Chapter 1

In The Moonlight We Met

The sky was gloomy and the first sight of snow could be seen falling on the earth’s ground. A car could be seen as well travelling into what it seems to be a thick forest located somewhere far from society. Hyejoo let out a small sigh as she leaned back on the seat headrest as she stared at the endless wall of trees while the older woman sitting next to her drove the luxurious 4WD completely focused on the road.

 

“Are we there yet Sooyoung unnie? This trip had taken like ages since you picked me up from the airport, even the snow had fallen too.” The raven haired girl huffed turning to the woman that was driving next to her.

“We’re almost there. Could you wait a bit more at least?” Sooyoung replied as Hyejoo groaned.

“Tell me again, why do we have to live far away from the city?”

“Hyejoo, we’re vampires and our existence must remain a secret from those humans unless you wanna make them freak out and cause more trouble in the end. Besides, you feast on human blood too and there are a lot of hunters scattered throughout the city. If you make any slightest mistake, you know you’re dead.”

“Excuse me, I’m a professional! I’ve been drinking human blood for years now and nothing bad had ever happened. Plus, I drink blood of those I think are criminals.”

“I know that blood is our source of survival but please Hyejoo, there are hunters in every nook and cranny of this world and if we make even the slightest mistake, we are very much doomed.” The older woman paused seemingly facing the raven haired girl sitting next to her who was rolling her eyes in annoyance. “It’s better of you to change your diet once we arrived at my place. If you are wondering when I stopped drinking blood, it was few weeks after you had left to Europe to study very long ago.”

“I’m not going anywhere near that crap. It disgusts me.”

“Well, you will soon unless you want me to send you to the council that is.”

Hyejoo narrowed her red orbs in utter annoyance as she gave the older woman a long hard stare. “Don’t… just don’t…”

“What’s the matter? Don’t like free human blood that they offer every meal?” Sooyoung smirked victoriously. “Yeojin is spending a great amount of time there if you want to know.”

“NO, that place is awful! Those nobels with their laws and the lesson about how to be a proper vampire, it’s stressful just by knowing how much they are being controlled by the higher up. Not to mention the too fancy attire they wear everyday. I’m not going anywhere that place as well, period.”

“Then you have no choice, you are free to do whatever you want as long as you follow all of my simple rules. Are we clear Miss Son Hyejoo?”

“Hmmph, FINE!” Hyejoo groaned as she leaned her back on the car seat before turning her vision away facing the window of the car.

 

Sooyoung let out a small sigh before smiling as she focused on the road. The snow had slowly starting to pile up and it would not be long till the thick forest surrounding them to be fully covered by the winter snow. The 2 girl stayed in silence with Hyejoo staring at the falling snow and Sooyoung completely focused on driving.

 

~

 

The journey took longer than expected and Hyejoo managed to fall asleep before arriving at Sooyoung’s house. The older woman parked her car at a lot near a seemingly modern looking penthouse as she turned off the car engine. The brunette unbuckled her seat belt before waking the younger girl that was still deep in her sleep.

 

“Hyejoo, wake up, we’re here.” The older woman gently shook Hyejoo’s body trying to get the girl out from her dreamland and within a few seconds, the girl woke up.

 

“We’re here?” The raven haired girl rubbed her eyes as she stretches her limbs out before realizing of how massive the building that stood right in front of her eyes. “Holy smoke, how rich did you become since the last time I lived with you?”

“Well, since I’m the only child in the family originally, all the wealth went straight to me after my father passed away. I still hold 15% of my father’s company share so basically I still have a lot of moneys in my account. You don’t have to worry about father’s wealth, father did write your name on his last will so you will still have moneys being directly streamed into your bank account but some of it, I still keep it on hold because I’m afraid that you’ll get spoiled.” The older woman let out a small chuckle. “It’s not like I don’t want you to have all the money, but you know, you can sometime be lavish and it concerns me.”

“Oh wow, thank you very much you old hag for keeping this thing a secret from me and by the way, I’m not that lavish in spending the allowance you gave me every month. I barely spend the money you gave me cause I don’t know what to spend it on.” Hyejoo crossed her arms as she huffed. “Oh and also, I’m not that materialistic.”

“Sure, then explain the game console collection inside your room that you bug me to buy for you the 1st day after it was released including the limited edition one?”

Hyejoo gasped seemingly looking offended by the older woman remarks. “You don’t bring up my game console in here, they are my babies.” the girl huffed.

 

Sooyoung just rolled her eyes in annoyance and walked away towards her car trunk but as soon as she heard a weird grumbling sound, her tracks soon stopped. She turned around facing the younger girl who was smiling sheepishly at her.

 

“I uh kinda forgot to feed since yesterday…”

 

The older woman let a small sigh but soon smirked after remembering that Hyejoo was now inside her territory and care. The raven haired girl noticed the immediate change of Sooyoung expression before realizing what kind of situation she was in.

 

“Oh no… just no…”

“You don’t have other choice darling.” The older woman rested both her hands on her hip.

“Eww, don’t call me that.” The raven haired girl cringed. “Having to force myself drinking animal blood is already disgusting enough but calling me that is just, ugh… that’s so not you.”

Sooyoung scoffed at the statement as she crossed her arms. “Whatever, carry your stuffs in the house first then we’ll go hunt. The sooner we finish the earlier we go hunting.”

 

Hyejoo face turned sour at the mention of having to carry her items back into the house. She was not in the mood to do anything other than going out to hunt as she relished her thirst for blood, human blood preferably. But now, she’s stuck in the middle of nowhere with Sooyoung who was already starting to move some of her luggages into the house. She had a good minute of zoning herself out before she finally move to carry all her items into the house.

 

Around at least 15 minutes later, the 2 finished carrying all of Hyejoo’s stuff in the house. Hyejoo on the other hand sat down at the stair of the front porch trying to catch her breath. She was somehow a bit exhausted from all the carrying mainly because she has yet to feed. She was soon joined by Sooyoung who was walking towards her after she had made sure that she had locked every single door of her house.

 

“Let’s go Hyejoo, I could use a snack right now.” The older woman softly pats Hyejoo’s back who was seemingly enjoying the view of the fallen snow.

“Ah yeah…” The raven haired girl replied as she got up from her sitting.

“I hope you still know how to hunt animals Hyejoo.” Sooyoung started to jog.

 

Hyejoo then scoffed before she soon followed suit. “Try not to get left behind old hag.”

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” The older woman just laughed as the 2 runs deeper into the woods with the snow falling continuously on the ground. The sun begins to set and nighttime came before they even knew it.

 

~

 

Hyejoo was now on her own, she had her first couple of animals that she had caught and drained the blood off and the girl had decided to sneak off before exploring the whole forest after she had regained all of her strength. Though, she didn’t really enjoy the taste and experience of an animal blood, what more can she do to protest? Sooyoung on the other hand, was most likely to be somewhere far away at a place where she would not able to track Hyejoo’s scent at all.

 

As the girl wandered off deeper into the woods, she found a river that she had never seen before ever during her last stay at Sooyoung’s place. Though Sooyoung and her might had venture off this far but she had clearly forgotten about it, one thing for sure, she was curious of what lies beyond the other side of the river stream. Now that she was all alone and strayed far from Sooyoung, what more can she do now? I mean she was bored the moment she arrived at the place but to return back to Sooyoung’s penthouse would at least take a good long minute of walk which might be a boring thing to do for her. Well it’s been a while since she last explored the land together with the older woman and she missed the sweet time. Much have changed and she was really curious to know about all of those changes that happened during her stay in Europe.

 

Hyejoo shrugged as she jumped across the river, landing softly on the other side. She began to jog further into the forest and suddenly felt something that was very off as she suddenly picked up a weird kind of scent that she can’t identify. The raven haired girl stopped on her tracks as she scanned her surroundings before the wind blew making the smell of the weird scent becoming much more noticeable and much closer to her location by the minute. She heard rustling coming from one of the bushes around her and she knew that she was not alone.

 

Knowing that it might just be her favourite Sooyoung unnie playing tricks on her, the girl crossed her arms and stood in the middle of god knows where inside the forest calmly. “Sooyoung unnie, if that is you trying to scare me, you can come out now. It’s not a style for a hag like you to be out playing hide and seek with a girl that’s almost 200 years old.”

 

No response and the sound of the bush rustling only grew louder. Hyejoo was more than annoyed and began to power walk towards one of the bushes.

 

“I swear to god Ha Soo—” The raven haired girl words were cut off as she fall flat on the ground after she had heard a loud growl coming out from the bush. “Nani the !?”

 

Shortly afterward, a huge golden furred werewolf walked out from the bush as it growled letting out a huff that blew some of Hyejoo’s hair off her face. The raven haired girl immediately stood up and backed away seeing the huge creature that was right in front of her eyes.

 

‘Who are you and what are you doing here? This is our territory and creatures that are the likes of you are not welcomed here!’

 

“Wait what the , how are you able to- wait what? How are we even communicating?”

 

The werewolf let out a howl before pouncing on Hyejoo, pinning the raven haired girl down as she struggled to free herself from the restraint.

 

“Oh, if this is how you play” The girl paused as she formed a fist and punched the wolf right at its stomach sending the wolf flying to a nearby tree. “I can play rough as well.”

 

‘That’s it! You’re dead.’

 

“I would like to see you try and catch me first dog!” Hyejoo smirked as she ran towards a nearby tree before she climbed it and jumped from tree to tree. The huge wolf soon caught up to the vampire having the same amount of speed as it threads through the snowy forest. Hyejoo on the other hand was enjoying herself at the sight as adrenaline rushes within her bloodstream. It’s been a while since she last felt the thrill of being in this kind of scenario during her stay in Europe. She was not much of a troublemaker herself but at times, she was proved to be nothing more than a ticking time bomb.

 

“Impressive! I’m surprised you can keep up to my speed! I like you!” Hyejoo shouted and at that very moment, the snow at one of the branches that she had stepped fell on the wolf’s head which only spark more to the wolf’s rage.

 

‘What are you thinking!?’

 

The raven haired girl let out a laugh before she jumped off the tree landing on a huge rock and stood still before the creature appeared in front of her before letting it pounced on her on purpose. The 2 fought off in a fierce brawl with Hyejoo having the upper hand being more energized and stronger after she had fully regained her stamina.

 

With a strong punch to the chest, the raven haired girl sent the giant wolf flying as it landed on the solid cold hard ground. The punch was so strong that the wolf coughed up blood and morphed into a young beautiful blonde haired girl. The girl face was visible in Hyejoo’s eyes while the moon that was soon being uncovered by the clouds above them illuminated the pair as their eyes met, bright golden glow and red glowing orbs. Hyejoo stood still for a moment as she try to process what the hell was going on right about now.

 

 

A werewolf? No way, that girl is too beautiful to be such a beastly creature.

 

 

The blonde haired girl laid on the ground as she whimpered in pain . Feeling somewhat responsible of her actions, Hyejoo tried to approach the girl but soon stopped her tracks when a group of women appeared and protectively stood around the blonde haired girl.

 

“What business you have here foul creature, you’re in our land.” Another blonde haired woman but this time, her hair is a much lighter shade of blonde than the color of the other blonde who was still lying on the ground. Hyejoo paid less attention to the group of girls who already had their claw growing long and sharp with their eyes glowing bright with golden hue.

 

“STOP!” A familiar voice ordered and Sooyoung appeared in front of Hyejoo as she pushed the girl back.

 

“Unnie, what’s going on?”

 

“Stay quiet! This is between me and them.” The older woman snapped at Hyejoo. She was infuriated and the raven haired girl knew that she was in a pickle. “Jinsoul, Vivi, Jungeun, and Chaewon, I apologize on Hyejoo’s behalf. She just got here and it was also my fault that I didn’t explain your existence and your territory when we went hunting.”

 

All of the women calmed down as they all stood still. The light brown haired woman trailed off as she approached the blonde haired girl who was still wincing in pain.

 

“I’m gonna let this one slide Sooyoung because you’ve been a good friend of us but if I see that girl behind you crossing our territory and cause this kind of trouble again, there’s no guarantee that I would let her live after witnessing what she had done to one of the members in my pack.” The blonde haired woman replied.

 

“I understand, I will make sure such event won’t happen again in the future. Once again, we’re truly sorry for our mistakes.” Sooyoung bowed.

 

“Umm, Sooyoung can you please tend to Chaewon’s injuries first? She might have broken a thing or two.” The light brown haired girl muttered. Hyejoo still stayed silent as she stared at the blonde haired girl who was crying and being carried away.

 

So her name was Chaewon.

 

“Yeah, but can one of you accompany Hyejoo to my house? I’m afraid that she might stray off again.”

 

“I’ll do it!” The dark brown haired girl volunteered as she transform into a huge brown wolf, her clothes being shredded apart at the sudden increase of size. ‘Let’s go kid.’

 

The brown wolf nudged her snout on the raven haired girl hand as it broke her off from her trance. She felt something sparked in her heart and somehow it made her slow beating heart raced. She couldn’t explain what she was feeling at the time but one thing she was certain of was the feeling of guilt after what she had done to the girl that was already missing from her sight. But the glare on Sooyoung face as she mouthed ‘You’re dead’ before turning away made her rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

‘Hey! Are you listening to me? Let’s go!”

 

Hyejoo felt a sharp pain on her right arm before she finally paid attention to the huge wolf that stood next to her.

 

‘Are we going or not kid?’

 

Hyejoo raised both of her arms in defeat before the 2 started to jog and soon they started to run. The raven haired girl knew the moment she arrived home, it’s going to be a long night.