Part VI

A little bit of you

Taehyung has been talking about his new boyfriend for two hours nonstop, (He sealed the deal with Hoseok on their third date.), and as much as he really wants to listen to his best friend, he can’t for the love of god focus on anything because Chaeyoung’s right in front of him looking gorgeous as always in a tight black crop top that’s distracting him from everything, even breathing. He’s never been one to ravish over a woman’s physique but there’s an exception for everything in life. Frankly speaking, he’s been feeling funny around her a lot these days and he can’t find a cogent explanation for it. He thought the tension had died between them, and it did, but it was quickly replaced with a different kind of tension that makes it hard for him to breath around her naturally. Jungkook is well aware of Chaeyoung’s beauty, she’s a very attractive person and it has more to do with the way she carries herself than anything. Sometimes, Jungkook catches himself watching her do mundane chores like clean the dishes or cook dinner with a smile on his face and a fluttering heart. If he didn’t know any better, he’d think he is in love.

And maybe he is. Jungkook doesn’t know. He doesn’t understand the concept of romance since he’s never experienced anything remotely close to it. It didn’t help that his trauma ruined his chances with girls. He tried to see if he was interested in other genders but unfortunately, he was only attracted to a species he feared. So, he spent his time doing what most boys do to get off and wondering whether this love that movies and songs glorify so much is even worth it. He’s never understood the way Yoongi stares at his Jimin or how he kisses him or hugs him, but he knew that it was something magical, if Jimin’s reactions were anything to go by, and in a way, he envied them. He envied them for having something he’ll never have.

Then came Chaeyoung with her iridescent personality and colored his world in a way he never thought was possible, and maybe he’s exaggerating but he could swear he has never felt such strong emotions for someone before. Every day with her felt like a piece of heaven. Her smile, her laugh, her gentle touches, her gleaming eyes, her glowing aura; everything about her made him enchanted and he likes the effect she has on him a little too much for the sake of his sanity. He sometimes wonders what it’ll feel like to be by her side as her man, to fall into her arms and kiss her crazy, to take her up and hold her tight until she falls asleep, to- Oh god. Jungkook’s eyes suddenly widen and he freezes, almost dropping his coffee mug as it finally hits him. He’s so gone and he has no idea what to make about it.

 

That night, he sneaks into Taehyung’s room once he makes sure Chaeyoung’s in her room and almost screams in shock when he finds Taehyung taking pictures of himself.

“God dammit, Tae!” Jungkook hisses and stares at his friend who’s completely unabashed about his .

“Oh, grow up, like you’ve never seen a before.” he snorts and, as if nothing happened, resumes posing and taking pictures.

“Tae, put your pants on, I need to talk to you!” Taehyung sighs and obliges, pulling his sweats back on.

“Alright, what do you want? You just disturbed my ting with Hobi and you better have a good excuse for that.” He glares at him like a petulant child and Jungkook rolls his eyes. Oh, why did he think it was a good idea to consult Tae? He’s starting to regret his decision already. He sits on the edge of the bed, a wave of nerves hitting him like a hurricane. “What’s on your mind, Kookie?” Tae senses his apprehension so he tries to ease him with a question. Jungkook takes a huge breath to calm himself. It doesn’t really work, but it gives him a push to start.

“So, I-I realized something.” he starts and Taehyung leans in, all ears.

“What?”

“I-I think I’m in l-love with Chaeyoung.” He closes his eyes right after the words leave his mouth but opens them almost instantly when he hears Tae’s scoff.

“Am I supposed to be surprised or something?” he raises an eyebrow and laughs at Jungkook’s shocked face. “Come on, Kook! It was obvious. The way you look at her says it all.”

“What?” Jungkook says breathlessly. Was he really that obvious? Taehyung shakes his head with an amused smirk.

“I knew the day she came into our lives that you two were going to be an item.” He flips his short hair in arrogance, but it really looks like he’s swatting a bug out of it.

“Tae, this is serious.” Jungkook grunts. “I’ve never had feelings for someone before. I-I don’t know what to do.” His helpless look makes Tae genuinely smile and he scoots closer to rumple his hair.

“Look at my baby all grown up!” he pinches his cheeks adoringly. “Well, the logical thing to do is to confess, smash and live happily ever after. And maybe smash some more. Your call”

“You’re disgusting.” He slaps Tae’s hands with a pout.

“But for real,” Tae turns serious. “Are you sure you want to call it love?”

“What do you mean?” He asks, confused.

“Love is a strong word, Kookie. Now, I’m not trying to tell you how to feel, but this is something new to you and I want you to understand it.”

“Okay.” Jungkook’s completely lost at this point, but he trusts his friend. Tae is a certified weirdo with a Degree in idiocrasy, but he can be wise sometimes. (Emphasis on ‘sometimes’.)

“Alright, I’ll start with some simple questions. Does Chaeyoung make you happy?”

“Yes.” He replies with no hesitation which makes Tae coo.

“Do you want to be with her romantic styles? You know, cuddles and kisses and all that.”

“Uhm..” he lowers his head, blushing madly. “Y-yeah.”

“Do you want to be with her forever and ever until death do you apart?” Jungkook looks at Taehyung strangely, not expecting the question.

“I..” he takes a moment to think about it. “I don’t know.”

“How about now? Do you want to date her now?”

“Y-yes.” The blush comes back and he whines in embarrassment. “What’s with these questions, Tae? Are you trying to humiliate me?” Taehyung lifts his head to look him in the eyes.

“You like her, Jungkook. It’s not love yet, but it’ll come when the time is right.”

“Is there a difference?” Jungkook asks, a little lost on the topic, and rightfully so. Taehyung is laying all these new concepts on him that he’s never experienced so you can’t blame him for being confused.

“Liking someone is about the present, it’s wanting to be with someone now and live in the moment. But love is for forever, you know? Like, I love you. You’re my best bro and I can’t imagine my life without you in it. And even if we part ways in the future, I’d still love you. It’s a life commitment in a way.” Jungkook’s lips crack in a shy smile.

“ dawg, you’re making me blush.” Tae snorts at Jungkook’s meme like reply and playfully slaps his arm.

“Say it back you coward.”

“yeah yeah, I love you too.” He says in a half-assed way and Taehyung punches his arm again.

“Say it like you mean it!” Taehyung snarls and Jungkook falls back on the bed laughing. Once he recovers, he sits up and gives Taehyung a side hug.

“I love you too, Tae. And I hope we remain best bros for life.”

“That’s more like it. Hobi may be my daddy, but you’re my baby.” Tae beams as he lightly chuckles Jungkook’s chin, as he usually does.

“Ew, TMI dude! I don’t want to hear about you daddy kind!” Tae chuckles as Jungkook makes gagging sounds.

“Alright, now move your tiny and go get your girl.” He pushes Jungkook off him and lays back on the mattress.

“Oh, right.” Jungkook is back on panic mode. “Ah crap, what do I do? What do I say? What if she rejects me? Oh my god, why if I’m too ugly for her? What if-”

“Stop stop stop!” Taehyung yells, raising both his palms. “You’re overthinking it, Kookie. Just be yourself, tell her how you feel, she’ll say yes obviously, like that’s a no-brainer and don’t worry about how you look, you’re a legit snack, 12/10 would bang and hang if you were gay.” He puts both hands on his shoulders. “Just be yourself. Trust yourself, Kookie.”

“Okay.” He takes a huge breath, closes his eyes and counts to ten. He opens them back when he feels lighter. “Wish me luck!”

“Wait, you’re going to confess NOW?” Taehyung steps back, utterly befuddled.

“Yeah dude, I have anxiety. If I don’t get an answer right now, I’ll die.” He storms out of the room, leaving a completely astonished (and slightly impressed) Taehyung. Once he regains his composure, he smiles to himself and shakes his head in amusement.

“Ah, you’ve done it again Guru Taehyung. Ugh, I’m so awesome.” He closes the door and goes back to what he was doing.

Jungkook’s in front of Chaeyoung’s door, his mind bursting with thousands of thoughts of doubts and fears, but he shakes them off and decides to just go for it. Worst case scenario she rejects him, he moves out and eventually dies due to emotional overdose. That’s not so bad now is it? Jungkook’s starting to doubt himself again and just when he’s about to give up, the door opens.

“Oh, Jungkook!” she yelps, startled to see him in front of her door. “I didn’t hear you knock.” She smiles and god, Jungkook’s already losing it.

“Ah .” He mutters under his breath, her breathtaking smile giving a little bit of comfort and courage (albeit it’s also making him feel weak in the knees.) “I’m about to do something really stupid.”

“What-?”

Chaeyoung doesn’t get to finish her sentence as Jungkook suddenly pulls her into him, his arms wrapped around her waist, their foreheads resting against each other. He’s hyperventilating, sweat covering his temples but he forces himself to keep his eyes open as he stares into her beautiful brown eyes, and slowly brings his hands up to cup her face.

“Jungkook, you’re shaking.” She whispers faintly, as she grabs his wrists, feeling the intense vibration of his body. “Jungkook-”

“Y-you make me nervous in the best way possible.” He breathes softly, his voice trembling uncontrollably. “y-your smile makes me weak a-and your laugh brightens my days a-and the way you touch me leaves me breathless, literally.” He chuckles nervously, his eyes never leaving hers. “B-but I like it. I-I like the way you make me feel.” He pulls her even closer, his heart hammering aggressively in his chest. “I like you, Chaeyoung.” He lets out a long exhale and closes his eyes, feeling extremely exhausted. He doesn’t open them until he feels arms wrapping around his neck and that’s when he sees that blinding smile that her loves so much.

“I’m about to do something really stupid too.”

“Wha-” she leans in and connects their lips in a soft delicate kiss but pulls back quickly before Jungkook could even realize what just happened.

“Was that too much?” She grins, her cheeks a beautiful shade of pink.

“I-I-I.” he stammers, his mind running blank. She sighs contently and brushes their noses together. “I like you so much, Jungkook, you have no idea.” Her confession snaps him out of his daze and he manages to return her smile, his nerves slowly starting to dissipate.

“I want to kiss you.”

“Do it then.”

And he does. He cradles her head lovingly and kisses her, their lips moving in sync to the rhythm of their heart beats. Chaeyoung tilts her head to deepen the kiss, tightening her hold around his neck. It doesn’t feel like fireworks and all that crap movies try to sell you. No. It’s a lot more than that. It’s a whole new feeling but it doesn’t feel foreign, it’s warm and welcoming, his emotions scattered recklessly but held together by her touch, and it feels so right.

“God, for a you sure are a good kisser.” Chaeyoung laughs as she breaks the kiss, their lips brushing. “You’re still shaking, Jungkook.”

“I-I know.” He sighs in content. “I told you, you make me nervous.”

“As much as I want to kiss you all night, I don’t want you to faint or have an anxiety attack.” She drops one last peck on his lips before she pulls away from him and holds his hand. “We’ll take it slow.” Jungkook stares at their intertwined hand and then at her, his mind still in a haze. He still can’t believe what just happened, he still can’t believe he just confessed and that Chaeyoung actually likes him back. He can’t believe this beautiful girl is his now.

“Okay.” He squeezes her hand, sharing a smile that communicates the affection they have for each other. She pulls him into her room and they cuddle under the covers, talking about nothing and everything, holding each other tightly as they close their eyes and welcome sleep.

Jungkook had never thought that a day would come where he’d find himself a prisoner of love, and it only took him a small part of her for him to fall as a whole.

A little bit of her made him hers entirely.

-----------------------------------------------

A.N:

Me: I will dedicate today just for writing!

Also me: *Does everything except writing*

Why am I disaster oof.

This is technically the final chapter as the next one will be an epilogue. Will update it tomorrow ;)