Part I

A little bit of you

Taehyung sighs for the nth time, watching his adorable best friend pack the last of his belongings.

“Tae.” Jimin grunts tiredly “can you stop sighing, it’s getting really annoying.”

“Leave him be Jimin, he’s mourning over your loss.” Jungkook quips as he puts his shoulder around Taehyung, who is fake-crying at this point, and Jungkook plays along, patting his friend gently in the back while throwing glares at Jimin. The latter rolls his eyes at his friend’s stupid antics.

“Okay, first, I’m not dead. And second, get your lazy asses up here and help me!”. The two detach themselves from each other and start picking up the loaded boxes.

Jimin suddenly smacks Jungkook’s forehead as he passes him by to which the younger looks accusingly at him. “It’s hyung for you, you brat!” Jimin smacks him again and goes back to his room to get the last of his stuff.

“Whatever, you midget.” Jungkook mutters under his breath with a scowl.

“I HEARD THAT!”. For safety reasons, Jungkook sprints out of the door. Sure, Jimin is short and looks like a baby duck most of the time but he’s hella strong and Jungkook is not ready to lose his life yet.

Outside, he sees Taehyung chatting animatedly with Yoongi, Jimin’s hot boyfriend, his words echoing loudly in the calm neighborhood. Well, it’s more annoying than chatting, judging by Yoongi’s unimpressed look.

“Hey hyung!” he chirps loudly as he disposed of the box in Yoongi’s car trunk and sighs heavily.

“Are you here to bore the out of me too?”

“Hey! That’s mean!” Tae pouts, clearly not offended as he’s used to Yoongi’s harsh teasing. The elder simply sighs and straightens up.

“I’m going to go check up on Jiminie. You two better not touch anything or else.” The threat comes out weak but the two nod and watch as Yoongi climbs up the stairs to their apartment. They remain quiet for a while until Taehyung breaks the silence.

“I’ll miss Jimin.” Taehyung says, and Jungkook knows he’s being genuine this time. He gently pats Taehyung’s chin and smiles.

“Hey, you still have me Tae.” Taehyung honest to god looks like he’s going to cry and jumps on Jungkook, engulfing him in a bear hug.

“Kookie, please don’t ever leave me! we shall eat together, pee together, remain s together until death do us part!” Jungkook chuckles and hugs him back, a little too amused by Taehyung’s dialogue.

“Ugh, they’re back at it again.” They both turn to see Yoongi scowling at them with Jimin hugging his arm and giggling on his shoulder.

“This is a single people event only; gross couples are not allowed.” Taehyung declares, still hugging his roommate.

“Oh no, what am I gonna do with my life now?” Yoongi deadpans, making Jimin laugh harder. Jungkook stares at Yoongi, who’s watching Jimin with fond eyes and a small smile playing at his lips. He sometimes wonders if his hyung ever notices how whipped he is for his boyfriend; he also wonders if he’ll ever be able to look at someone like that.

“Anygay, I’ll leave you roomies to say bye to each other.” Yoongi kisses Jimin’s cheek before disappearing inside his car, leaving his tiny boyfriend a flaming shade of red.

“You guys are disgusting, I love it.” Taehyung beams and goes to hug his best friend, his arms tightening around his waist. “I miss you already my chimchim.”

“Taetae, you’re going to make me cry.” He squeezes his best friend back. “It’s not like we’ll never see each other, you dramatic walnut!”

“I know, but it’s not going to be the same without you around the apartment. I mean, who’s going to cook for us now?? I’m too weak to hold pots and Jungkook can’t even heat soup without burning it!” Jimin laughs loudly and lets go of him.

“I’m sure you’ll manage.” He pats his head and goes to hug Jungkook but the latter steps back and raises both his palms to stop him.

“Ey, No homo bro.” both Jimin and Tae burst out laughing and tackle him into a tight group hug.

“I’m going to miss your stupid jokes.” Jimin breaks their hug apart and his eyes widen in sudden realization. “Ah right! Your new roommate will join you next week so please make yourselves presentable.” He taps their shoulders simultaneously. “Alright, I’m off! Take care losers.” He waves his friends off as he gets into the passenger’s seat and the car drives off.

“I wonder what he’ll be like.”

“Who?”

“Our new roommate.” Jungkook says and Taehyung snorts.

“Bold of you to assume their gender.” He replies, hooking his arm around Jungkook’s shoulder. “Besides, Jimin wouldn’t bring a total wackadoo to live with us, have some faith in our chimchim. I’m sure our new roomie would be great.” Jungkook hums in agreement and wraps his arm around Taehyung’s waist as they walk back to their apartment, a little giddy to meet their new partner.

****************

Exactly a week later, as Jungkook’s hunched over the couch playing overwatch (as one would expect from him.), he hears a faint knock at the door but completely ignores it, because he’s about to level up and he can’t afford to lose his focus. The knocks come back, this time a lot more audible.

“Kookie, can you answer the door?” Taehyung yells from the bathroom, where he’s shaving his legs because ‘Leg hair is a curse and only those who shave it get to live peacefully’. Jungkook completely ignores his calls and resumes playing, his focus on the target right in front of him and just when he’s about to shoot, the screen suddenly goes black.

“I said answer the door.” Taehyung stands in front of him in his silk robe, holding the plug that he so cruelly pulled out with the meanest expression on his face. Jungkook, crestfallen over what just happened, slowly gets up and walks up to Taehyung.

“You will pay for this.” He mutters harshly as he stabs a finger at Taehyung’s chest with the deathliest scowl Jungkook can manage. Taehyung, completely unfazed by his friend’s threat (He looks like a squishy baby bunny, how in the world is that threatening?) rolls his eyes and lightly pats his cheek.

“Go get the damn door.” Jungkook sighs as Tae goes back to the bathroom and drags his feet to the door. Now, Jungkook and Tae don’t know much people, so he naturally expected one of his dumb friends to be at the door, ready to ruin his evening. What he absolutely did not expect was a beautiful lean girl with long auburn hair and the most mesmerizing smile he’s ever seen, her eyes shimmering as she tucks a lock of hair behind her ear. And so, Jungkook does the most natural thing you could expect from him at this situation: He panics.

“Hi! I’m Chaeyoung, is this-” He slams the door hard and runs back to the couch, hiding his face in one of the cushions.

“Who is it?” Taehyung calls out but when he doesn’t receive an answer he comes out and raises both his eyebrows at his friend. “The hell you’re doing?”

“Girl.” He utters, his voice muffled by the cushion, but Taehyung, ever the expert on the Jungkook language, heaves a long sigh of disappointment and crosses his friend with a judgmental stare.

“You useless hetero piece of .” He curses and goes to the door, opening it with a wide smile. “Hi!” he greets the beauty in front of him and she beams back.

“Hi! Uhm, Are you Taehyung? Or Jungkook?” poor girl looks lost and Taehyung smiles warmly with a nod.

“I’m Taehyung, and the guy that panicked in front of you is Jungkook. Please excuse his odd behavior, he’s a disaster when it comes to girls.”

“Hyung ! Don’t expose me !” They look at each other knowingly and let out a train of laughter.

“Like I said, a disaster.” He crosses his arms as he leans on the door frame. “And you are?”

“Ah! Pardon me, I’m Chaeyoung your new roommate. Jimin must’ve told you about me, no?” realization finally downs on him and he almost laughs at how absurd the whole situation is. Jimin that little bastard, he knows Jungkook is an awkward fetus around girls and can’t even function properly in their presence. There’s no way this isn’t a set-up to torture the younger.

“Oh Jimin, I love you.” He whispers to himself with a smirk and immediately changes his expression to an enthusiastic grin. “Yes, Hi! welcome to your new home Chae! can I call you that?” he says as he opens the door wide and she steps in, dragging her large suitcase with her.

“Please do, no need to be awkward around each other.”

“True, you can call me Tae then. I don’t like it when people call me Taehyung, feels like I’m about to be lectured.” He grunts and she giggles at his reaction.

“Noted.” She stops next to the couch where the pathetic figure of Jungkook is lying lifeless. Taehyung sighs yet again and smacks him in the hard enough to get a reaction from him.

“Get up you sack of lazy bones.” Jungkook groans loudly, but manages to get up, his head hanging low so as to not catch the girl’s eyes. “Oh my god.” Tae huffs in annoyance and lifts Jungkook’s head, forcing him to stare at the beautiful girl. Oh, how Jungkook wants to disappear right now. Chaeyoung however, is completely amused and is trying to keep a straight face, but one look at Jungkook’s face and she’s giggling uncontrollably.

“You weren’t kidding. He is a disaster.” She manages to say after a long fit of giggles, staring at Jungkook’s frozen state.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t think you’d break him this bad.”

“No, it’s okay.” Chaeyoung shakes him off with a smile and proceeds to introduce herself to Jungkook. It’s a foul move that may scare him off more, she’s very much aware of that, but she’s too entertained to give a damn at this point. “Uhm, Hi Jungkook, I’m Chaeyoung and I’m your new flat mate. It’s very nice to meet you.” She turns back to Taehyung. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go start unpacking. Talk to you later Tae, Jungkook!” she waves them off and disappears into her new room, the tension slowly dissipating. Jungkook finally lets out a long breathe and Taehyung doesn’t hesitate to smack the back of his head.

“What brand of idiot are you? That was so rude!” Jungkook pouts. It’s not like he’s not aware of how incredibly uncomfortable he made Chaeyoung feel, it’s just hard to break out of his shell. Taehyung sighs tiredly and rubs the nape of Jungkook’s neck, feeling a little sympathetic for the younger. “We’re going to be living together for a long time Kook. It’s best that you get over your fear of girls or else you’re going to make Chaeyoung feel bad. Hm?” he pinches his cheek before he lets go and goes back to his room.

He flops back on the couch, his hands fidgeting with nerves. You’ve got this, Jungkook! you’re an adult, you can manage to hold a conversation with a girl without losing your . You can do it! He tries to give himself a pep talk (key word: try) and it seems to be working, until..

“Hey Jungkook, I don’t mean to bother you but would you mind lending me a hand here? These boxes are really heavy.”

His breathe hitches as he sits still rigid, his mind going haywire.

This is going to be a long day.