Full Plot + FAQs

— 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇: closed ;;
FULL PLOT
TLDR version is on the home page.

Scroll.

For centuries, gods, demigods, and the supernatural have roamed the lands of the
Earth and the Other Side, which is the name given to the parallel universe that monsters and dark creatures flourish in.

Demigods have generally been acknowledged as direct descendents of the immortal. Though innately human, they are capable of wielding powers specific to their immortal parent.

Less known to most are those chosen by the gods. These individuals, also referred to as demigods, are humans who have been gifted the ability to similarly wield powers specific to the god they have been chosen by.

Demigods are constantly hunted by creatures from the other side, and as a result, refuges like Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter have been founded to teach the demigods how to fight.

But there are those who never find a home.

The date of its initial existence is unknown, but Hearth is a small realm that is rumored to have always existed for demigods in need of a home. Most of it is for Camp Hearth--often just called Hearth since most of Hearth is the camp-- which is suspected to have been created by the gods for their children and chosen ones. The protector of the camp is a minor goddess who goes by the alibi Nadine Thomas.  

Though Hearth is not on Earth, it goes through all four seasons and has weather similar to that found on Earth. Most parts of Hearth are usually very secure and safe--especially the areas specifically designed for demigods; however, there have been multiple breaches by monsters, and dark creatures have been reported to reside in unknown areas.

Admin Tip: Imagine something like Wakanda from Black Panther being the central part of Hearth that is specific to demigods.

Nearly every notable security breach or monster infestation in Hearth has been an insider's doing--a demigod who was either possessed by a demon or converted to a warrior of the Other Side. These events have led many to also suspect that Hearth is, in some way, one of the mediums connecting Earth and the Other Side.   

The camp is routinely cleaned every month, and food is often provided in the dining hall at meal hours. There are cabins providing residences for the demigods. These cabins are not divided by immortal parent and have singles, doubles, and suites (4 people). Demigods may choose where they would like to stay.

For more information about the different parts of Hearth, refer to the Heart Map chapter.
 
FAQs
To ask any unlisted questions, please send them to the main or comment.

Scroll.

What mythology is hearth focused on?
Greek, Roman, Egyptian

Can my character be from anywhere in the world?
Yep. Hearth can appear anywhere, and the portal leading your character to Hearth will always lead to the camp's front gate.

How does entering/exiting Hearth work?
It is assumed that exiting Hearth will lead you to the same place from where you entered. The entrance on Earth will always be somewhat disguised but the exit to Earth is walking out of the front gate of the camp.

Example locations of an entrance to Hearth: Hidden behind a bush, alternative entrance behind a door, behind a curtain, etc.

Is character death allowed?
Yes, but you need admin permission.

What type of characters would Hearth present itself to?
Any range of characters work as long as their secret abilities are rejected by their society. They can be of any age.

i.e. Rich heirs/heiresses who cannot risk defaming their reputation by revealing their powers, runaways who have been desperately fighting off monsters, students who are bullied for being different, etc.
Characters who have discovered Camp Half-Blood and Jupiter will likely not discover Hearth.

How does SNS work?
There is no SNS for Hearth, but since all characters have their lives outside of Hearth, they can have SNS for that. There is no wi-fi or data in Hearth.

What type of monsters exist?
Any that you can think of. Feel free to make up your own too or borrow them from different universes.

Examples include cyclops, serpents, and Demons.

Can I have a character in the camp who has been converted by the Other Side?
Of course! It's recommended that you plan to have your character converted and not start with a character from the dark side. If they have been converted, they will probably act as a spy.

How powerful is Nadine?
On a scale from 1 to 10 (Zeus/Jupiter, Ra), she would be a 5. She can manage the operations of the camp pretty flexibly, but she cannot effectively fight off Other World creatures.

How do demigods communicate with each other when they're not in each other's presence?
In Camp Half-Blood, they tossed a drachma into mist to contact each other. A similar method is used but instead of a drachma, ......
 
cr. trxsh