002.

Wait for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every year on 7th July, Siyeon, Yoobin and Gahyeon would visit their parents’ grave. Today is no different. It’s a family thing to them. 7 years ago on this very same day, they lost their mother. Yoobin became an orphan not once, but twice. She came into the world with no one to call as parents. The universe played on her by taking away the people she is most thankful to. It truly breaks everything inside her. She is left without parents for the second time. At some point she thought that the word parents her name are impossible to coexist in the same sentence. But only this time, she is not abandoned. She actually had the chance to say goodbye. She is left with two amazing people that she could call sisters. Even until she dies, she could never be more thankful she always thought. Maybe the universe does still have mercy on her.

Siyeon can still recalls that day vividly.

 She hears footsteps outside. Her parents are finally home. She shuffles out of the bed, kicking the blanket aside. They are unusually late today. She reaches for the door knob and twisting it to open. “Siyeon? You’re up? Never mind, come here!” Her father excitedly invites her to get closer to her mother. Her father reaches for something that seems to be hiding behind her mother. A toddler. Her father happily brings the toddler slightly nearer to Siyeon. “Siyeon, honey. Meet your new little sister, Yoobin.” Her mother says gently. Siyeon’s ears perks up. “Little sister?” Siyeon questions. “I don’t remember seeing Mommy’s tummy becomes big?” She questions again, her brows now knitted tight together. This confusion seems to amuse her parents who let out a hearty laugh. “Come, sit on Mommy’s lap.” Siyeon proceeds to obey her mother’s words. “Yoobin and us are not related by blood. However, from today onwards she’s a part of us. She is your father and mother’s daughter now. She is a part of the Lee family, your little sister. Got it?” Her mother explains. She looks over Yoobin, who is clinging on her father’s arm. No, their father. She doesn’t know how to react, so she stares at Yoobin. A new addition to the family would not be so bad, the girl assumes. “Why don’t you greet her properly? She must be happy to see you.” Her mother suggests, signalling the husband to scoot them closer. Siyeon is clueless on how to greet Yoobin. So she awkwardly and hesitantly tries to pat Yoobin’s head. But Yoobin is faster. The younger of the two grabs Siyeon’s hair and starts to laugh. Siyeon yelps at the sudden action. She begins to groan as Yoobin starts to pull her hair. “Yoobin, stop pulling my hair!” She begs. Somehow Yoobin enjoys pulling her older sister’s hair, which makes the married couple laugh at the sight. “Mom, dad help me out please!” Siyeon cries for help. She is anything but finding this funny.

 

“How many days until Gahyeon comes, Dad?” Siyeon inquires, out of curiosity and excitement. She has been asking this same question for months ever since Gahyeon was announced. Obviously, she could not wait any longer until she gets another little sister. The more the merrier she has always thought. “Soon, honey. Be patient alright?” Her father reassures. He still has a strong feeling that Siyeon will not stop until his wife delivers. 2 months after, Gahyeon is born. Sadly, tragedy occurs, another month later, an accident happens at work, injuring many of the employees but their father is fatally wounded. The doctors are unable to save him. Just like that, the father dies. Their mother never remarries. The money that is left by their father is enough, the single mother says.

Siyeon and Yoobin at the age of 5 and 4 respectively, manages to find their own talents. Siyeon is a born singer while Yoobin is a creative and a talented composer. Yoobin composes a song and Siyeon will delivers it. Their talents complement each other’s. Perfect, like pieces of puzzles. Gahyeon is still so young, the only thing they knew about her so far is that she is loud and a cry baby. Oh and another one, she prefers Yoobin more than Siyeon. Siyeon is often voicing out the unfair treatment she got from the youngest to their mother. The mother of the three however, has a strong motherly instinct that Gahyeon will share some traits with the eldest sister.

 

Her mother’s health deteriorates as days passes by. Gahyeon is smart a kid. Yoobin has always makes fun of Siyeon for being the dumbest out of all of them and Gahyeon being the smartest. That being said, Gahyeon knows very well that her mother does not have much time left. Every night she would snuggles into her mother, knowing sooner or later, she will not be able to feel her mother’s affection anymore. It is Yoobin’s 12th birthday. Gahyeon’s sleep is interrupted as she feels her bladder is full. Should have listened to Siyeon, she thoughts. She rises from her sleeping position and goes for the bathroom. Glancing over to where Yoobin’s bed is, she notices that Yoobin is not in their bedroom. Both of them share a bedroom while Siyeon has her own bedroom. Done emptying her bladder, she decides to check on Yoobin downstairs. She silently opens the bedroom door, hoping to not wake up anyone, especially Siyeon. Siyeon somehow has supersonic ears that makes her a light sleeper, based on Gahyeon’s observation. Much to her surprise, Siyeon is outside of her room, leaning on her own closed door. This seems to surprise Siyeon too as the older girl quickly stands straight. “You’re awake? What’s wrong? Are you going downstairs?” Siyeon stutters. This is weird. What is with all the questions and stutterings? “I’m fine. Looking for Yoobin. Oh and I need some water so I am heading to the kitchen.” Gahyeon answered. The last sentence is a lie. Based on Siyeon’s unusual behaviour, she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter