Final

Tell Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Rustling sound all over the place, the echo bounces around the walls. Constant practices, cheerleaders moving one place to another. Everyone’s faces are familiar, but only some of them Hitomi really remembers. Each one of them loves cheerleading. Some may not. And sometimes leave when they don’t find it appealing anymore.

 

Sitting on the hardwood floor. Hitomi wonders off as she observes the people in front of her, practicing hard for the upcoming football tournament.

 

How many years has it been when she joined this team?

 

Was it five years?

 

Probably five since it’s also when her family moved here in Seoul.

 

“Hitomi! Get your here!”

 

The cheerleading captain calls her.

 

On reflex, Hitomi stands up quickly as she runs up to her teammates.

 

She wasn’t needed there anyways.

 

Already five years in the team, she’s still a backup. In all honesty, she already gave up becoming an official member of the team

 

What’s the point of practicing anyways’?

 

A slight nudge on her shoulder she felt. With an unamused face, she looks at her best friend Yabuki Nako.

 

A stupid smile plastered on her face.

 

Obviously, there’s news.

 

“Did you hear?”

 

“Heard what?”

 

“Our classroom speaker once again abrupted by this KC.”

 

Hitomi sighs hearing upon the usual news.

 

It all started three or more months since the incident happened. The daily lecture of Ms. Yoo is all she could hear until ‘someone’ breaks into the broadcasting room.

 

At first, she thought it’s a stupid prank by some student.

 

“I’m KC.”

 

Not until she heard her name.

 

“To Honda Hitomi.”

 

All eyes were on her even Ms. Yoo who never really have eye contact with its student (probably know to herself that every student in the class is asleep), looked at her.

 

“I dedicate this song to you.”

 

That was the start of it all, a simple song. It became frequent, almost in a pattern.

 

The first week of the month would be Thursday.

 

The second week of the month would be Monday.

 

The third week of the month would be Thursday once more.

 

Then the fourth week will be none.

 

If Hitomi would be honest, it was heart fluttering at first.

 

If only she’s not the one who would get scolded by the teacher, even by the principal.

 

“You’ll be fine, the staff already knows it wasn’t your fault to begin with.” Nako moves slightly closer to Hitomi as she pats the girl’s back.

 

“I hope so… I’m worried this will get into my record.”

 

“It won’t, I assure of you that Hitomi.”

 

Twelve noon. Her lunch starts. Grabbing her pocket money from her bag. Hitomi heads to the cafeteria.

 

As she steps into the full-packed cafeteria. There she saw her two best friends.

 

Yabuki Nako and Miyawaki Sakura.

 

Sitting across the two, she looks left and right.

 

The usual group of friends is still there.

 

To the right, is the group of the Student Council. Eating quietly as they do their paper works separately.

 

To the left, is the group of the dancers of the school. With their usual loudness, more likely the senior Choi Yena fighting with student Lee Chaeyeon for her homemade bento.

 

As if on cue, the following two groups fans scream. Fangirling over the two groups, except for theirs.

 

“It’s quite weird…”

 

Hitomi munches her bread, questioning her Sakura unnie with her eyes.

 

“Chaewon’s fans keep on increasing, don’t you think?”

 

Nodding upon her unnie’s analyzation. She does quite agree with her. The familiar faces that weren’t cheering for Chaewon. All of a sudden, only cheers for her.

 

Discreetly looking at the Student Council’s Secretary. How come she didn’t saw it before?

 

Chaewon changed her hair color.

 

Black to somewhat reddish color.

 

In fact, it looks great on her.

 

No wonder they changed.

 

As if Chaewon could sense her subtly observing the girl. Their eyes met for a second, as Chaewon pulls out and focuses upon her own paper works. Unknown and unable to pinpoint.

 

There’s a slight tint of pink on the girl’s cheeks.

 

Whipping out the thought out of her brain. Hitomi goes back on eating her favorite daily bread.

 

~~~~

 

Exactly six o’clock in the afternoon, Hitomi enters the bakery wherein she works at. She waves and greets everyone a hello.

 

Hitomi opens the door to the staff room, as she grabs an apron to wear for the whole duration of her work.

 

Hearing several shouting outside. She heads out where the source of noise is coming from. There in the middle, she sees a rather familiar person, kneeling on the floor, grabbing all the fallen bread on the floor.

 

A cap was covering the girl’s face.

 

Hitomi’s eyes widen as the girl stand up, properly seeing her face.

 

Kim Chaewon?

 

Her manager is fuming with anger with the secretary. Not knowing what happened, Hitomi tries to calm down her unnie.

 

“Hyewon unnie, what happened?”

 

“Look all the bread fallen on the floor! That girl threw everything on the floor.”

 

Hitomi never saw Hyewon this angry before. The calm and recollected unnie would usually on her own world, vexed right now.

 

Seeing how Chaewon is fumbling with her fingers, the manager is telling the truth.

 

“Is that true?”

 

“N-no… I was just…”

 

In hind sight, Hitomi sees how Chaewon bit her tongue preventing herself from talking further. Making her more suspicious than ever.

 

“Yes… I actually did, but it was an accident! I’ll pay for everything.”

 

They were lucky there’s no customer around seeing nor videoing this incident.

 

Chaewon immediately whips out her credit card. Hitomi at her tip, the card. Stops as Hyewon talks, in an agonized sigh, escapes her breath.

 

“That’s not the problem.”

 

Both of Hitomi and Chaewon look the girl with questioning eyes.

 

“The food is wasted! I could’ve eaten those later on closing time.” Hyewon heaves a huff, leaving the two smile at one another.

 

Of course, it's about the food that Hyewon is really worried about.

 

“Ah, here’s the card,” Chaewon politely give it out to Hitomi, not leaving her eyes for a second on the girl.

 

Finishing punching all of Chaewon’s bread that has fallen, Hitomi leads Chaewon outside since Hyewon doesn’t trust the secretary even a second on the store.

 

“I’m really sorry about Hyewon unnie, she really loves her food.”

 

Chaewon only responded with a slight nod.

 

“Please come back again!” Hitomi waves off Chaewon, now that the girl walks off.

 

The following day, Chaewon visited Enozi Bakery.

 

Hitomi smiles as soon as she saw the girl, nervously scanning around the freshly new bread. For about a good twenty minutes the secretary still couldn’t pick a choice of bread. Hitomi approaches the girl, to help.

 

“Uhm, may I help you on choosing? You seem troubled.”

 

There was this smile again Chaewon is possessing just like yesterdays. She can’t pinpoint what it is. Yet, it makes her feel quite nervous.

 

“Uhhh… yeah. What do you like?”

 

Hitomi saw how Chaewon’s eyes open a bit larger upon realizing her words. It fascinates Hitomi on how the Student Council secretary would be like this.

 

“I meant… what is the best seller around here?”

 

She ponders for a second on what to reply to Chaewon. There’s quite a lot of bestsellers around here. Especially the cream bread – her favorite.

 

“The cream bread is quite famous.”

 

“I’ll get three of those.”

 

Checking out the order. Chaewon eyes still linger on Hitomi.

 

“Here’s your bread, thank you.” She hands out the bread. Chaewon walks away, stopping in the middle.

 

“Where’s the manager yesterday?”

 

“Oh, Hyewon unnie! She’s actually the owner of this store, but like being called a manager so she went out.”

 

Chaewon only nods at her.

 

To her surprise, Chaewon without a word leaves a piece of cream bread on the counter. It could be something more. Usually, its something more when someone leaves you food. Its Chaewon we’re talking about, quite impossible.

 

For the next few days, Chaewon visited the bakery for several minutes. They would have a small conversation whenever she would try to help the girl on choosing bread. Turns out, Chaewon didn’t really like bread but is trying it for unknown reasons. The girl wouldn’t tell whenever Hitomi ask.

 

Kim Chaewon was her full name. She already knows the fact since they’re both classmates. Amidst of being classmates, they actually never interacted. Especially on how the girl would usually not attend classes, considering the girl have special treatment from the school. The girl turns out to be one year older than her, it was hard to tell since she looked around her age.

 

Particularly, it was weird on how Chaewon would leave a piece of bread for Hitomi. She would just assume for the gratitude of making her choose a flavor of the bread. Hyewon says otherwise, saying the girl like her.

 

False.

 

Chaewon is quite perfect. Being a failed cheerleader, she would never be recognized as big as the great Kim Chaewon.

 

~~~~

 

Hitomi would usually feel second-hand embarrassment from whatever antics Nako or Sakura would do.

 

Right now, she feels embarrassed more than she does at this moment.

 

It was a mistake telling her friends regarding how Chaewon would stop on the bakery every day since the last week. Not even leaving out the detail, the girl would also give her a piece of bread.

 

Unfortunately for her. Her two best friends decided on saying ‘hi’ to the Student Council secretary. There’s nothing wrong with that, not only to the fact they asked.

 

“Do you like Hii-chan?”

 

It was also fine if nobody was there to hear that. Somehow Nako and Sakura managed to be loud and obnoxious, on their classroom.

 

As if on chorus, the whole class erupts of laughter and snorts in response to the question.

 

“That would never happen!” Jiwoo shouts out loud. The volume of her fellow classmate increases in volume. Hitomi just lowers her head in embarrassment of her two friends doing.

 

“Yeah, never…”

 

Chaewon stiffened, laughing apprehensively.

 

Hitomi would like to ignore the fact that she never listened to her rational side or to the fact she heard those words. Somehow, she was quite hopeful.

 

A tint of hope.

 

It’s gone by now.

 

In the following hours, her two best friends tell their share of apology to her.

 

Firstly, she already forgave them. Even to the fact, she’s forcing the thought that it’s not their entirely their fault. Actually hers.

 

She did tell them in the first place.

 

Second, Hitomi is quite glad. It confirmed all of her assumptions on Chaewon’s motives. The secretary might be just too kind.

 

However, Sakura and Nako would tell her. It was weird to say.

 

Chaewon is cold as ice. One could say a devil.

 

Her eyes would always scream “Get the away with me.”

 

Similarly, she did saw those eyes. Quite a few times.

 

But, the look on Chaewon is too soft whenever they talk. To the extent, one would say she’s shooting out hearts on her eyes.

 

She isn’t complaining.

 

The girl might just feel comfortable around her.

 

Hitomi thought Chaewon wouldn’t come to the shop later this afternoon, but find her walking back and forth in front of the store.

 

“Hey,” Hitomi calls out Chaewon, who jumped a little bit on her place.

 

“Hey…” Chaewon replies, quite in an awkward tone. With her eyes darting anywhere, just not Hitomi’s. And she saw that.

 

“Our bread is freshly baked today, come in.”

 

Oddly, there’s a glint of happiness on the secretary’s eyes.

 

“Sure.”

 

If she didn’t know any better, the part-timer would’ve assumed how the girl’s tone sound so delighted and thrilled.

 

It’s just her imagination, as always.

 

They’re just friends.

 

Perhaps, not even friends.

 

Even nether than that.

 

~~~~

 

“Hello, this is KC.”

 

Hitomi exasperated a sigh.

 

It's KC. Once again.

 

Everyone in the classroom stifled a laugh. Several gazes over Hitomi, as they shook their heads upon hearing the announcement of KC.

 

Unusual.

 

KC’s introduction is unusual.

 

“I want to say. I’m sorry, Hitomi-san.”

 

Huh?

 

Like A Fool by Twice

 

You’ve thrown a stone at my quiet heart

Maybe you don’t know

Tell me, maybe what you said before

Was just a joke, oh

 

I want to tell you, Without sounding awkward

But it won’t turn out well, I’ll look back and regret it

Like a fool

You’re always in my heart

But I’m just impatiently waiting, yeah

I’m like a fool

 

Girl I’m your fool

GirI’m your fool

 

It might be a childish thought,It might just be an illusion

I might regret it, But girl you’re my first love

Oh don’t you play with my head

Hey, don’t laugh like that, Because I’m serious

 

What should I do?

Will you let me know?

I wanna wanna say it

 

I want to tell you, Without sounding awkward

But it won’t turn out well, I’ll look back and regret it

Like a fool

You’re always in my heart

But I’m just impatiently waiting, yeah

I’m like a fool

 

My feelings are becoming clearer

Gently getting closer, closer, closer to you, yeah

I want to come close and tell you

I’m in love with you

Tell me you too

 

I want to tell you, Without sounding awkward

But it won’t turn out well, I’ll look back and regret it

Like a fool

You’re always in my heart

But I’m just impatiently waiting, yeah

I’m like a fool

 

I’m hesitating so I won’t get hurt

Even though I try to get my courage up, It won’t turn out well

Like I’m a fool

You’re the only one in my heart

I can’t tell you, But I want to show you

Girl I am your fool

 

“For the last time… I’m really sorry, Hitomi-san for saying those words.”

 

The whole class went quiet after the out of ordinary song choice of the secret admirer of Hitomi. All of them turn their heads to Hitomi’s direction like meerkats.

 

The usual songs would be a cheery one. Besides, it’s the fourth week of the month.

 

Totally peculiar.

 

Hitomi whose lost in thought. After all of that, why is this “KC’’ saying sorry?

 

For a second, a look of uncertainty flashed across Hitomi’s face, before her gaze turns around to the class door opened. Revealing Kim Chaewon with a blank look. Her eyes seemed to drill right into the secretary to get its attention.

 

Unconsciously, Hitomi squirms herself from her seat. Taken aback by the empty and stony eyes of Chaewon.

 

The homeroom teacher coughs, with all the student eyes on the secretary.

 

Garnering everyone’s attention, Ms. Song announces the new seating plan of the class.

 

“Kim Chaewon and Honda Hitomi.”

 

Stuffing herself from the piled books. She heaves a long and dramatic sigh.

 

Out of all people, Kim Chaewon just has to be her seatmate for the whole semester.

 

Surprisingly, Hitomi found herself avoiding Chaewon’s direct stare as she takes her seat beside hers.

 

“Hey…”

 

Chaewon tries to ease the tension between them. Hitomi notices the effort of the girl, but rather don’t want to associate herself with the secretary when it's class time.

 

She did get rejected. Indirectly.

 

Hitomi responds with a strained smile.

 

This time she won’t say anything. Instead, she wondered quietly on why the girl is making an effort to her. Maybe its because they’ll be facing each other sooner or later.

 

The silence between them transcends throughout the class until it ended.

 

Hitomi’s hands held both of the straps of her bag, as per walking out of school to her part-time job.

 

“Hitomi!”

 

Hopefully, she heard it wrong. That was definitely Chaewon’s voice, almost like in a hurry. After everything, she speeds up on walking.

 

In a matter of seconds. The girl is already beside her, walking side by side.

 

What was she hoping?

 

Nothing.

 

Probably Chaewon is going to the bakery, as per her new daily routine.

 

“Let’s go to the bakery together.”

 

Bingo.

 

Inside, she could feel herself doubt with the intention of the girl.

 

But Hitomi knew this time, she’d not ask.

 

Knowing already, Chaewon made it clear. She just wants to go to the bakery.

 

Hitomi stops, as Chaewon halted her steps. Looking up to the girl’s eyes there was a hint of disappointment.

 

“Chaewon unnie?”

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

Nothing.

 

That word always means the opposite. Maybe, Chaewon is not feeling well. Her body moves according to its own, holding the hands of the secretary.

 

She gently smiles to answer the flabbergasted look of Chaewon.

 

Somehow all throughout the walk, they were holding each other’s hands.

 

“That’s weird…” Hyewon starts off, looking at Hitomi suspiciously.

 

Hitomi understands the concern of the older girl. She never went to the bakery along with someone. Especially not Sakura or Nako.

 

“Chaewon unnie just want company.”

 

“Not that, obviously there’s something going on with both of you. I’m talking about that I’m still not hungry. After not eating for the past three hours!”

 

Hitomi arched a brow with Hyewon’s sentiment.

 

This unnie and her food.

 

“By the way, you can go now. I’ll be closing the store.”

 

“Why are we closing early?”

 

“Mom reserved a dinner at a restaurant. She’ll be paying the food!” Hyewon exclaims in a gleeful manner. Waving goodbye to the owner, Hitomi heads out.

 

As if her day was already bad.

 

Suddenly it went worst.

 

It was raining. Pouring so hard.

 

Running off to the closest shelter she could find, there she arrives a small closed takoyaki stall.

 

An expensive mint colored sedan stops in front of her. Definitely eye-catching.

 

She couldn’t but feel anxious as the windows lower. Revealing Kim Chaewon.

 

Why do they keep on seeing each other?

 

“Hope in.” Chaewon’s tone is full of authority as if there’s no room for rejection or argument. It was way out of her usual tonality whenever they both interact.

 

Opening the car’s door. Hitomi enters Chaewon’s car.

 

She didn’t even know the girl already have a car.

 

The car was dimly lit. Smelling like mint, like its color.

 

“Uhm... Hitomi, where do you live?”

 

“Just leave me on the nearest bus stop, I can handle myself.”

 

“No! I mean… I can bring you home.”

 

Chaewon insists. If Hitomi learns a one or more lessons from the older girl, its that she can’t reject whatever the secretary says.

 

“Okay… it’s on XXX.”

 

It was eerily quiet after Hitomi told her place. She stood still on the car, watching over the rain. Patiently waiting for her to arrive home.

 

In just a matter of minutes, they have arrived at her home. It wasn’t as grand, but it's comfortable enough to live in.

 

Before even Hitomi opens the door, Chaewon holds her hand in an attempt of stopping her from going out.

 

Hitomi winces. At this moment she’s scared on what will be the girl’s expression when she looks at her face to face.

 

Turns out to be the opposite.

 

“Hitomi, are you avoiding me?”

 

It comes more off as accusatory than Chaewon intended. Honestly, Hitomi is a little intimidated around the girl since they weren’t close in the first place, or in ever.

 

Chaewon in a deep breath, making Hitomi wonder on the girl’s thoughts exactly.

 

“Not really…”

 

“So you are,” the despairing, dejected expression of Chaewon’s face caught her eyes.

 

Hitomi is silent for an extended moment, she has a reason. As she tries to defend herself in her brain, it came out higher than intended.

 

“Well… you did tell people somehow ‘I’m bad’ of a choice.”

 

“About that…”

 

Chaewon takes a pregnant pause before continuing her sentence.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Chaewon calmly said, but sincere enough to make Hitomi realize she’s being hard on the girl.

 

It was a rare sight seeing and hearing the secretary say a ‘sorry’. Like earlier, the girl is cold as ice, perhaps even colder than ice.

 

Hitomi dwelled on the word ‘sorry’ as she remembers KC, saying a sorry, sweeter of course. She frowns for a second thinking did she just called KC, sweet? Undoubtedly, she already did in the past.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“Also, if you can join me for a drink? As a thank you for today.”

 

Hitomi offers to the older girl.

 

Chaewon words came out noncoherent enough to fail Hitomi understanding the latter’s words.

 

“A drink?” the girl’s voice nearly cracks in between. Hitomi stifles her laughter by biting her cheeks.

 

“Yes, a drink. Somewhere not at the bakery,” the part-timer confirms.

 

It was a simple invitation, somehow Chaewon’s face turns into the shade of her hair.

 

With a smile, Hitomi said her final words before entering her house.

 

“A drink it is.”

 

She goes into the bathroom, to change into clean clothes, but her mind seems can’t help remember her interaction with Chaewon. Also, KC’s sweet gesture earlier in class.

 

It seems like de ja vu when Chaewon said sorry.

 

She glances over a mirror, finding herself smiling tentatively. No trace of annoyance to both.

 

Her phone rings several times before she grabs it. The notification only made her throw out the phone – on the soft bed.

 

Reminder!!

Cheerleading practice tomorrow! Get ready!

Fighting!!

 

She almost forgot about cheerleading. It was bound to happen anyways, snapping her back from reality from the past two stressful days.

 

Cheerleading alone can be overwhelming for her, not only for her but anyone on the team. Besides, again. What’s the point on joining something you’ll never be recognized of your hard work?

 

~~~~

 

There was an unsettling feeling. One that could make her feel on the edge of a cliff.

 

The practice today is for the upcoming competition between schools. Hitomi already finishes performing her part. She intended it to be perfect. Ending up having small mistakes right here and there.

 

It was Chaewon’s fault most of the part.

 

The girl’s eyes were darting back and forth to hers and suddenly anywhere but not hers. Then she would just stare off at her, piercing through her soul even.

 

Amidst of that, she’s glad that the girl came. Even unannounced. Maybe, it wasn’t even for her in the first place and she just assumed the girl went to watch for her.

 

Hitomi heard gossips from other cheerleaders that this day is the real evaluation. In which they choose the representatives for the upcoming evaluation.

 

She just hopes the gossips aren’t real.

 

She did mess it up.

 

Scanning the place. The nervous cheerleader hasn’t seen Chaewon around the place any longer. More likely went out by now.

 

On her right, which was vacant earlier.

 

There she is, you see her watching the other cheerleader’s practicing. In a serious note, Chaewon isn’t even focusing on them.

 

“When did you got here?”

 

Chaewon turns to her face. She immediately just drops a playful pout.

 

“Why I can’t be here?” she says in protest.

 

Feeling flustered by the sudden words of the secretary. Hitomi waves her hands frantically.

 

“No! I mean no… it's fine.”

 

Hitomi could see the teasing smile of Chaewon, as she chuckles lightly with her reaction. Turning back her attention to the cheerleading, there is the head. Lee Gaeun. With her papers on hand.

 

“All of you sit down. I’m announcing the fifteen people passed on the evaluation.”

 

Her heart drops with the sudden announcement. All the murmurs from her left stating that the gossips are real. The negative thoughts flooding her mind, knowing this year will be like the other years.

 

A tight warm grip on the nervous cheerleader hands, oddly comforting her. Seeing Chaewon smiling, the one warm and secure type. As if in one flick, all the nervousness suddenly washes out from her system.

 

One. Two. Three. Four. And it continues.

 

The chosen people are the usual ones. Obviously, Hitomi knows to herself, she’ll never be on that team. Chaewon’s softly squeezed her thumb as Gaeun announces thirteen students that have been chosen.

 

“Honda Hitomi. Congratulations.”

 

Gaeun announces, with her usual bright smile. Proud that Hitomi finally joins the team, knowing that the girl has trained hard than most of the girls here in the gymnasium.

 

On cue Hitomi falls from the sudden announcement, Chaewon pulling her closer, preventing her from injuring herself.

 

“Congrats. Hitomi.” Chaewon looks at the now pleased cheerleader with a delighted smile on her face.

 

Actually, Chaewon might be more overjoyed with the announcement than Hitomi herself.

 

“Hey, you might need to go to Gaeun unnie now.”

 

Hitomi replies with a slight nod. Still sinking in the surprising occurrence for today.

 

“See you later at the bakery.”

 

And just like that Chaewon left, while Hitomi runs off still feeling exhilarated to the center of the gym, where Gaeun is stationed at.

 

Gaeun only congratulated each one of them and a small pep talk for the upcoming competition. Especially to Hitomi, Gaeun whole-heartedly welcomes the girl on the team.

 

Never once ever in her life, she imagines being here.

