Private Account

Private Account
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin has always been a user of Social media applications, especially Twitter. She and Yena had been posting a lot on twitter under the handles 'ahnyuding' and 'duckquackie' respectively.

Today, she hanged out at Yena's house and the two are still conversing on Twitter as usual when the worse half of the two noticed something.

"Hey Yujin, take a look at this," Yena pointed on her twitter. The page was on their tweets.

Yujin then noticed the number of likes. "2 likes?" She tilted her head in confusion. "Who, other than you, would like my tweets?" Yujin asked, dumbfounded.

"Beats me. I'll take a look." Yena clicked the number of likes to see who liked the post.

This appeared.

Yena was weirded out, to say the least. "Okay…? It's a private account?"

"What the heck? A private account looking at and liking my tweets? Scary," Yujin muttered.

Yena shrugged. "Who knows? It might be a pretty lady. Time to score your single a girlfriend--"

Yujin hit Yena before she could even finish her sentence. "Sheesh, it's not. They probably liked it by accident."

Yena clicked her tongue. "Whatever, I'll say hi to the girl!" Yena proceeded to tweet something in the lines of 'Heya, random stranger who liked my friend's tweet! She's single and ready to mingle!'

Yujin saw the tweet and immediately hit Yena. "Dang it, Yena! That's embarrassing!"

"Aww, come on! The person might be friendly!"

"Friendly!? WHAT IF IT'S A CREEP!?"

"No worries!"

Seconds later, they saw a like on Yena's but the same thing happened. There was no liker.

"Mama!" Yena ran upstairs to her mother's room. She could hear Yena's being whooped by her mother afterwards.

Yujin looked at the tweet once more. "I wonder who this is."

Meanwhile, at a high-rise apartment, a girl bit her lip. She was pretty. Her visuals could probably make one forget they had a wife or a girlfriend. As pretty as she was, she was never satisfied for the object of her affections doesn't really approach her at school.

"Yujin-ah..." She muttered. To compensate for the fact that the girl never approaches her, she stalks the said girl online. However, she made a big blunder today and that was liking one of her tweets which a duck immediately caught on and deduced immediately as if she had more brain cells than what she claimed to have. Well, she doesn't really know who was behind the like on the tweet which Minju silently thanks.

She maintains her secret well, thanks to having a public account. Her public handle is 'k.minju0205' while her private one is 'notpepe0205'.

***

It was the next day and they are in school. The classes dragged on longer than what it felt to be and both Yena and Yujin were on their limits. Yujin opened her phone but was careful not to be seen by the teacher.

She posted a tweet.

"The classes sure are boring... Send help asap"

Minju suddenly felt her phone vibrate and she saw a notification from Yujin's twitter. She opened the application, thanking the gods that their desks could hide the phones where they usually put their books and it was just the right height so Minju could type her reply. She thought that since it was out that a private account was following and liking Yujin's posts, why not reply as well?

Using her private account, she replied,

"same same, yujin-ah"

Minju knew full well she couldn't call Yujin that in real life and thus resorted to a cowardly action such as producing a private account, stalking your crush, and oh, commenting everything you want using said account because it's not as if the one she stalks could read it, no? Minju sighed and turned off the screen of her phone, concentrating on the boring lessons.

Yujin refreshed her account only to see what the coward did. She saw that there was a reply to her tweet but when she clicked the tweet, zilch, nada. Yujin messaged Yena and sent the screenshot to the girl.

Yena grinned.

"She really likes you, huh?" - Yena

Yujin got annoyed by the remark and waited until the teacher had turned her back on them. When the teacher did so, Yujin threw an eraser at the back of Yena's head.

"OWW!"

The professor turned around only to see that nothing happened.

"Hmm? Must be my imagination, I guess?" mumbled the teacher.

Yena was a good actress after all. Their 10 other classmates kept mum about it because they wanted no detention and the current teacher liked giving detention to a whole class even though only 2 people did the act. Yena thought she wasn't going to get anything from their class president, Kwon Eunbi, but Eunbi's glare made her turn silent.

Minju chuckled in silence as she saw what happened.

Yujin posted another on her Twitter account.

"I swear. If I catch the person who has been replying to my tweets, I will make them treat me to a lot of tteokboki."

Minju received another notification, of course, and she immediately opened her phone and replied using the same account.

"A date? Sounds good. Pick me up at 9 tomorrow, Yujin-ah."

One could say she's borrowing her confidence from the status of being a private account but Minju didn't care. She just wanted to at least make Yujin feel something for her, even annoyance. After replying to her tweet, Minju immediately closed her phone.

Yujin refreshed her account page and saw 1 reply again. 'I swear if it's the private account again, I'll flip.' She clicked the tweet. And saw... 0 replies even though the tweet was supposed to have 1 reply. "Dang it." Yujin cursed under her breath.

Several hours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter