Maybe

Maybe

———————————————————————

 

“And the Best Performing Actress goes to Bella Ranee!” 

The hall roared with applause at her name. Bella took a deep breath and stood up, but not before giving a tight squeeze to the hand holding hers. 

Her manager helped her with the dress as she made her way to the stage. The styling team had picked out a pair of shorter heels for her, since she wasn’t in an ideal condition to strut her way down the red carpet in stilettos. 

She put a hand across her slowly expanding waistline absentmindedly, the other holding onto her manager as they reached the steps leading up to the stage. 

The award presenter came down to her holding out his hand, for which Bella accepted gratefully and gracefully. 

When they reached the podium, he made sure she had time to steady her breath before handing over the award with heartfelt congratulations. 

Holding the weight in her hands, Bella finally had the chance to look at the audience. She was oddly nervous and no matter how many times she did this, it always awed her. 

Lights were on her and frankly whatever’s beyond the stage is just a dark mass that she could barely make out faces of. But she knows many are people who loved and adored her. People whom she was truly thankful for from the bottom of her heart. 

“I- “ she cleared . “I am very grateful for the chance to be standing here again. Belle knows that what I have achieved is not just on me alone, it’s from many of you who have given me so much love.” 

“Your love has pushed me to work harder, it’s the only way I can repay all of you and I’m glad that today we are reaping these fruits of success together.” 

Applause rang through the hall again and hearing it from this angle never failed to bring her goosebumps. 

“To my daddy who’s now an angel, thank you for everything. You made me the happiest girl when I was a child and you always encouraged me to spread such joy to people around me.”

“To my mother, who’s been with me through every step of my life and never once not let me go after my dreams. Without you, there’ll be no Belle.” 

She took a deep breath again, trying to look for him in the crowd towards the direction he was seated at. 

“To my husband, my life partner, my equal and now my baby daddy-“ There were sudden cheers at the mention of him. 

“Thank you for loving me the way you do naka, P’Pope.” 

She bowed in gratitude before leaving the stage. Every award that she’s gotten, she tried to etched each moment to her heart. They reminded her of the love that she was lucky enough to receive in this life. 

Her manager was ready to lead her back to her seat. With careful steps, they made their way back as the ceremony continued behind them. 

Pope came out of his seat and met them halfway on the aisle. Holding both her hands while keeping her close, he snuck a kiss on her temple as the audience turned their attention back to the announcer on stage. 

“You did amazing, teeruk.” 

Bella’s smile upon hearing hearing that was so bright the lights would’ve been ashamed of themselves. 

 

——————————————————————————

*Teeruk, an endearing term used between lovers in Thailand. Something like like “jagiya” in Korean. Or in English, “love”.

———————————\\\\\—————————————

I just can’t get out of shipping these two ITS KILLING ME. 

I love them both and no matter how the future folds out I wish that they’ll always be a fond memory of each other. 

——————————————————————————