How It Began

The Curse of Two Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A thousand years ago, the god and goddess of war; Ares and Athena, had an argument. They fought over who was the better leader in battle- Ares who focused himself into power, violence and bloodshed; or Athena, who prioritized intelligence, skill, and battle strategy.

It started out small, as a joke from Atë, the goddess of mischief asking one simple question: If they both led different armies into war, who would win?

 

Both gods answered they would, of course- and everything escalated from there.

 

At first they tried to decide by gathering all the votes from the family after presenting their arguments. The result had been a tie.

 

The next, they decided to fight against each other infront of Zeus, the King of the gods, and the whole family. In this battle, a smart move by Athena had gotten her the victory. The defeated Ares, had nothing else to do as he was defeated fair and square.

 

He was ready to accept his loss when Atë speaks up again.

 

"Sure, Athena won," the goddess of mischief protests, "but I asked who would win if they led armies to battle?"

 

A discussion in the family had started again, and after a few minutes of endless discussion, Zeus orders everyone's silence. Her point, which was fairly logical and unfulfilled, was taken into consideration by the king. He could not believe that Atë had created mischief again in only a few sentences, but in all honesty, he was bored.

 

The human world had been peaceful so far, and no one in the family had rebelled for years after he punished Prometheus by chaining him to a rock and sending an eagle to devour his liver, which regenerated everytime. He wanted to do something else. It was his world anyway.

 

"Then so be it." Zeus announces, striking the ground with lightning to sign his approval. "The battle to determine who the strongest god of war is will be in a hundred years from now. Build an empire for ten years and train them after. You may only bring five hundred warriors each, and teach them solely in your respective talents.

 

With this, the two gods entered the human world once again and gathered their worshippers, building their own empires across from each other. After ten years, both empires have strived and their people were ready to be cultivated and trained.

 

Ares gathered all his biggest men and biggest women and had them to strictly only mate with each other to produce large offsprings. After all, size comes with power, and Ares knew he had to focus on this trait. The humans with smaller stature served these people, and attended to their needs. He trained them all to utilize their strength, and toughness. They grew bigger and stronger; their skin turned thicker and tougher. He did this until his kingdom had evolved into humans who were as large as trees, able to kill a bull with one punch.

 

Athena on the other hand, took every one of her worshippers and taught them. She taught them how to properly train and maximize their own capabilities; how to fight with different kinds of opponents; how to skillfully do anything and everything. She taught them all the skills and knowledge they could absorb in their tiny little mortal brains. Soon enough, Athena's kingdom had developed all kinds of weapons and tamed a number of species that could help them fight in the coming war. After all, Zeus had only limited the number of w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter