my star

shine on me, make me alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another concert done.

 

The crowd was going crazy and it was almost deafening — almost, because that was one of Yeji's favorite sounds, one she couldn't get enough of no matter how loud it was or how many times she hears it in a week.

 

The band bows to the audience one last time and darts to the backstage, hurriedly removing their in-ear monitors before crashing into a tight group hug, not even minding how sweaty they were after a three hour long concert.

 

At that moment, Yeji felt like crying and screaming at the top of a mountain at the same time.

 

She and her band just performed in front of one hundred thousand people. It felt surreal — and she would've believed it was just one more of her foolish dreams if she didn't feel strong arms around her waist, pulling her away from the rest of their crew.

 

Next thing Yeji knew, she was being pressed against the dressing room door and warm lips were leaving lipstick prints all over her face, making her giggle and pull the smaller girl closer to her body, silently asking for her not to stop.

 

The adrenaline from the long and energetic concert was still pumping through her veins, but there was something, someone, who would always make her feel like she was walking on air with just one look — Choi Jisu, her bandmate.

 

It's crazy to think that, four years ago, Jisu was nothing but her cute high school crush. They used to be paired up together for a lot of projects, which only made Yeji's feelings towards the slightly younger girl grow — and when they decided to form a band with their best friends it just got worse.

 

There was always this crazy chemistry between them, like there was a magnet pulling them closer everytime they shared a look, or when their fingers brushed against each other, or when they were left alone — and it didn't take long for that chemistry to burst into something else.

 

That's why they were alone inside of the dim dressing room when they were supposed to be celebrating their success with everyone else, hoping it would take the rest of the girls a few more minutes to notice they were missing.

 

"You did great today," Jisu whispered against Yeji's lips, making the taller one gulp. "Everyone was going crazy because of you."

 

"Look who's saying," Yeji started, drawing circles on Jisu's exposed back. "There were so many girls calling your name."

 

Jisu giggled at that, leaving a peck on Yeji's sharp jaw before looking up again. "I only like it when one girl call my name."

 

That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter