Momo's Rose

The Rose

Momo stared at Mina and wondered, how can someone bloomed like a rose? Beautiful, elegant, mysterious, enchanted but just like a rose, Mina has her own thorns. Thorns that Momo only knew. Mina can be irritating, over reacting, sulky, stubborn, jealous, insecure and short tempered sometimes but it's still Mina, Momo's Mitang.

You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass, since she's the one I sheltered behind the screen. Since she's the one for whom I killed the caterpillars (except the two or three butterflies). Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing at all. Since she's my rose.

She's beautiful, and never empty. She has a lot of love to share with others. Mina might be the most quiet member but she's loud at showing how much she love the members. She's attentive with all of them. She show her love by giving them presents or just by simply holding their hands. She's so beautiful, anyone would die for her.

Others might see Mina just Mina. An idol, a singer, a homebody, a penguin. But Mitang, Momo's Mitang, all on her own, is more important than anyone. Since she's the one Momo trained with, she's the one Momo shared her laughs and tears with, she's the one Momo took care of. She's the one Momo listened to when she's sad, angry, sulky or even most of the time, when she said nothing at all. She's Momo's rose, She's Momo's Mitang.

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.

No, the most beautiful thing in the world is right in front of her eyes, dragging her to see their parents. She is the most beautiful in this world, no questions asked. Momo was sure of it. She can feel it in her heart.

"Wait!" Momo said as she stopped her tracks. Mina looked at her confused. Momo smiled and hugged her tightly. 

"Happy Birthday Mitang" Momo said and placed a kiss on Mina's cheek. "Thank you, Momoring" Mina gave her a sweet smile then continued to drag her to where their parents are. 

Momoring. She almost forgot, she's Mina's Momoring. Does that mean she's Mina's rose too? Or maybe she's the fox that Mina had tamed.

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important

Wasted? It's not even the right word. Every seconds, minutes, hours that she had spent with Mina is never been a wasted time. It's the most precious time of her life. It's the time that she have spent for her Mitang that makes her so important.

---

"Momoring, thank you" Mina said while preparing to go home. 

Mina was so happy today. Not just because it's her birthday, but also because of all of the people who celebrated her birthday. Mina was so touched and thankful. No words can explain what she's feeling right now.

Though, there's a lot of people who made this day special, Momo was the one who made it extremely special. She never left Mina the whole day and stayed beside her. She's also the first one to greet her in their social media account.

"No Mitang, thank you. Thank you for being born" Though it might sound cheesy, it's the truth. Momo couldn't imagine the world without her Mitang. Mina blushed and giggled as she shyly slapped Momo's arm.

"You are not at all like my rose," he said. "As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first knew him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world."

There might be other roses around Momo but no one had tamed her like Mina. There's no one like Mina. All of them might be as beautiful, as kind, as talented or even better, but it's not her rose. It's not her Mitang. No one could compare to her. No one can compare to her. 

"Mitang" Momo loved it. Momo love calling her Mitang. It's like she's calling her hers. 

“The shame of it was that they loved each other. But they were both too young to know how to love.”

People call them tragic but they're not. There's a lot of things happening back then. Rumors, hatred, criticisms and a lot more. Life goes faster than she anticipate and Momo got lost controlling the pace. It's not that Momo didn't care. But just like the little Prince, Momo once doubted Mina's feelings for her, she also doubted her own feelings for Mina that's why she decided to distance herself. It's just a misunderstanding.

In those days, I didn't understand anything. I should have judged her according to her actions, not her words. She perfumed my planet and lit up my life. I should never have run away! I ought to have realized the tenderness underlying her silly pretensions. Flowers are so contradictory! But I was too young to know how to love her.

Mina isn't a fan of talking. Momo should've known better. Actions speak louder than words. Momo should have believed in Mina's action rather than her contradicting words, because that's where Mina can express her feelings more. Mina's bright smiles whenever she's around, the way Mina hold her hand, the way Mina hugs her, the way Mina stares at her. She should've believe in those actions. It screamed 'Love'.

Too young to know how to love. Too young to know what love is. But they are older now. Momo knows how to love her. Momo knows what is love. She knows these things because of her rose. It taught her what's the real meaning of love. 

It's the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important...People have forgotten this truth, but you mustn't forget it. You become responsible forever for what you've tamed. You're responsible for your rose.

She's responsible for her rose and Mina is responsible for what she have tamed. Did Mina forgot that they are responsible for each other? It is not too late isn't it?

"Momo? Stop daydreaming" Mina giggled and placed her head on Momo's shoulder. "Our parents will be here to fetch us in a few minutes" 

No, it's not too late. This is just the right time. Momo knows how to love her. Her journey while distancing herself to Mina made her realize and learn a lot of things. But all of the things that they've been through Momo got one conclusion, She loves her rose. 

"I got you a present" Momo said as she carefully grabbed her bag to get her present for Mina. "Here, for you" It's a rose inside a glass. Just like the one in the Little Prince.

Mina gasped as she looked at the present in awe. She didn't expect any gifts from her members not specifically from Momo.

"Mitang, will you be my rose?"

She'll love her rose better now. No doubts, no second thoughts, no holding backs. She'll love her rose the way she wanted and the way her rose needed to be loved. 

"Did you forgot?" Mina asked which made Momo confused. "Right from the start, I have always been your rose" Mina smiled which warms Momo's heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just a short one-shot for Mina's birthday!