[1]

looking at you

Vivi never really went out much; it’s not that she didn’t like it, she just never found the time or energy to. But today was one of her friend’s birthdays and she had begged her to come out with all their friends to celebrate, so how could she say no to that?

The place her friend decided to go wasn’t necessarily a rave, but it was basically a rave. It was packed full, with people dancing on tables, spilled drinks all over the floor, loud music pulsing from the huge speakers, and just an overall feeling of imminent regret in the air.

If those are not all the components of a typical rave, Vivi doesn’t know what are.

“Oh my god what am I doing here” Vivi thought to herself as she looked around at everything, honestly pretty overwhelmed by it all. She hadn’t gone out in a while, so to jump into something like this right away was pretty jarring, to say the least.

She had her friends at least though. “My friends!” she thought to herself again, “Oh , where are my friends? How did I lose them already?” That shouldn’t even be a question though, anyone could get lost in here in just a matter of seconds; it was that crazy.

Well, seeing that Vivi was all by herself now, she decided to head over to the bar and get a drink and then she’d try to find her friends. She ordered the cheapest drink on the menu, just needing something to hold so no guys would come up to her and greasily ask to buy her a drink. They were always so persistent, even after she’d tell them very clearly that she was gay. They would never let up, she hated that. Maybe that was another reason she didn’t go out often.

Vivi was now walking through the dance floor, sipping on her drink slowly, although honestly, it was pretty bad. She just wanted to find her friends.

She was pretty sure her friends weren’t there, but something was telling her to go to the middle of the dance floor, almost like she was involuntarily being pulled there. She didn’t really know why, but she followed.

Once she neared the center of the floor, she was met with a huge crowd, mostly guys, swarming around one person in the middle of the circle. She was curious so she walked closer to get a better look.

It was a girl, with medium-length brown hair, a tall and slender build, dressed in an all-white outfit composed of a skirt and a button up. She was very good at dancing, Vivi had to admit, and she was finding it hard to look away. Her movements were so fluid yet sharp, precise but erratic.

Vivi was captivated.

As was everyone else. All eyes were on the girl as she moved around effortlessly in the middle of the congregation, never staying in any one place for too long. But then her eyes met Vivi’s and her head suddenly locked.

Her eyes were beautifully piercing. They looked like the kind of eyes that in any other situation, would normally be soft and inviting, but right now, as she stared at Vivi intently, her gaze grew hot and intense.

Vivi felt something spark inside of her.

While the girl had stopped physically moving around the circle, she never stopped dancing, and she never let her eyes leave Vivi’s.

She stared at Vivi, as she slowed down her movements and grew more thoughtful about what she was doing. And she kept staring, while her hands ran up her sides, to her neck, and into her hair. At this, Vivi swears she almost choked on the spot. She looked so good and Vivi was starting to feel overwhelmed. Everyone was watching this girl, at least 15 people feeding her their utmost attention, and she was only staring straight at Vivi.

She felt lightheaded. The brunette’s gaze was so intense and captivating that she felt as if she was being drained. She swears her soul left her body, so you can’t even imagine how she felt when the girl stated slowly sauntering towards her. She eased her way lithely through the crowd of people until she stood a few feet in front of Vivi.

Their eye contact was broken for the first time since they saw each other as the girl grabbed Vivi’s free hand –Vivi had to check that it was really her hand because she just really couldn’t believe what was happening right now.

The girl shot Vivi a beautifully reassuring smile, as if to tell her to trust her, as she began to lead her away from the large crowd. Vivi helplessly followed, not daring –or wanting– to leave the company of the dancer.

After escaping the crowd, Vivi was pulled into an empty room. There was nothing really in it besides a table in the middle and some boxes in the corner but from the quick look she got of it, it looked like a storage room. It was a very, very quick look though, because as soon as the two were inside the room and the door was closed, Vivi was quickly pushed against the wall. The brunette swiftly took the half-full drink out of Vivi’s hand and slid it onto the table behind them without even looking.

Her eyes had still never left Vivi’s.

Both of the girl’s hands were now on Vivi’s waist and she was staring at the shorter girl intently, as if waiting for something to click.

It clicked.

Vivi quickly leaned forward and pushed her lips onto the other girl’s, her legs almost buckling beneath her from how perfect they fit together. At this, the girl tightened her grip on Vivi’s waist, allowing one hand to travel up her back and find her hair as they continued to kiss, pressing closer and closer to each other.

This was so unlike Vivi, but at that moment, she thought it was the best decision she had ever made.

They went from heavy and feverish, to soft and slow, until they broke apart a few minutes later. The gaze in the taller girl’s eyes had returned to that of the intensity from the first time their eyes met.

That was a good look on her, Vivi thought.

As the two began to catch their breath and calm down, Vivi started coming back to her senses. “What just happened?” She thought, How did that just happen? I don’t even know her name.”

“What’s your name?” Vivi blurted out suddenly without thinking, still sounding rather breathless.

“It’s Sooyoung,” She smiled sweetly and Vivi almost pushed herself back onto the other girl immediately, just from hearing that; but she held herself back as the girl –Sooyoung– spoke again, “and you?”

“Oh I-I’m Vivi… you’re really good at dancing, Sooyoung,” Vivi praised earnestly, pausing for a second to choose her next words, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone like you before.”

“Hahah, thanks,” Sooyoung responded with a shy laugh, such contrast to her previous behavior. “Yeah I actually work here. It’s pretty low-key though because I guess the owners don’t want customers to know that we’re getting paid to dance here… but yeah.” She explained quickly.

“Ah, she works here. That’s quite convenient, isn’t it, Vivi?” She thought to herself before responding.

“So if I come back here, can I expect to meet you again?” Vivi hopefully questioned as she stared at the girl in front of her.

“Of course… I’ll be expecting it, Vivi.” Sooyoung answered with a small smile, slowly dropping the other girl’s hand before turning to the door to return to the crowds of people outside. Vivi watched her go, her hand feeling suddenly empty without the other girl’s in it.

At that moment, Vivi knew she’d be going out a lot more from now on.