking for something to clean , while Jisoo is trailing behind her, “Besides…I don’t even know his name” before taking the orange juice to , not looking at Jisoo. “You didn’t ask his name?” another shock coming from the older. “He save you, and you didn’t even ask for a name? then how can you say thank you to him?”

Jennie turn her back “I offering him a drink as a thank you” Jennie smile, “Then we go a dining restaurant near the club and talk, happy now?”

Jisoo is looking at her unbelievable, “Jennie, you may found your future boyfriend, maybe even the love of your life but you forgot to ask his name?”

Jennie is shrug it off, “lol a little too far Jisoo, I’m not even know him” she walks out from the dining room, leaving her.

“But you like him!” Jisoo yell from the other side of the room, Jennie turn her back, half of her body is already in her room, “I don’t like him” looking anywhere other than the latter eyes, “I just... like talking to him” she said firmly, then closing her bedroom door, leaving the oldest in awe.

Jisoo can’t believe with what her best friend just did, there’s a chances of her happiness right in front of her but she just stupidly forgot to ask the first and simple thing, his name.

Love is stupid sometimes

Jisoo let out a sigh, she finished the orange juice Jennie left in kitchen counter before walk to her own room, taking some sleep too.

Without her knowing, Jennie is actually leading herself to the door as she closed it, thinking about same thing like her best friend.

.

Monday never be good day for Jennie, her Monday morning started off with her almost late to her morning classes because Jisoo practically left her without even wake her up, forgot to bring her assignment that was due today, got a surprise test from her “favorite” teacher, and dropped her coffee in the cafeteria because some students were “blind” and got bumped into her.

“! Could today be any worse!!” She looks at her reflection on the mirror, messy hair, no makeup and literally a wrong sense of fashion she could randomly pick up today.

Yup, it’s totally describe her not so good day today. Plus, the coffee stain on her white shirt make a plus point to mark this day as one of the worst day in her life.

“my god...” she rises her hand to cover her face, replaying all the events in her head.

"today is going to be okay, today is going to be okay" she keeps replaying that to herself, inhale and exhale the oxygen around her, calming herself down. “Ok, let’s do this Jennie Kim” she ties her hair into a ponytail, take out the glasses in her bag to cover a little bit of her bare face, decided to ignore the stain on her shirt

That’s not going to disappear anyway

Take one last big breath and she turn her heels to the door exiting the bathroom.

.

She is on her way to her next class, Business Law. The class where she shares it with her best friend boyfriend –or ex to be exactly, Park Jinyoung.

She still can’t believe that they broke up, being the living eyewitness of their relationship make it enough for Jennie to believe that the pair are destined to be with each other, like the couple that was made by heaven. The lovey dozy act that make Jennie want to puke sometimes or the stare and stupid smile that they shared with each other sometime are enough to make Jennie jealous.

They are definitely different like yin and yang, but somehow Jinyoung could stick with Jisoo’s silliness or even weirdness -in Jennie opinion, and Jisoo somehow can manages on how stick Jinyoung can be.

Jennie looked around before entering her class, trying to find a particular person that comes to her mind moments ago.

weird, he is not here

She sits down. something fishy come to her mind, Jinyoung always sit in the second front row, and Jennie in fourth, never late, and always give Jennie a small smile and nod when she entering but somehow, he is giving Jennie any of that today, heck! he is not even in class yet.

Professor started the class 30 minutes ago, Jinyoung still hasn’t show up, trying to vanish the weird thought aside, Jennie giving her full focus to the board in front of her.

 .

The door slammed open, make everyone inside the class including Jennie and the professor having a mini heart attack. Jinyoung could be seen standing at the entrees, his messy hair and clothes make Jennie a little bit thankful because turns out she is not the only one that having a bad day. But, what happen tho?

Jinyoung walks inside the class, saying sorry to the professor then go straight his sit without even breaking the eye contact with the floor 

He looks dreadful

Everyone inside the class thoughts the same. Jennie gave him a worrying look before giving back her focus to the professor that is explaining the subject that Jennie somehow can be sure off, Jinyoung not give any mind to.

 

 

Tbc