Ardha Matsyendrasana

Ardha Matsyendrasana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Sana knew that this session is for two hours is also the moment that she realized if Mina was correct to assume that this is, indeed, a bad idea.

 

But the thing is, there's this girl in the same building where she works in. Cute, charming, and most probably taking yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday (since Sana saw her in her sporty gear specifically on these two days). And her determination was only strengthened after Momo mentioned that she's a regular in the studio where she does street dancing and stuff.Miss Hyori’s yoga studio is right across the hall from Momo and so Sana finds herself sitting in the far corner of that studio, waiting for the last people to come in.

 

In her defense, no told her that there will be no beginner sessions, and it can be an issue to someone whose definition of being fit doesn't include having a good sense of balance.

 

"Dahyun." The instructor greets happily, making everyone else turn to the person who just came in. At this moment, Sana felt everything slow down with her heart racing to the tune of a hundred fifty beats a minute. "I was beginning to think that you'd miss the class. You’ve been coming in late the past few sessions."

 

She stole Sana's attention for a solid moment. Tousled dark blonde hair that falls just below her chest. Cute eyes and an even cuter smile. Then her eyes trace down to her taut legs clad in baby blue shorts, and her chiseled abs that peek under her white belly button zip up.

 

"." Sana groans in between thoughts of bunched up sheets and sweet moans because now, the sudden realization comes in — She cannot, in any way, embarrass herself.

 

But in the long course of her friendship with Mina and Momo, they will both agree that this is one of her best skill. At least, it ranks below being clumsy or getting hit by a parked car.

 

"Alright. Take a spot everyone." the instructor smiles, her dimples being much more apparent. "I heard that we have new people joining us today. Don't worry, I'll be partnering you up with some of our veterans so that you can follow."

 

Sana, of course, takes the backmost position of the rightmost column of students. Dahyun takes the front position of that same column, with their eyes briefly meeting through the wall mirror in front of them.

 

Then, it begins.

 

Urdhva Hastasana. Easy. Stand straight, stretch your arms up and press your palms together. No biggie. That is, until Dahyun's zip up raises a bit and Sana was in for a visual treat. If it was really hot in this studio or if it was just her, she can't tell.

 

Tadasana. Easier. Stand straight, arms on the side, palms facing forward. Virabhadrasana. Okay, maybe a bit wobbly. It's the upward salute plus lunging. Yikes.

 

Tadasana, again. Good. She might actually survive this.

 

Then, Vrksasana. Put your hands together, stand straight, then lift your right leg and press the sole of your feet into your inner left thigh, and oof!

 

Sana almost falls on her side, but she saves herself when she landed on her legs. Clumsily, of course. Lacking of grace, but enough to make Dahyun chuckle.

 

"At least she's looking at me." Sana huffs. "Just get it together." Which is a task proving not to be, in anyway, easy.

 

Big Toe Pose, another fall. Chair Pose, another fall. Extended Side Angle Pose, wobbly, a bit unstable, but no fall. And as if the whole session hasn't made her realize that she has no future with this, Miss Hyori calls in the Eagle Pose — Garudasana.

 

Sana's face was filled with fear when Hyori did it like it was second nature. And when it was their turn, she caught a glimpse of Dahyun looking at her through the mirror.

 

She's smirking.

 

Sana quickly averts her gaze then slowly looks up again. Is Dahyun taunting her?

 

Bend your knees slightly, lift your left foot up (this is where Sana usually loses it) and — balancing on your right foot — cross your left thigh over the right. Point your left — then fall on your and stand up quickly before anyone could notice. Anyone, except, Dahyun who was looking at her with upside down crescent eyes and a cute laugh.

 

Sana feels that she's being punished. She doesn’t know what for but she’s sure she’s being punished.

 

Dahyun is obviously noticing her but all in the wrong ways. She should've listened to Mina but too much damage to her person has already been done, and when she thought the session is finally over, Miss Hyori calls out.

 

“Okay, it seems like some of you are struggling.” She laughs.

 

“No , Sherlock.” Sana pleads quietly.

 

“Let’s partner you guys up.” Hyori nods and her usual students search the room. Sana just looks down on her feet, thinking about how stupid all of this is. All this embarrassing falls just to have a glimpse of a girl that she’s been crushing on for a long while now. If she ruined every chance at least she gets to see Dahyun in her most ethereal form.

 

“Hey.” a soft laughter. “First time?”

 

Sana’s head snaps up at the voice and finds herself diving into Dahyun’s starry hazel eyes. And in the most convenient time, Sana’s voice catches somewhere between her heart and .

 

“I.. I.. I…” Sana cursed in her head when she stuttered. How the did Sana.exe stop responding? And why does Dahyun still smell like cotton candy and strawberries.

 

“Yeah.” Dahyun laughs. “I figured. Come, I’ll show you.” she then turns to Miss Hyori and nods, signalling the instructor to give the next set of poses.

 

Upavistha Konasana, the Wide-Legged Forward Fold

 

“Has anyone died of too much yoga before?” From a sitting position, Sana opened her legs to a split. “Because I think I’m gonna be the first one.”  

 

“Ha.” Dahyun giggles. “You’re cute. Relax. Lean forward.”

 

Sana tried her best to comply but when she hears the ‘cute’ part, she finds thinking as a tedious skill. How do you do leaning? What is leaning? What is forward?

 

The answer comes in a way that almost shuts down Sana’s brain. She felt Dahyun’s chest and torso press down on her back. Dahyun’s skin was so soft, even if Sana was clothed in a thin shirt, and the sudden proximity brought her back to thoughts of light scratching and maybe some biting.

 

Sana moans when she felt herself being stretched in places that she hasn’t been stretched in a long while, and it was driving her crazy that it was Dahyun doing this to her.

 

When she saw Sana suddenly tense up, Dahyun nestles her chin over Sana’s shoulder and whispers.

 

“Easy. Relax.” Dahyun’s warm breath tickling the inside of Sana’s ear.

 

Sana can’t even bring herself to form words. She just shuts her eyes close and bites her lip, wishing that she’d last longer than she’d hope. Thirty seconds felt like an awfully long time, and she has already grown accustomed to the smell of Dahyun’s hair.

 

“Breath slowly.” Dahyun coos, and Sana tries to. “You’re so tensed up.”

 

In all honesty, Dahyun’s giggle annoyed Sana a bit. It’s almost as if Dahyun knew what Sana wants and Dahyun is dangling it in front of her face. But there are poses to be done and feelings to be kept, so Sana breathes slower until she feels herself relax.

 

“Good girl. Next.”

 

Good girl. Imagine hearing that in bed.

 

///

 

Sana said that the session was just okay. Which was hard to believe when Mina was watching her friend frantically packing up her table to call it a night. Thursday is yoga day, and Sana wanted to prioritize her health more than anything else at this point.

 

Or at least that’s what she wants people to see.

 

Parivrtta Parsvakonasana, Revolved Side Angle Pose.

 

Sana’s body was lunged forward, her upper body leaning down. She could feel Dahyun hugging her from the side, and her hand resting on the side of her thigh.

 

“Rest your weight here. I can’t feel your legs tighten.” Dahyun instructs, and Sana readjusts. She feels her thigh muscles press on Dahyun’s palm “There you go. Now, extend your arms up.”

 

Sana complies and as she twists her body out, she could see Dahyun’s arm wrapped over her side. They eye contact is the hard part, because if she finds her gaze diving into those hazel eyes, her balance won’t hold as much.

 

“Have you ever tried farting while doing yoga? Because I feel like doing it right now.” Sana tried to break the tension, but only received a light slap on her thigh.

 

“Stop.” Dahyun laughs and shakes her head, then eases Sana back to her original pose. “You should do this regularly. I can feel your body being more flexible.”

 

“You enjoy that?” Sana laughs mid stretch. “Feeling my body?”

 

“You’re pretty confident for someone who’s kept on falling in the first day.”

 

“Are you not proud?” Sana teases some more, but her voice quickly turns into a soft moan when Dahyun pulls her shoulders back and pushes her chest outward. Dahyun would be lying if she didn’t find that sound any bit y.

 

“Next.” Dahyun chuckles.

 

///

 

Three weeks in.

 

Sana had been missing late night work for three weeks now. There are much more important work, like capitalizing on the fact that her embarrassing first day has led her to get painfully close to her crush.

 

Natarajasana means that Dahyun will be whispering over Sana’s shoulders again, with her hand treacherously snaking under Sana’s waist. Fingers graze on Sana’s surprisingly toned abs, and it was Dahyun’s turn to speak.

 

“You’ve put in the hard work.” Dahyun comments on Sana’s core. Sana just shuts her eyes to get her concentration back on tra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter