Final ❤

"Untangle"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・☆・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・☆・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・*:.。..。.。o○*:.。..。.。o○*:.。..。.。o○*:.。..。.。o○*:.。..。.。o○*:.。..。.。o○*:.。..。.。o○☆・゜・*:.。.:*・☆・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・゜・*


 

Jinyoung can't help but roll his eyes when he spotted him, hair screaming purple, waving while seated right beside his desk.

Now, why is he here again?

 

"Good morning!"

He ignored the urge to roll his eyes again and just walked his way to his designated seat. Class is starting in five minutes, he doesn't have enough time to mind his presence.
 

Mark Tuan.

Jinyoung's "I know I'm charming" classmate/neighboor/childhood enemy/personal bully.

He has known Mark since they're both five years old. They're both living in the same neighborhood, and has been studying at the same school from elementary up until now, that they're both in their twelfth grade. He's seen all sides of Mark (mostly ranging from bad to worst). Mark is best when it comes to annoying the hell out of him.

Just like now.
 

"Good morning." Mark said the moment he sat down, this time softer, leaning in closer.

That only made Jinyoung roll his eyes for the second time. "What are you doing here?"

"This is chemistry right? Don't tell me I'm at the wrong class?"

His eyes rolled for the third time. "I mean, why are you in this class? Aren't you supposed to take this up last sem?"

Mark just smiled innocently. "I actually forgot to take it up last sem so..." he said, scratching the back of his head.

Okay that's it. You're ignoring him. How could someone forget to take up a whole class anyway? Jinyoung shook his head in disbelief.

The class started when their professor arrived. It's chemistry so it's a given that it's (a bit) boring. But Jinyoung is running for honors and aiming for grades which will help him get that admission to his dream college- Seoul National University. So he can't allow himself to get bored on any subject.

It's when the professor was giving the formative assessment when he heard Mark whispering.

"Can I have a paper?"

Jinyoung is only on his first class for the day and yet, he's already on his fourth eye roll. He could only thank heavens that he's only stuck with the guy in chemistry. He can't imagine having to spend the whole day with this annoying purple head. His blood will surely dry out!

He just handed Mark a sheet of paper with a sharp hiss, but it didn't bother the latter because now he's smiling cheekily. "Thanks."

Ugh. Save me.
 

______。o*★*o。_____


 

"But his hair is freakin' purple!"

Jinyoung exclaimed, voice rising a couple of octaves higher than the usual. He needed to stop himself from standing up and towering over the council's president who is seated in front of him.

Being a part of the student body organization, he was called on to a weekly meeting of the council. It is a time for discussing what happened, what is happening, and what still needs to be done. There's only five months remaining before Jinyoung and the rest of the seniors graduate leaving the council in the hands of the younger members.

As part of the council, it is his job (one of it) to establish rules and impose them on a consistent manner. Anyone who disobeys should be given a proper sanction.

So here he is, (complaining) talking about Mark Tuan and his refusal to abide the council's rules. It irks him, how bold the guy is, walking inside the school's premises with that purple hair of his, with those piercings, and with his uniform, not less than three buttons undone! Who does he think he is? A fashion model in a runway somewhere in Milan???

"But he does look good in purple."

But what irks him more is the fact that even their president is alarmingly okay with it.

"Let's just let it slide. He and his hair isn't doing us harm in any way."

Wow. Is he hearing it right? It's OKAY? She really said that it's okay? Hitting his palm on the table, Jinyoung stood his ground.

"But that will be unfair to everyone, Ye Eun! He gets away with it because he looks good in purple? Is that a valid reason?"

But Ye Eun just waved her hands to dismiss him. "Alright then, let's just allow everyone to dye their hair. I was actually planning to go red."

His mouth dropped open. He was about to talk more when he felt a hand tapping his. "Give it a break, Jinyoung." Chanyeol told him, with that warm smile of his. "It's not worth the stress."

Deciding to agree, Jinyoung just breathed in and out to calm his self down. Until the end of the meeting, he just held his tongue.

"Wanna walk home together?"

Chanyeol, who just finished fixing his things asked him. He's smiling his usual smile, matched with those bright eyes.

"Uh, actually-"

"JINYOUNG!"

It's like his eyes have a mind of their own because they went rolling heavenwards upon hearing that annoyingly familiar voice. He sees Mark standing by the door, waving his hands. Jinyoung thought he went home already since classes ended an hour ago. But here he is, outside the council's office.

"Excuse me for a second." he told Chanyeol before grabbing his things and walking towards Mark.

"What are doing here?"

"That has become your favorite question today, huh." Jinyoung rolled his eyes, making Mark snicker before finally answering. "Your mom told me to bring you home before 6 pm." Mark checked his watch. "And we only have thirty minutes before your curfew."

Jinyoung was about to speak when Chanyeol approached the both of them. "Hey, Jinyoung... so? Shall we go?"

"Uhm, I-"

"Go where?" his eyes darted from Chanyeol to Mark who has just turned to look at him with those questioning eyes. "Where is this guy planning to take you?"

"Aish. Shut up." Jinyoung hissed before turning to Chanyeol who is matching stares with Mark. "I'm sorry but, I need to go with him this time. Mom's order."

Good thing they broke stares and now Chanyeol is looking at him. "Oh, is that so?" His face fell for a moment before a hopeful smile formed on those thin and pink lips. "But, maybe next time?"

Jinyoung has to bite in his smile to answer. "Yeah. Alright."

"Twenty seven minutes."

If he is not mistaken, this will be the seventh time he's rolling his eyes at the annoying purple head. "Yeah, we're leaving." He flashed a smile at Chanyeol first. "See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

"Twenty six."

Jinyoung grunted before turning on his heel, with Mark following right behind him.
 

______。o*★*o。_____


 

"I thought we're running past my curfew?"

He asked Mark who is busy thanking the man handing him two ice cream cones. On their way home, Mark has tugged him into walking inside an ice cream store despite his constant reminder of how much time they have left before Jinyoung's curfew.

Handing him the strawberry one, Mark shrugged. "Yes we are but that won't be a problem since you're with me."

Jinyoung mocked him before proceeding to eat his ice-cream.

"Is that Chanyeol guy hitting on you?"

Jinyoung almost choked on his ice cream when Mark asked this. They were near their house when Mark suddenly chose to bring the topic up.
Why is he even asking?

"And it's something you should know because?"

Mark's eyes widened, like he's taken aback, almost offended by the Jinyoung's answer. Mark even dramatically put his hand on his chest, gasping. "Is it something I am not allowed to know?"

Instinctively, Jinyoung rolled his eyes as he went back to eating his ice cream. "You're prying on my personal life way too much. You're not even my brother."

"And I don't ever want to be."

"And who said that I do?" Jinyoung curled his lips up. "This is our house already. Now, scram to your own!"

"Nuh-uh. I'm walking you up to your front door." Mark said and without warning, he took hold of his hand and walked straight inside their yard and up to the porch.

"Alright you can let go now." he said but Mark stuck his tongue out before doing as he said. "Tsss. So annoying." Jinyoung said, glaring. "Why did mom even leave me under your care? How can someone who can't be responsible of his own self be responsible of someone else?"

Mark arched his brows but he didn't lose that fond smile. "For someone who eats his ice-cream messily, I'm surprisingly not offended."

Jinyoung was about to fire back when all of a sudden, he finds Mark's face leaning incredibly closer. Before he could say something, Mark's hand was already touching the side of  his face, thumb brushing against his bottom lip. Mark's face is so cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter