End.

Could today get worse?

This day was not going Nancy's way at all.

First, she over slept her alarm because she stayed up a good portion of the night writing a paper for her least favorite class.

Second, she wasn't able to eat anything and had to quickly get ready and almost forgot her umbrella in the process.

Third, she ended up missing the bus anyway and had to wait for the next one which in turn made her late for her first class...the class she stayed up to write the paper for.

Four, she was scolded by the teacher...Nancy never gets scolded. Of course her roommate, Joowon, was sitting there laughing at her from her seat. It was humiliating.

How could this day get any worse?

Nancy sat in her last class bored out of her mind, physics would be better if her teacher wasn't so monotoned. If it wasn't for the fact that she didn't want to get in trouble she would have pulled out her phone but instead she decided to spare glances towards the clock here and there.

A sigh of relief felt appropriate when the teacher finally called the class over for the day. Nancy couldn't have fled from that classroom faster but when she got outside the apparent wetness of the ground made Nancy realize it was still raining.

"Where's my umbrella?" Nancy asked herself as she realized the blue umbrella was not in her hands as it had been in the morning.

"This can't be happening" Nancy whined as she pulled out her phone, there was a text notification from Joowon.

"I'm borrowing your umbrella! I hope you don't mind, I would have asked you but you seemed lost in thought ≧◡≦"

Nancy angrily stuffed her phone back into her pocket, "I'm going to eat all those girl's snacks when I get back to our room"

The walk in the rain didn't start that bad, it was just a light drizzle but that ended quickly and it began to pour shocking the annoyed girl. In that moment she spotted a bakery and she automatically ran inside to hide herself anyway from the rain.

The place had a slow ballad playing which surprised Nancy but she wasn't opposed to it. Nancy looked down at her soaked clothing and pouted.

"Its getting pretty bad out there, huh?"

Nancy jumped at the voice but when she looked up she was greeted to the sight of the most beautiful girl in the world. She had long black hair, big bright eyes, and soft looking lips-

"Hello?"

The voice snapped Nancy out of her trance, "oh uh...yeah it is"

"You seem very distracted" the girl at the counter said with a small laugh, it was almost angelic to Nancy.

"Its been a very long day" Nancy mumbled with a small sigh as she made her way to the counter now being able to see that the pretty girl was wearing a name tag. Her name was "Hyunjin"

"Well does the distracted girl who had a long day want something to eat while she waits out the rain?" Hyunjin asked as she pointed down at the array of pastries.

Nancy looked down and automatically her stomach growled causing her to flush and slap her hands over her stomach as if that would help.

"I believe that one says yes" Hyunjin laughed out.

"Sorry, that's really embarrassing" Nancy whimpered out as she looked at the different options.

"Nah, it was cute" Hyunjin said with a wide grin on her face as she grabbed a small plastic bag.

Nancy must have looked like a tomato right now, "o-oh" if she let herself over think she would almost think this incredibly attractive girl was flirting with her, "do you recommend anything?"

Hyunjin's eyes lit up, "yes! We have really great croissants!"

Nancy blinked at Hyunjin's sudden excitement but then giggled at how cute it was, "then I'll have two of them"

As Hyunjin was placing the croissants in the little plastic bag Nancy started to get her wallet out, "how much will that-"

"No need! They are on the house!"

"What?"

"They are on the house"

"Why?"

"Because you're pretty"

Nancy choked and her face reddened again, "you're um...very forward"

"You'll get used to it" Hyunjin said making sure to maintain her smile as she handed over the bag of croissants.

"I will?" Nancy questioned with a small playful raise of her brow.

"Assuming we see each other again but I'm not letting you leave here without my number so us seeing each other is a definite" Hyunjin said as she pulled out a small piece of paper and began to write her number down.

Nancy felt like she was going to explode but she needed to say something after that, "for someone so forward I'm surprised you haven't even asked my name yet"

By the look on Hyunjin's face she knew she had won on that one. Hyunjin gave her another smile as she pushed her number over the counter to Nancy. "You got me there but I had a feeling you were probably going to tell me anyway"

Nancy bit her bottom lip, "Nancy...my name is Nancy"

"A pretty name, my name is-"

"Hyunjin!" Nancy exclaimed, both of the girls stared at each other for a moment, "your nametag...your name is on your nametag"

Hyunjin glanced down and there was her name on the signature 'hi I'm ____' pin on her apron, "I guess it is, well Nancy the weather has cleared up a bit...should I expect a text?"

Nancy smiled, "yes of course, I'll make sure to tell you how much I enjoyed these" she emphasised what 'these' are by raising the bag of croissants.

They exchanged their goodbyes with smiles gracing both of their faces, perhaps today was better than how Nancy thought it was going to be.

Nancy closed the apartment door behind her with a smile as she entered the living room area of the apartment.

Joowon who sat on the couch stood up to face the weirdly cheery girl.

"Hey, you didn't reply to me is everything alright-"

Nancy moved forward and gave Joowon a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, "thank you!" Joowon blinked a few times as she watched Nancy skip off to her bedroom.

"Ummm what did I do??"