perfect

perfect

So, sometimes it’s perfect.

Sometimes, the universe aligns, the stars find their place in the sky, and Jiwoo’s warm hand falls perfectly on top of Sooyoung’s cool one.

Sometimes, they share a bed. It’s perfect. Neither of their parents suspect anything— they’re just teenage girls, having a sleepover. That’s all. So Sooyoung gets to go to sleep with her nose touching Jiwoo’s neck and wake up with Jiwoo’s weight on her and hair in .

Maybe it’s messy. Maybe it’s sloppy. But it’s perfect, perfect, perfect.

They go on dates. At least, they call them dates, but it’s mostly same as before. Before this, this wonderful, magical new relationship. They walk down the beach, but now, Sooyoung clutches Jiwoo’s hand, and her girlfriend’s thumb massages the back of Sooyoung’s palm. They go eat lunch in different cafés, the same, the same, but before they make it to the train, Sooyoung pushes Jiwoo into a dark corner and places a few cool kisses on her lips.

That’s perfect too— the kissing. Maybe a little sloppy at first, them both being young, inexperienced girls. But they had learned, learned the way Sooyoung did best: research and experimentation. Jiwoo kisses Sooyoung. Sooyoung kisses Jiwoo. They kiss, and kiss, and kiss.

So sometimes it’s perfect. Other times? Maybe… not so much.

“You’re dating.” Park Chaewon says. It’s not a question. “Isn’t it a little… soon?”

Sooyoung’s heart pounds. This was what she was afraid of— she loves Chaewon, but she’s absolutely terrifying sometimes, and she’s also the person with the most authority in Jiwoo’s life. Her acceptance of them is everything.

Jiwoo blinks: once, twice. The butterflies in Sooyoung’s stomach flap, flap, flap, until they fly to and envelope her vocal chords. What will she do if Jiwoo agrees, or worse, says nothing?

But that’s not Jiwoo.

“Chaewonnie… I really like Sooyoung. And she really likes me— at least, I hope?” Jiwoo turns her bright eyes on Sooyoung, and it’s all she can do to simply nod. “And that’s all that matters, isn’t it? I mean, time and all that… It’s nothing, for two people who really like each other.”

And Chaewon smiles, and Jiwoo smiles, and so Sooyoung can’t help but smile, because who can resist a Kim Jiwoo smile?

There are other imperfect times— there are bound to be, of course.

But they’ll face them together, no matter what.

Because at the end of the day, Jiwoo’s hand will always come back to Sooyoung’s.