Dancing in the Dark

Dancing in the Dark

 

You stood next to the window, looking out at the silent night. It was past one in the morning, but sleep was eluding you.

 

“Hey, babe.” Two warm arms came around your waist and a chin rested on your shoulder. “Can’t sleep?” Yongguk’s deep voice gave you shivers yet warmed you up at the same time.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know why. Probs just stress.” You told him with a fake laugh, giving a little frustrated sigh. You turned around and wrapped your arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. His arms were your safe place. The place you felt most at peace in the whole world. He was soft, calm, and slow, making you feel at ease. You closed your eyes and sighed more contentedly this time. Your mind was already beginning to calm down.

 

Yongguk’s hands ran up and down your back soothingly, knowing that mere words wouldn’t help if you were worried about something. You were someone more moved by actions. The two of you stood there in silence for a few moments before Yongguk began to sway from side to side. His right hand slowly came up to your shoulder, sliding along your arm until he found your left hand. Intertwining your fingers with his, he kissed the back of your hand. He continued to sway as he brought your clasped hands to rest against his chest. Yongguk rested his head against yours, just at peace in your arms as you were in his.

 

You smiled slightly, following along as he lead you in a slow dance. He hummed quietly, a smile on his lips as well. Occasionally he would pause and kiss the side of your head, whispering quiet ‘I love you’s as you danced barefoot across your floor. You rested your head against his shoulder, relaxing even further.

 

“You’re strong, baby. You can get through anything, but whenever you think you can’t, I’ll be here to remind you.” He pulled away and spun you around once. “You’re perfect to me.” When you looked back at his face, you could see his shy smile illuminated by the streetlights from outside. You smiled back at him, biting your lip a little.

 

“Thank you, Yongguk.” You moved in and kissed his lips softly, reassured that your perfect shelter would be there to support you.

★☆★☆★☆