 

~~~~

 

“Hiiiiii-chan!!”

 

Nako screams on top of her lungs upon seeing the girl. With her small feet, she runs off to Hitomi. Hugging her on the second they’ve closed the gap.

 

“Congrats. You finally made it on the team!”

 

“I-I knew you could do it. I-I---”

 

Hitomi pulls Nako closer to her, crying out of nowhere.

 

She appreciates the gesture of her best friend. They’ve been together for the past five years and both of Sakura and Nako knows how much she always dreamt on being part of the team.

 

“Yah! You’re happier than I am!” Hitomi teases the older-by-months friend in front of her. Nako sniffles in an attempt on composing herself.

 

“Also! Sakura is giving us a surprise. Let’s go!”

 

Just like that Hitomi got dragged by Nako to the dance studio.

 

After entering the dance studio, there Sakura standing while holding hands with… Lee Chaeyeon?

 

A part of her wanted to indulge her curiosity. Why are they holding hands? More importantly, why did her Sakura unnie hid it from them? But the other part of her thought that they’re just friends.

 

Friends with the famous feather dancer.

 

“We’re dating Hii-chan and Nako-chan…” A slight pink cross on both of the girl’s face.

 

Hesitation. Hitomi looked downward to Nako. There was a sudden urge to hold the girl. Nako didn’t like keeping secrets. Especially regarding this type.

 

Hitomi knows Nako feel betrayed. They know each other, every single detail.

 

They just don’t know, if they know Sakura anymore.

 

But if she looked into her unnie’s view. She might have much more worries than both of them have now.

 

A girl and a girl.

 

That’s frowned upon by their society. Korea sure is opening up, but there’s still more homophobes than those are accepting.

 

“Congratulation Saku-chan!” Hitomi congratulates the older girl, with a smile over her face.

 

“Thank you for accepting us…” Sakura sniffles, preventing herself from crying any further. Hitomi signals Nako on joining them. Nako moved over to them hugging the two with her small structure.

 

“You need some explaining to do Saku-chan!”

 

There was nothing to say. Sakura smiles faintly, agreeing to the girl’s demand.

 

“Also, would you like to meet my crew?”

 

Chaeyeon interjects. Hitomi and Nako agree, knowing that they should still know who their unnie is dating, after all, they’re still like family.              

 

~~~~

 

“What’s bothering you?”

 

Hitomi who was mixing and churning her remaining drink. Her lips together, in an attempt to talk.

 

“Well… I really can’t say. Since it regarding about Saku-chan.”

 

Hitomi could feel Chaewon’s sharp-eye. For what reason, she couldn’t tell.

 

It was peculiar.

 

The secretary’s eyes soften, she wasn’t sure. But the girl understands her by now, the reason she’s acting that way.

 

“It’s okay, no need to tell me.”

 

Hitomi cocked her head to the side. There’s this look on Chaewon that she wants to tell something. She was hesitating.

 

“Uhm… could I take your offer on Sunday?”

 

That what it’s about.

 

“Sure.”

 

She chuckled and nodded her head.

 

“On Sunday…” Chaewon faintly smiles, murmuring those two words repeatedly.

 

She left a piece of cream bread on the counter, before leaving the bakery.

 

~~~~

 

Idling on her phone. Hitomi sees a notification pop out.

 

Unknown number.

 

A name caught her attention along with the unknown number.

 

This is Kim Chaewon.

 

Too formal. Hitomi sniffles a laugh with Chaewon’s unexpected message.

 

Now that she thinks about it. How did the girl get her number?

 

Can you tell me how did you get my number?

 

Uhm… I got it from the student files.

Sorry about that.

Tomorrow is Saturday, and we haven’t really talked about the plan.

Sorry, I forgot about it.

 

It’s fine, you’ve been busy with practice and the bakery for the past days.

Just dress up casually.

I’ll be picking you up tomorrow.

Sure ^-^

Goodnight.

Goodnight~~

That was oddly weird from their first message.

 

A good night on top of that?

 

Chaewon is considerate enough to text that.

 

The secretary might not be that bad, as people would say about her.

 

~~~~

 

“Hope in.”

 

Looking around where the voice is located, Hitomi’s eye caught on a pair of pearly bro

Please log in to read the full chapter