Enclosed Spaces

Enclosed Spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

Hi guys! Finally, here’s the ending. Took some time, but I had trouble writing an ending I was satisfied with. Thank you to everyone that read, commented, and left a kudos! I wasn’t expecting such a great response, and y’all really inspired me to write more.

Shoutout to Jackie for beta and helping with ideas, ily.

I hope you guys enjoy this final chapter!

I’m open to prompt suggestions/talk either on twitter or curiouscat (same handle): @roses_for_yves

Up next (idk when it’ll be done tho lol): Lipsoul fanfic where Lip is a lifeguard and saves popular girl Jinsoul from almost drowning OR Lipsoul angst based on King Princess’s Talia (haven’t decided)

Til’ next time!

-------

 

It turns out, Jinsoul and Jungeun we’re heading the same way, so now it’s just Jiwoo and Sooyoung. And boy, is it awkward.

Jiwoo seems to wear her heart on her sleeves — when she’s happy, you can tell from a mile away, and when she’s not, well it doesn’t take much to tell either.

Sooyoung is quiet because her head is running a million miles a minute, trying to figure out a way to make things better, although if this was because Jiwoo is jealous, then somewhere inside of her, she is squealing with joy.

“So, are you and Jinsoul close?” Jiwoo quietly says, disturbing Sooyoung’s thoughts.

Surprised Jiwoo finally said something after a while of silence, Sooyoung manages to squeak out, “She’s one of the dancers I’m close with at the studio.”

“Hm, yeah it sure seems like it.” Jiwoo replies curtly. Sooyoung was thinking of something to say, but before they knew it they were already at the train station, and Jiwoo has stopped walking, turning towards Sooyoung.

“Sorry, I just felt a bit unwell,” Sooyoung’s must have looked utterly shocked, because Jiwoo raises her hands in front of her, as if to really persuade the taller girl. “But I’m okay now! Really. Don’t worry.”

Sooyoung nods before meeting Jiwoo’s eyes again. “Thank you for coming, I hope you had fun.”

“I did. Thanks for inviting us.” It felt weird that Jiwoo was acting so unusually, but if she was indeed feeling a bit out of it, then maybe that’s really why and that’s an understandable reason. Sooyoung can let her haywire thoughts rest for a while.

Jiwoo looks over her shoulder and sends Sooyoung a small smile and a wave before stepping into the train. Sooyoung was about to turn on her heels to head home, but she realizes something, and it unconsciously makes her stomach drop.

Jiwoo always, always, gives her a hug when they part. But not today.

She still doesn’t know what it is, but that same force that overpowered her instincts and maybe logic and common sense possesses Sooyoung again. And just like before, her body was moving before her brain can even process it all. Her lithe body just slips in through the train doors, literally just a few seconds from closing.

Seriously, what’s up with her always following Jiwoo into enclosed spaces with temporarily open doors?

She quickly scans the train, looking for Jiwoo and she’s a few feet away, holding onto a pole with another hand on her phone, her back towards the wall. This train was definitely crowded, and Sooyoung needs to get to Jiwoo. With much effort, she finally makes it towards the other girl, but what now? Sooyoung is freaking out realizing what she just did and the situation she’s in.

She really just followed Jiwoo on her train, which is going the opposite way from her dorm. Sooyoung was about to berate herself more internally, when Jiwoo finally looks up from her phone and notices her presence. Her eyes clearly widen, finally meeting the taller girl’s gaze.

“Sooyoung?” It would be comical in an alternate universe — Jiwoo looks like she really just saw a ghost. Sooyoung was gathering her thoughts, about to give her a half-assed answer to explain the reason why she followed Jiwoo all the way into the train, but there was a commotion behind them, and next thing they know, Jiwoo is now pushed up all the way to the wall, with Sooyoung squeezed right in front of her as more people boarded the train.

It happened so suddenly, Sooyoung would have almost missed that millisecond when Jiwoo’s lips touched her neck during the ordeal, and Sooyoung is just praying that Jiwoo doesn’t have a good view of her neck in this cramped space, because she can feel her skin burning hot red.

There’s so many people around them, the announcements running over the speakers. But Sooyoung can only hear the fast, steady beat of her heart. Jiwoo’s head is almost resting where Sooyoung’s neck and collarbones meet, and she can feel Jiwoo’s slightly ragged breathing. They’ve never been this close before, and Sooyoung wants to combust. She never even knew how much she really longed to be this close to Jiwoo, and now that she has, she’s not sure how she’ll recover from losing this contact, this closeness.

They stood there for a while like that, and when Jiwoo moved a bit to steal a glance at Sooyoung, the taller girl does too, and upon their eyes meeting even for a split second, both heads turn as fast as they met. Red surely creeping up both girls’ cheeks.

A few more stops, and Jiwoo speaks almost directly into Sooyoung’s ears, “This is my stop.”

Sooyoung quickly steps back, only then realizing that the train wasn’t even crowded anymore and she could have afforded Jiwoo more space much earlier, but she quickly realizes she doesn’t regret it. Sooyoung gets off with Jiwoo, nerves getting the best of her yet again. She did what she already did, but now that Jiwoo is looking for answers, Sooyoung is tightlipped again.

Coward.

It might be the emotions running through her, it’s been quite a day. But Sooyoung just blurts out, barely above a breath, “You didn’t hug me goodbye.”

Jiwoo’s face seems to register so many emotions at once. Sooyoung loves that about her. At first shock, then confusion, before Jiwoo finally gives what Sooyoung has been waiting for, longing for the entire night. That brilliant, absolutely iridescent smile.

To Sooyoung, it was worth all her troubles.

Sooyoung can only smile back, her heart seemingly jumping in joy too.

Cheeks flushed, Jiwoo opens her arms wide, coaxing Sooyoung to come settle in her arms. It’s really just a hug — but the power it holds. Sooyoung isn’t tired anymore, she’s not wary anymore. She feels light, like floating, and only Jiwoo can have this effect on her. She deduces that she is most definitely, without a doubt whipped, but that’s a problem for another day, and now she just wants to bask in Jiwoo’s warmth.

Jiwoo finally breaks the hug, and almost squeals, “You’re so cute!” It’s very Jiwoo to say something like that, but Sooyoung is on cloud nine.

They didn’t really talk about the bitter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter