01:

No matter what
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
LIA  

 

There are times where the world is so peaceful and calm, but the world inside my head is full of storm and unwanted noises. The voices inside my head, screaming and asking for help is continuously ringing even I try to cover my ears. The desperation of the voices inside my head is almost deafening.

 

I close my eyes and it becomes even worst. It was like I'm being forced to watch everything I don't want to see anymore, every single aspect of what happened is so clear inside my head. The blood, gunshots, panicking of people, desperate screaming for help and me in the middle of everything, lost and confused.

 

When will this storm inside my head will subside? I don't want these distressing memories anymore. How can I escape from my own mind's chaos? Will the time comes when I won't be reliving what happened in the past? I'm exhausted.

 

" Lia... " amidst fighting over my own self, I heard a voice. On the middle of noises inside my head, a voice appeared " Lia... " I opened my eyes and saw her.

 

My hands were trembling as I try to reach for her " Yeji " she looked at me with her worried eyes " I'm afraid " my voice is shaking. I failed to reach her, my hands came back to cover my ears and once again, I shut my eyes tightly closed. 

 

Every second pass, the noise is getting louder and louder. I want to scream to conceal the noises, I want to hurt myself to free myself from numbing and feel something other than fear and distress, but all I could do was cry and pray for this horror to finish soon. I feel helpless and insane.

 

" Lia, I'm here " I heard Yeji's voice once again, I slowly opened my eyes and realized the there were tears on my eyes, I am crying " I'm here " she repeated and gently took my hands away from my ears.

 

Her voice is gentle compared to those brutal noises inside my head " calm down, take a deep breath " she said as she gently wipes away the tears on my face " there's nothing to be afraid of, I'm here. No one will hurt you " she assuringly said.

 

Her eyes were calming. Yeji looks so peaceful compared to my mind, she always looks composed and tranquil. I always want to live where Yeji is the only one that exists— no disturbing flashbacks on my mind, no noises, and painful memories.

 

I tried to reach her again and this time, I succeeded. I wrapped my arms around her and tightly held her as if she's going to disappear if I won't do that. I felt her do the same, gently patting my back as she whispers sweet nothings on my ears.

 

Slowly, the unpleasant noises started to subside and Yeji's voice is the only thing that I can hear. I would love to hear Yeji's voice rather than living my life hearing noises that I don't want to hear for the rest of my life.

 

Yeji is my serene.

 

" I was so afraid. Everything's flashing back as if it just happened yesterday " I murmur " whether my eyes are open or not, I can still see those disturbing images. Whether I cover my ears or not, I could still hear noises of screaming and gunshots. I am terrified "

 

Yeji continued caressing my back, patiently listening to everything I want to say and trying very hard to keep my calm. Without her, I don't know how I could properly function. Without her, I would be like a broken toy robot that's struggling to go on until its battery dies.

 

" you won't leave me, right? " I weakly asked.

 

" I would never, I'll always stay by your side "

 

" promise? "

 

" I promise "

 

Yeji and I have been together since we are kids. Her family works for my family's hacienda— her father keeps our stables and animals in good shape, her mother is the head maid and her older sister is helping out, and Yeji, her job is to be with me.

 

We are in the same age so maybe that's why we clicked so quickly but even so, she always stand taller than me to protect me from everything. If I stumble and fall, she'll rush and get me up. I cry, she'll be there to wipe my tears away. If I'm sad, she'll hug me without any hesitation. Yeji has become someone that I can truly rely on.

 

 

After I calmed down, Yeji asked if I would want to walk around the field and have some fresh air. I agreed. I will always be more than happy to be where Yeji would be.

 

We are just walking slowly, taking our time as if we own it. We're holding each other's hand tightly and walking in sync. I love it when we walk in sync when her left foot will move and mine at the same it, it makes me feel like we're one. I want to become one with Yeji.

 

" look, the flowers are blooming really well " Yeji pointed out the beautiful flowers along the field that I failed to notice. My eyes shone and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter