03:

No matter what
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the days where Lia is having her attacks, Yeji would be there. Yeji might have lost her sense of sight but she will always have the power to calm Lia down. She might struggle about noticing Lia's pain but she eventually figures it out and when she does, she would not think twice and will just hold Lia until the raging storm inside Lia's head calms down.

 

Lia had become Yeji's eyes, guiding and supporting her. Lia's learning the importance of patience and even she's not the most patient woman in the world, she turns into one for Yeji.

 

There were times where Yeji would have her breakdowns and Lia would stay by her side, not failing to assure Yeji that everything will eventually be fine. Maybe not today, but the day will definitely come where the pain and frustration would vanish and happiness will transpire. 

 

Lia assures the latter that in her dark days till the day where everything is finally fine, she'll be right beside her.

 

Times when Yeji would want to be alone and not accept anyone's help, Lia would let her breathe and just silently watch her, making sure that she's going to be just fine.

 

" love what you love with reckless abandon. Share the things that mirror your soul. Let the ones who undermine you shed light on their own self-doubt. Glow with the pride of " Lia's reading Lang Leav poems to Yeji.

 

They are sitting under the shade of the tree, Lia resting her head on Yeji's lap like always. There are things that definitely changed after Yeji lost her sight but there are beautiful things that remained the same between them.

 

" how can I read properly if you keep on tracing my face? My face is not a canvas and your fingers are definitely not brush " Yeji softly giggled but didn't stopped on touching Lia's face.

 

" I am just reminding myself how you look like, the shape of your lips, how pointed your nose is, how long your lashes are and how beautiful your eyebrows are " Yeji explains herself.

 

Lia closed her eyes and placed the book down, letting Yeji continue whatever she's doing.

 

" I'm afraid I might forget how you look like, I don't want to forget how your smile looks so beautiful— you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen and it's a shame that I cannot see you again for the rest of my life "

 

" but you can touch me, you can feel me— that's more than enough, right? " Lia softly asked.

 

" do you miss that Yeji who is not blind? Who can run towards you whenever you're in need without using a stick and stumbling in the ground? "

 

Lia opened her eyes and held Yeji's hand, she tightly squeezed it " Yeji, blind or not, you're still the same Yeji who always rush beside me when I'm in need "

 

" it's tiring, right? I'm sorry "

 

" don't be sorry Yeji " Lia sat up and cupped Yeji's face " you have always been in the future that I imagine every day and I couldn't imagine it without you— I don’t even want to think about what life would be l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter