Single Chapter

Coffee Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lately, my routine has been the same, Minseok.

I open my eyes, I see the sunlight passing through the window. I check the hours on my cell phone to make sure I will not be late. I put on the right clothes and walk out the door, walking alone through these buildings so well known to me. And, softly, I whisper the music we used to hear.

I try to convince myself that I'm okay, and, impressively, sometimes it works out. Well, until I chose, at the end of the day, to go to that coffee shop. Our coffee shop.

Is it wrong to see you in my dreams and not feel my heart racing? It just happened because, like the smell of coffee in my life, you also disappeared. However, it was all right until I returned to that familiar place of ours.

Now, I'm waiting for you. Sitting at the table with two cups of coffee. Was I a fool to have called you yesterday and asked how your day was? For asking if you wanted have some coffee with me again? I think so.

But you always surprise me, Minseok.

I don’t need to say that I smiled immensely as I recognized your white T-shirts, your sneakers, your now totally black hair. I smiled immensely as I recognized your eyes, and then they smiled at me as well.

Soon you would sit in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter