Love Letter

Stupid Love Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So… Are you just going to throw that letter away?” Sayuri leaned forward and rested both of her arms on the table whilst waiting for her friend’s answer. She eyed the envelope resting on the table before hearing Rio sigh in depression. The older girl sitting across the table pouted on her place, fighting the urge to bang her head against the table. 

 

“I think it would be best. Besides, I only wrote this letter just to let all my feelings out. It’s eating me up inside. I never intended to give this to him to begin with” She copied Sayuri’s gesture and slumped her head on the table. She fiddled on the edges of the pink envelope with the name ‘Yamada Ryosuke’ written in ink. Sayuri, in turn looked at her hopelessly since she knew that nothing can ever change her mind. 

 

“Then you better hide that love letter away before they come” Sayuri warned and just continued to wait for her boyfriend, Yuto. They’ve been waiting for thirty minutes now and no sign of the boys were seen. See, the boys are currently rehearsing for their upcoming concert and Sayuri forced Rio to wait with her in their dressing room. Being friends with the group, Rio agreed, also wanting to see one person in particular: Yamada Ryosuke. 

 

Following her friend’s warning, she carelessly placed the said letter in between the pages of her notebook. She then pulled her earphones out and listened to some music which she’s planning to make Ryosuke listen to. 

 

-

 

It’s not long when the same person making Rio miserable came through the door with a smile plastered on his face. “Ahh.. The two troublemakers are here!” He teased. Not hearing this because of the loud music blasting in her ears, Rio suddenly felt someone pull one of her earphone buds. She saw Ryosuke sitting next to her, which made her surprised from his sudden appearance. 

 

“What the—? Where the heck did you come from?!” 

 

“From heaven…” Ryosuke replied with a grin on his face. He smiled brightly after seeing Rio’s cute gesture. He then turned his attention to the music on his ear, making him jive as if enjoying every note. “Is this BTS?!” 

 

“You bet! It’s their new song! I thought you should listen to it as well. It’s awesome!” Rio’s eyes glistened as if talking to her best friend. They’ve been always like this. They've only known each other for a few months but they’re like best buds. Almost every day, Rio finds herself hanging out not only with Ryosuke, but to all members of JUMP, and even Sayuri, Yuto’s girlfriend. 

 

Sayuri looked at the couple jiving into the music only they can hear - it’s like they entered their own world. “You two…. should just date!” She whispered silently but loud enough for Ryosuke to hear. Ryosuke’s eyes widened and felt a little bit panicked, hoping that Rio didn’t hear. Well, it’s only been a few months since they’ve known each other but since the beginning, Ryosuke has had a little crush on Rio. Everyone, of course, knows about this except for… well, Rio herself. 

 

“SHUSH!” Ryosuke gestured, with his index finger placed on his lips. He then looked at Rio, then to Sayuri, then back to Rio. Luckily, Rio didn’t hear what Sayuri had to say and cluelessly looked at them both - Sayuri almost falling off her chair for laughing. 

 

“Wh-What? What did you guys say?” She wondered, still fidgeting with the earphone bud on her right ear.

 

“Ah… Nothing, nothing” Ryosuke tried his best to change the topic, making the girl pout on her place. Rio was about to protest even more when seven other boys entered the dressing room - relieved that the whole days’ work is over. 

 

-

 

“Finally, you’re here!” Sayuri took the initiative to stand up and greet her boyfriend who was also glad to see her. Yuto pulled her hand and intertwined her fingers on his, making the rest of JUMP give out random teasing cheers. “I’m gonna borrow Yuto-rin for awhile ne?” Sayuri acted cutely whist pulling Yuto’s hand towards the door.

 

“Wait, Sayuri-chan! I’m coming with you. I don’t want go home alone” Rio hurriedly pulled herself up and gathered all her stuff. It’s enough that she gets to see Ryosuke today. After all, she decided to give up on giving him her beloved love letter, hoping not to ruin the friendship they have. 

 

Rio picked up her tiny notebook and headed towards the door, not noticing a little pink envelope slipping out from its pages. The pink letter dropped on the floor while Rio followed Yuto and Sayuri’s tracks. “Bye, Yama-chan! See you tomorrow!”

 

“Hey! Where’s our good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter