Totally Fine

I'm Fine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I look at the girl I love holding my best friend’s hand, her hand that supposed to be mine. How I wish to be in my best friend's place and be the one to be with her in front of this whole crowd.


Their eyes meet as she give my best friend a smile that supposed to be mine; what a heartbreaking sight. Why would I even want to be in here and witness such event?


I saw how my friend hold her face as she declare lovingly her words towards the girl I love, and that literally shattered my heart into pieces. Her words and sentences that makes the crowd around them cheer because of the feeling that’s been expressed to each words. A wonderful speech that resembles to a famous love story lines. A story that belongs to them, a love story that I am nothing but a single audience that belong to the cheering crowd.


I saw the girl I love looking at every moves of my best buddy anticipating what will the latter do next, I should be happy for them right? I should be thankful that it’s my best friend who she is with, because I know my best friend will never hurt her. 


But how I really wish I am the one that holding her hands, call me selfish because I am not happy at all. It’s hurt to see them together but what can I do when they are meant for this love story? They are the chosen characters of such a lovely fairy tale and I am not even a part of this life's play.


I saw her walk towards my friend before holding the latter’s face but the look on those eyes looks different. It’s different from the way she look at me, yet she still decided to go into my friend's arms. My heart clench when my best friend pull her tighter and she return the hug with a smile, and I know it’s a fake smile. I know her more than she know herself, but that didn’t stop her to hug my best friend back and once again another painful strike hit my already wounded heart.


My world stops when my friend kneel down and show her a ring, it looks like a great fantasy as she dress like a queen and my best friend as her king. I should be happy to see them, I must admit that they are indeed look great together but why does my heart breaks when my friend ask for her answer?


The girl I love look at the crowd that surrounded them and that’s when our eyes finally meet. And there it is again that lovely look on her eyes as if telling me that “I only love you”. 


“Will you marry me?” that words broke our stares like how it broke my heart into pieces. I look away hoping to cover the sight and pain, but I still saw how she glance back at my best friend as she gave her the answer that makes the crowd goes wild. It leaves my heart another heartbreak, if that’s even possible. Is my heart still beating at the moment? 


She faces the crowd and give them her million dollar smile, and I know it’s a real one. How I want to capture that smile and save it in my heart. 


“What did I even expect? You know it will end up like this Bomi, yet you wish her answer is still a no? Pathetic” I said to myself. I am stupid to feel this pain even though I shouldn’t felt this way.


I saw how the crowd gather around them to congratulate them for the successful event. Why did I even bother to attend it when I already know how will it ends? How it will only bring me a bitter feeling. 


Maybe because I love her so much and my best friend begged me to go. Maybe because it’s an important day for the both of them. Stupid me for still going in here and torturing my heart. I really hate love stories and this one is worst, maybe because I have to see her in someone else arms. 


“I shouldn’t have come” I mumbles to myself once again 


“You know what Bom unnie? You should stop talking to yourself” I glance at the girl beside me. I forgot that I have someone beside me that maybe, feeling the same way as mine.


“Tell me Naeun ah, how can you still smile?” I ask her, I don’t get how she still can smile at this event.


“Look at them, they are happy right now. Isn’t it enough to make me okay about it?” she answered me with an eyebrow raise 


“Are you not feeling hurt? Even a little bit?” I ask really amaze by her, how can she still smile?


“I am but if it makes Eunji unnie happy then it’s okay for me, that’s all that matter isn’t it? The happiness of the one you love” she answered while smiling at me honestly


“Then I salute you for that” I said smiling lightly at her


“Why are you even making this a big deal Bomi unnie?” She ask me curiously


“Well, I’m hurt” I said before looking away as she started laughing at my st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter