No one else I want this with

Red Velvet: I and S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone and happy Seulrene day. I’ve always wanted to write a seulrene subunit fic and this is as good as time as any to finally do so, also hoping to put this into the universe and make this a reality. Come on SM (do you not want money!) A seulrene subunit is what the people want! Okay lol enough of my rant, enjoy.

 

Thank you to my sponsors: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, crwight01, royalshipper2122  DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, and there were some new sponsors so thank you very much to jasonds, Megankind, Mavok, ZombieJuhyun. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^

 

Also, I’m going to say this because I fear it’s happened. Please, please do not be that person to become a sponsor just to read an early chapter and then stop right after. That’s just honestly bull. Don’t do this. If you’re going to be a sponsor do so because you genuinely want to because you are in no way being forced to become one, the early access chapters come along with the tiers so please don’t do that to me, people. I don’t deserve that, thank you.


 

Seulgi was gone a while from the dorm. It had been hours at least since the monolid woman left the dorm suddenly because of a phone call from their company. A phone call from their company can mean absolutely anything. As proud as Joohyun is of her girlfriend for the amazing year she’s had prior with collaboration after collaboration. Joohyun is hoping whatever it is won’t end up putting extra and more pressure on Seulgi. They’ve been together for so long it’s only natural some of Joohyun’s first instincts are to protect the slightly younger woman, and vice versa and Seulgi is there for her too in many ways. Joohyun didn’t have to say she was concerned for everyone to know that their leader was probably worried about her other half.

 

“Hey, Joohyun. Come on and eat something.” Yerim suggests from in the kitchen. “You’ve been sitting around for a while now.”

 

“Aw, you know how she is without Seulgi.” Sooyoung teases from her spot beside Yerim at the table. “Those two are so hopeless without each other sometimes, I swear.” The tallest member can be heard saying to her girlfriend whom nods in agreement.

 

“I’ve been around these two hopeless one’s forever, Soo. I know how they are.” She whispers in case Joohyun is listening. The leader doesn’t say anything and does walk over to sit with the two younger women.

 

“I’m worried because of how she left so suddenly. You guys know when it comes to the company it can be just about anything.”
 

The younger girls nod in agreement. They can understand why Joohyun would be concerned because with their company one can never know anything.

 

“Well, she’s probably got some new collaboration lined up or something.” Sooyoung thinks that must be the case.

 

“Seulgi had a lot of collabs last year, Joohyun.” Yerim reminds her. “It could be that again.”

 

“Yeah, maybe so. I’m going back to my room. Let me know when she gets back, alright?”

 

“Hey, we’re not your girlfriend’s keeper.” The taller girl complains. “Maybe, Yerimie and I have plans to go out or something.”

 

“Just let me know when she gets back.” The leader repeats as if not hearing a single word Sooyoung just said. Sooyoung shakes her head in mock disbelief and turns back to her food.

 

“The nerve of some people, am I right?”

 

“Yeah.” Yerim agrees. “We shouldn’t tell her anything when Seulgi gets back just for that.”

 

Sooyoung laughs in amusement and appreciates her girlfriend in her current savage attitude. She pecks the side of her face with a kiss but decides to take pity on their leader.

 

“No, we better not. She’s already acting somewhat pathetic as it is.”


 

Joohyun returns to her room and simply watches movies to pass the time. Seulgi did send her a text a while ago when she arrived at the company but there was nothing since then. Joohyun hopes everything is fine and tries to stay up at least to watch movies. Since it has been a while that they had any downtime to really do simple things such as this.  Joohyun gets through maybe half a movie before falling asleep from just being tired. The brunette doesn’t know for how long she’s asleep when she feels soft familiar hands gently touching the side of her face. Chocolate brown eyes open and blink a few times before steading her vision on the face of her monolid love. The dark-haired woman stands there with a small smile on her face.

 

“Hey, sleeping beauty. Did you sleep well?” Seulgi asks with a soft kiss to her forehead.

 

“I did. It would have been better if I had my personal teddy bear beside me, but you’re here now.” Joohyun leans up to properly kiss her. Now that she has her other half here and with her she has to at least kiss her properly. The slightly older woman ends up pulling her girl down into the bed too. The kisses start of slow at first before rapidly heating up and growing hotter. Seulgi wraps her arms around Joohyun’s waist and deepens their kiss.

 

“Hi…” Joohyun smiles and pushes dark locks out of Seulgi’s face. “Missed you.”

 

“Missed you too, Hyun.”

 

They end up cuddled up in bed with Seulgi holding her in her arms securely. Joohyun settles comfortably into her arms and leans up for a few more kisses. Now she has her girl back and things are right for her again. She does have questions since Seulgi has returned.

 

“What happened, baby?” Joohyun asks with kisses to her knuckles. She is eager to know what’s going on.

 

“I want to talk about it, but I can’t right now.”

 

Hearing this surprises Joohyun. Seulgi always tells her everything and in turn she tells her partner everything too. It worries her if Seulgi can’t tell her anything.

 

“Well, did the company swear you to secrecy or something?” She laughs some and gently pulls her face to her own.

 

“Kind of.” Seulgi admits. “But...all I can say is they’ll talk to you soon.”

 

“They’re going to talk to me too?” Now she has more questions than answers. Seulgi doesn’t seem like she wants to talk. However, Joohyun does know ways to get her bear to talk.

 

“You’re not going to tell me anything at all.” Joohyun begins and caresses her face.

 

“I...want to, Hyun. But…”

 

“Really, Seulgi-yah…” She says it hot and low with kisses to her neck. Joohyun knows there’s a specific spot just behind Seulgi’s ear that always makes her weak. It’s why she focuses her lips to that spot and the slight moan that comes out of Seulgi’s lips makes Joohyun smile. But she’s not done yet. The shorter woman maneuvers her body over the monolid woman’s body. She smiles and leans down to kiss her lips.

 

“You know you can tell me anything, Seul. What’s going on, hm?”

 

“Hyun…”

 

“Talk to me, baby.”

 

Seulgi knows deep down she won’t be able to keep what she found out a secret. Especially not to keep a secret from not only her closest person but her love. She and Joohyun have been each other’s rocks for the past ten years. They’ve been through so much together and have a bond and connection to show and prove this. Seulgi finds herself always glad that if it had been anyone to choose to be her partner in life it is Bae Joohyun, and she knows that Joohyun feels the same.

 

“What happened at the company, Seul? Are you going to be working on another collab?”

 

“Yeah, you can say that. But it’s going to be the most amazing partnership between my partner and I.” Seulgi smiles and kisses the top of her forehead. She hopes that she is giving Joohyun some sort of clue  as to what she’s hinting at. A part of Seulgi still can’t even believe it happened at all when she sat down with their management and company leaders. You never know what to expect when you’re asked to come down to the company for a meeting and Seulgi was nervous as expected. However, she was pleasantly surprised to learn what the meeting entailed.

 

(Flashback)
 

The monolid woman waited anxiously for the meeting to begin. She received the call so out of nowhere and Seulgi didn’t know what to expect. Her plans were to spend all day just relaxing with Joohyun since it has been way too long since their group had any downtime. Her managers were soon calling her to tell the boss was  ready to see her and he smiled.

 

“Don’t be nervous, Seulgi-yah.”

 

That’s easier said than done of course when you have no idea what to expect. Seulgi walked into the room and the atmosphere seemed comfortable. Or at least she didn’t feel like she was about to have the rug pulled out from under her, which can also be real possibility. She has after all spent 7 years training with SM and has seen firsthand a lot of things. She has dealt with a lot to get to the place she is today. Not that she is ungrateful by any means. But Kang Seulgi is a very self aware woman and she would have to be going into this idol life. At some point Seulgi just sees the boss talking but has gone into a bit of shock. Since there’s no way she really heard what she think she has just heard.

 

“Did you hear me, Seulgi?”

 

“What?”

 

“I said did you hear me?”

 

“Yes, but it really sounded like you said a subunit with me and J….I mean Irene.” She catches herself before she slips totally and calls her by her real name. Not that’s never done it before. But in this case she must remember to keep it professional.

 

“That’s exactly right. It’s about time now for other projects and we are serious about the subunit. Of course we will talk with Irene too and get her thoughts. But I wanted to know what you thought as well. There is no denying the stage chemistry you and Irene have always had.”

 

Seulgi looks neut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter