Chapter 4

Legally Blond

Jimin steps into the campus coffee shop and orders a latte before taking a seat in what looks to be the comfiest area of the café. He huffs as he drops his Civil Law textbook on the table, opening it up to the first page that he was apparently supposed to have already read. “I’ll show them prepared~” He grumbles to himself as he pulls out a couple of highlighters, a notebook, and some colored pens to begin taking notes.

He’s just over halfway through the chapter, the pages looking like a rainbow threw up on them and his handwriting getting progressively sloppier as his hand grows tired, when he hears someone clearing their throat. “Excuse me, but I believe you’re in my spot.”

Jimin looks up, the first thing his eyes focusing on being the soft purple hair the male sports before his gaze shifts to take in the full, ruffled appearance of the man who looks like he either had just woken up or hadn’t slept in over 48 hours. Still being slightly annoyed from what had happened in his first ever law class, Jimin responds with, “I don’t see your name anywhere.”

The man lets out a small chuckle, stepping a bit into the sitting area to tap the pen in his hand against a plaque on the wall.

Reserved for Min Yoongi

11:00-1:00 M-F

“Oh…” Jimin mumbles quietly, sheepishly avoiding eye contact. “Sorry, I’ll just move somewhere else.” He quickly starts to gather up his belongings to shove back in his backpack.

“Don’t bother~” Yoongi states, taking a seat in the armchair across from Jimin. “There aren’t any empty tables, and you seem like you’ve had a tough day. Just don’t bother me while I work, and you can stay.”

Jimin quietly thanks him, opening his textbook back up to the page he’d been on. After a few minutes of staring at the words, he realizes that he won’t be gaining his focus back anytime soon. He sighs quietly and glances up at the other male, seeing that he now had a pair of headphones around his neck and a laptop open in front of him, a composition book full of music notes in his lap. “Are you a music major?” Yoongi freezes for a second before looking up at Jimin with a hint of annoyance. “I know you asked me not to bother you, but I’ve been staring at this textbook for 45 minutes now and I’ve had a ty day, so a little conversation would be nice.”

Yoongi sighs and closes his composition book. “Alright, so we’re guessing each other’s majors. I’m assuming you’re a law student, based on that textbook.” Jimin nods a bit. “You don’t exactly look like the law type.”

Jimin shoots Yoongi a slight glare. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Yoongi shrugs. “You just seem a bit soft, like you’re not used to the competitiveness of the world of law.”

Jimin shrugs. “Maybe there just isn’t much competition where I come from.”

Yoongi purses his lips while nodding. “That is a very valid point, and the kind of loophole a lawyer always tries to find. Yep, definitely a law student.”

They partake in small talk for the next half hour before Yoongi abruptly stops responding to Jimin and focuses completely on his project, forcing Jimin to have to focus on the textbook in front of him again. Not long after their conversation ends, Jimin’s name is called by a very familiar name. Jimin looks up to see Sangmin standing just a few feet away from where he and Yoongi are sitting. “Oh, hi, Sangmin!” Jimin quickly shoves all of his supplies into his backpack and jumps up to converse with the male. “How was your day?”

“Fine~” Sangmin responds, his tone still full of confusion as if he’s still trying to process Jimin being there. “And yours?”

Jimin shrugs a bit. “Not exactly the best, but what else can you expect from a first day?” Jimin understates his true feelings about what has gone on so far, as he’s still very much trying to impress Sangmin and win him back over. Jimin opens his mouth to say more when the girl who had suggested he be kicked out of class walks up, handing Sangmin a coffee.

Jimin’s trying hard not to full on glare at the girl when Sangmin speaks. “Jimin, have you met Jeongyeon?” He asks, stuttering slightly out of awkwardness.

“Not exactly~” Jimin says with a forced smile. “Can we help you?”

Jeongyeon shakes her head. “Nope, I’m just giving my fiancé his drink.” With that, Jeongyeon not so subtly shows off the ring on her left hand.

“Fiancé?” Jimin repeats as a question, trying to ignore the pain in his chest at the word. “I didn’t realize…congratulations.” He says half-heartedly, plotting the best way to get out of this situation and run into his best friend’s arms for comfort.

“Our families have known each other for years and we caught up this summer when we found out we were both going here and-“

Jeongyeon cuts off Sangmin’s attempts at explaining awkwardly. “Wait, you’re that Jimin?” She asks, looking at Jimin with a slight expression of distaste. “Shouldn’t you be twirling around in a pair of tights somewhere?”

Jimin bites his lip slightly before responding. “No, but I do have somewhere I need to be, so if you’ll excuse me.” He rushes out of the café, unaware of the purple haired man watching him leave, as had heard everything despite wearing headphones.

~

Jimin rushes into the hair salon, knowing well enough that if he wanted to find Taehyung, he would be there. Sure enough, Taehyung is sitting in Seokjin’s chair as the older male works on his newest hair color choice. “He’s engaged!”

Taehyung and Seokjin both look up at Jimin’s outburst, looks of shock on their faces as they hadn’t been expecting Jimin to show up screaming at them. “What?” Taehyung asks as Seokjin slowly begins to rub blue hair color into Taehyung hair again.

“Sangmin!” Jimin cries, collapsing into a chair next to them. “He’s engaged to some who thought it would be fun to humiliate me on the first day of classes!”

“Well he moves fast~” Taehyung mumbles under his breath before doing his best to comfort his best friend without getting up to hug him. “It’ll be okay, Jimin. Now you can focus on finding someone even better, even hotter than Sangmin.”

“But I don’t want someone ‘better’ or ‘hotter’!” Jimin wails. “I want Sangmin!”

“Then do what I did when I was in the same situation as you.” Seokjin speaks up, ignoring Taehyung exclamation of ‘how many boyfriends have you had?!’ “Sabotage her until you win him back.”

Jimin sniffles. “You really think that’s what I should do?”

Seokjin shrugs. “Either give up on him or do whatever it takes to get him back. The choice is yours.” Jimin nods slightly in agreement, wiping away some tears. “Now, have you met any hot lawyers or future lawyers yet? It’s been way too long since I’ve been with someone.”