The Truth

I Love my Enemy

 Chapter 1

            Kanata Hongo was a well-admired actor in Japan, with the looks and talent no wonder that at the age of 19 he already made a big name in showbiz industry. Now his latest movie is doing great….

            “Chiqui are you ready? coz I’ll be there in 15 minutes”, Kanata said. *He was going to fetch his girlfriend Chiqui because they’ll be attending a presscon about their new movie wherein it will be their second team up.*

            “Yup, I’m almost done fixing myself”, Chiqui replied. “Great! Ok I’ll see you then * pushed the end button of his mobile phone.*

            When they arrived at the venue Kanata and Chiqui looked so glamorous with their attire, everyone envied them.

            “Each one please take your seats because we’re about to start”, Manager Ryuzaki said while leading Kanata and Chiqui to their seats.

            The reporters took their seats and brought out their notepads and recorder for the interview.

“Kanata what can you say about your new project with you girlfriend of course as your leading lady?” one reporter asked. “Well I’m very happy that we have another chance to work together”, Kanata answered. “How about you Chiqui?” another reporter asked. *smiles first before answering* “I’m very grateful that---- *her phone rang which interrupted the presscon. The name that appeared to the screen was Kevin, her boyfriend before Kanata which she left in America in order to reach her dream to become a star. Because they don’t have formal break-up, they still have communication.*

Chiqui’s POV

            Bad timing, why on earth he will call? And at this kind of time? *sigh* But I can’t just ignore his call I’ve been waiting for this since last week, now what should I do? If I answer it manager Ryuzaki and Kanata might be curious. NO!!!!! I’ll take this call, besides I really miss him.

            Chiqui told her manager that the call was important that she can’t just flout. Manager understand her and make an excuse for her. Moments past Chiqui wasn’t back yet that’s why Kanata felt worried that he wants to follow Chiqui but he knows that manager will not allow him. In order to escape he told his manager that he need to go to the comfort room.

            “Now where is Chiqui?” Kanata wondered as he turn his head side by side, hoping that he’ll find Chiqui.

Kanata’s POV

            I still can’t find her, looks like I better go back and just wait for her to return for sure she’ll inform me about the phone call she received. *In his way back to the conference room he need to ride the elevator but to his surprise, the elevator he just rode was now out of order. He saw the emergency staircase and decided to use it for his convenience.* While I was walking I’ve heard a familiar voice, I felt so relieved because finally I found Chiqui. But when I was about to open the door of one of the rooms where I heard Chiqui’s voice, I felt my body just froze after hearing my girlfriend saying “I LOVE YOU” to her caller.

            “Kevin no need to be jealous ok, you knew that you’re the one that I really love so stop imagining things about me and Kanata will you? I’m just using him for mu career. Don’t worry as soon as I got what I want I’m done with him. So bye for now I’ll see you after my movie, I love you!”-Chiqui

After hearing everything he felt sorry for himself, he can’t accept the fact that the one that he manage to love will do that. Right now he feels his heart was tearing into pieces, because of what he heard and to add to the circumstances it kept echoing in his head. Kanata returned to his seat dumbfounded, manager Ryuzaki noticed his certain change of mood so to hide this in media she decided to send Kanata home.

“Wait! the presscon wasn’t over yet”, he exclaimed.

“I know but it seems that you’re not in yourself. Don’t bother I’ll handle this just fine, so go home now and rest. I’ll just tell Chiqui”, manager explained. (T/N: Chiqui was still not there because after the phone call she first went to a comfort room to check her complexion. When she returned Kanata was already gone.)

“Ok…” the only thing he said

 

-END-